EVENT: Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: EVENT: Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Topic

Post#231 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:39 pm

In-Game Shop - Premium Event Crate - Rebel Faction - 01-02-2020
(Click here to view LARGER image)

Wallet Warrior Alert!

Here is your chance to get a jump on current Event Unit Frags getting 10 to 12 per Premium Event Crate! :D

The rest of us will do the SWC Event - Rise of Skywalker and get the same amount for FREE!! :lol:

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

DeathStriker

Post#232 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:41 pm

What Everyone Is Grinding Elite Crates For...

Elite Crate Rewards Possible
(Click here to view LARGER image)

WOOT!! 12 Elite Orbak Marauder Armory Equipment Frags in 1 Elite Event Crate!

:arrow: THAT IS THE SAME OR MORE than the number of Frags possible in a In-Game Shop - Premium Event Crate without the cost of 500 Crystals :lol:

:arrow: The above is from my HQ 11/P Account which is getting nothing but Orbak Frags either for the Unit or Armory Equipment.

AND HOW are you doing?

Calboy
Commodore

Post#233 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:52 pm

None of your luck DS at all on my maxed hq8 rebel ( my only base )

50% frags approx for elite / standard Orbak
Other 50% are demo droids in the main with Prada leia, ETTE & kessen. A few spiders now and again.

Started off well with no demo droids.
Proud commander of Lvl3 Mercenary Guard Reserve. Kick Ass time

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#234 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:45 pm

DeathStriker wrote:What Everyone Is Grinding Elite Crates For...

:arrow: THAT IS THE SAME OR MORE than the number of Frags possible in a In-Game Shop - Premium Event Crate without the cost of 500 Crystals :lol:

:arrow: The above is from my HQ 11/P Account which is getting nothing but Orbak Frags either for the Unit or Armory Equipment.

AND HOW are you doing?

Honestly, if I opened a Crate and it has 5 rewards for the Horse and Elite Horse, I wouldn't be happy at all, on the contrary, I'd call names to the last generation of developers. And guess what? The first crate I opened for my HQ 8 Rebel had 3 rewards for the Horse and 2 rewards for the Elite Horse... Even with 8 other possible rewards! And I just opened Crate #8 for this base and it also had only Horses inside. :evil:

Maybe the Devs give us a Haras where we can breed all these horses, or a corral as new Guard Reserve and when attacked dozens of Fathiers and Baracks will come out and start kicking enemy troops...

I'm getting sick of this and I'm about to stop playing this Event with my main accounts, Rebel HQ 11 and Rebel HQ 8, because rewards for the units I really want to max out - eATTE, Spider and Ithos - are very rare, and Iakaru even rarer.

And this Horse sets a dangerous precedent - it's the first Elite Unit that ever got a skin. Going forward, devs may find that's a good business releasing skins for other Elites instead of just giving them a buff.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#235 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:27 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
You should be seeing dev bases within 4-10 skips on Tatooine and Erkit.

I would load one barrack with vans, 3 with jets, all 3 factories with TXs and MTTs in the cantina. After attacking you will have 1 van, 3 jets, 3 TXs and 1 MTT, wait for the second van (2 mins) and MTT to pop out and fill the rest of the transports with random samples. This should be strong enough to take out dev bases and it should give you a turnaround of about 8-10 minutes per attack. Bonus crates take 4 attacks so you will not need to open the barracks/factories/cantina screens in between attacks to refill so you should be able to get an elite crate in about 30 minutes; refill build queues in all after the 4 attacks. I would load all heal ships in the air support to help with sonics.

Excellent suggestion - using the Vanguards to clear a path, then the TX tanks/jets to take out the front turrets, and dropping even the L1 MTT’s back a bit to cleanup the satellite buildings gave them enough time to spawn the Dowutins. Bases I couldn’t star are starting to fall now without rancor’s/dekas/air. Have to experiment a bit more with the deployment ranges.

mkenobi wrote:I don't know if it's about my current 37k medals. I was hesitant to let the medals exceed 30k, and when I did, the Dev bases disappeared for a while, and now they are back. Try dropping medals to about 30k or 25k, it might help.

It very likely is due to your 37k medals. That range of matchmaking was much easier. You’ll start seeing difficulty increases about 500 points before the 5K marks.... 49500 and 54500 were like hitting walls for me,

Dropping medals is an interesting option, but doesn’t always work, Last time I tried it, it dropped me into a matchmaking pool where people had a goal to take out mortar turrets and they’d try my base and lose (intentionally or not, I don’t know) to hit the mortars for the daily goal... the result was my medal dump failed and I still got more medals pouring in that pushed me up into the 45-50k range... so I kept going.

Thanks for the help again, strawman3125. Appreciate it.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L38
Medals: ~70k Deka/o: 50/50 Jets: 5d/4f/4a

Calboy
Commodore

Post#236 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:04 am

Your orbak good luck DS coming my way now, pretty OP with the skin.

Plenty of ithos, leia and spiders as well now.

eATTE have dried up after a good start.

On another subject , as I cannot create a new topic, are you finding brand new players with a user name ‘Cal’ ?

We have seen it and it’s due to the new Star Wars PS4 / xbox / PC game ‘ fallen Jedi ‘ as main protagonist is called ‘ Cal’

2 ‘cal’ s joined us recently but had to be turned away as it would cause confusion.

We explained why turned away , but as they are new would rather know of good rebel squads we could suggest to goto, to nurture them etc and not be disheartened from the off.

As I said cannot open new topic but believe it’s worth it to keep new commanders
Proud commander of Lvl3 Mercenary Guard Reserve. Kick Ass time

DeathStriker

Post#237 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:44 am

CONFLICT UCL STATS - Week #3 - Update:

ULTRA CHROME LEVELS (UCL)
    ==================
    PLANET - GEARS - % - TIME
    ==================
    Tat - 20,379 - 2.00% - 1d 1h **
    Dan - 65,254 - 2.00% - 1d 1h **
    Kit - 68,321 - 2.00% - 1d 1h **

==================
    **GSoW Estimated Stats used due to no current Player Update.

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This data comes from the UCL LINE Chat created by rRr that is contributed to by members voluntarily.
    2. In that chat group, people post the threshold of UCL to within the range 1.8 - 2.2% and the amount of time left in the conflict.
    3. This is just a look at the most recent UCL Stats as of this Forum Posting and is subject to change.
    4. Use the above Info for decision making purposes.

GSoW CONFLICT TRACKER: Click here for Real Time (current) Conflict Stats. **Only Active During Conflicts**

Post any comments below...

DeathStriker

Post#238 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:45 am

MY EVENT STATUS - Week #3 - Update:

Here is where I stand as of this Morning:

1. HQ 11 - Completed Elite Event Crate 10/24 **
  2. HQ 8 (Max) - Completed Elite Event Crate 11/28 **
  3. HQ 8 (Mini) - Completed Elite Event Crate 11/28 **

** Theoretical Maximum for the Account specified - given the time remaining.
And the Elite Crate Chase Continues... :lol:

DeathStriker

Post#239 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:47 am

Calboy wrote:On another subject , as I cannot create a new topic, are you finding brand new players with a user name ‘Cal’ ?

We have seen it and it’s due to the new Star Wars PS4 / xbox / PC game ‘ fallen Jedi ‘ as main protagonist is called ‘ Cal’

2 ‘cal’ s joined us recently but had to be turned away as it would cause confusion.

We explained why turned away , but as they are new would rather know of good rebel squads we could suggest to goto, to nurture them etc and not be disheartened from the off.

As I said cannot open new topic but believe it’s worth it to keep new commanders

A BIT OFF TOPIC...

Calboy - Creating New Topics is easy:

1. Click on Forum (General Discussion, Squad War Discussions, etc.).
  2. Click on [New Topic+] Button located in upper left corner just above List of Topics.
  3. In Editor - Add a Topic Title and Comments - then Submit.
If you still have issues, PM me and I will investigate.

strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Post#240 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:10 am

mkenobi wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:What Everyone Is Grinding Elite Crates For...

AND HOW are you doing?

Honestly, if I opened a Crate and it has 5 rewards for the Horse and Elite Horse, I wouldn't be happy at all, on the contrary, I'd call names to the last generation of developers. And guess what? The first crate I opened for my HQ 8 Rebel had 3 rewards for the Horse and 2 rewards for the Elite Horse... Even with 8 other possible rewards! And I just opened Crate #8 for this base and it also had only Horses inside. :evil:

Maybe the Devs give us a Haras where we can breed all these horses, or a corral as new Guard Reserve and when attacked dozens of Fathiers and Baracks will come out and start kicking enemy troops...

I'm getting sick of this and I'm about to stop playing this Event with my main accounts, Rebel HQ 11 and Rebel HQ 8, because rewards for the units I really want to max out - eATTE, Spider and Ithos - are very rare, and Iakaru even rarer.

And this Horse sets a dangerous precedent - it's the first Elite Unit that ever got a skin. Going forward, devs may find that's a good business releasing skins for other Elites instead of just giving them a buff.

I actually think that skins for unlockable units is fine, otherwise the unlockable units need to be just as powerful as skinned units to be usable in PvP but then they are overpowered in Squad Wars (like the SMTT). I also think that they could start releasing skins for units that already have skins, as long as they do something different.

Great idea! Cantina GR: Horses!!! (eoither on or both)

Return to “General Discussions”