12-19-2019...The big question?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthChoder
Commander

Re: 12-19-2019...The big question?

Post#11 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:35 am

GlockShanty wrote:
I'll say it again; August 2020. That's when the game is closing down, if not before.

If we don't see any new content for Episode 9 over the coming weeks, then it may well be closing down even earlier.

How do you know this?
Player: Darth Choder
Squad: SithLegion
Young but active squad - looking to grow. (Built not bought)
Join us....and feel the power of the dark side.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#12 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:30 am

Assuming there will be some new content, would it be useful?

And if indeed useful, you bet there'll be threads aplenty screaming it is WAAAAYYYY overpowered and that one side or the other gains an unjust advantage from the new units...

About ten-twenty whining and tearjerking threads later, the devs will pretend to cave in and comply and nerf the new content into the habitual uselessness for all sides and there will be a renewed flood of heartrending lamentations about the "lost" unit they spent so many crystals for to get it to maxed level asap…

For me, as long as SWC continues, I'll stroll along, playing occasionally, having some fun when it suits me… if it stops, it will leave the memories of many nights of fun and my life will probably continue... for me after five years the magic is waning.
Like a few posts here suggest: Life as we know it will move on
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#13 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:57 am

Ghostie wrote:12-19-2019 or the following days will we see new content from The Rise of Skywalker?

Any particular vehicles/heroes/troops/mercs/starships you would like to see in game from The Rise of Skywalker?

If we don't see any new content from The Rise of Skywalker what can we assume?

If we don't get the new content from The Rise of Skywalker is it safe to say SWC won't be around much longer?

I actually hope they delay releasing the new content until the new year, but that's because I will be pretty busy over the holidays and I won't have the time to dedicate to events or conflicts! ;)

RogueTwo
Captain

Post#14 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:45 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
Ghostie wrote:12-19-2019 or the following days will we see new content from The Rise of Skywalker?

Any particular vehicles/heroes/troops/mercs/starships you would like to see in game from The Rise of Skywalker?

If we don't see any new content from The Rise of Skywalker what can we assume?

If we don't get the new content from The Rise of Skywalker is it safe to say SWC won't be around much longer?

I actually hope they delay releasing the new content until the new year, but that's because I will be pretty busy over the holidays and I won't have the time to dedicate to events or conflicts! ;)

That us a good point but we don't want to hold our breath that long.
JEDIKNIGHTS (Leader) - Rebel bases:
RogueTwo - Prestige
Thing1 - Level 9
Thing2 - Level 9

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#15 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:01 pm

Yes, we are near Xmas, and I agree with Strawman, people will be on vacation, travelling, joining family and friends, enjoying the holidays -- who the hell will grind for new content in the Xmas evening and New Year evening?

I should be about 3 weeks away, so I'm programming +30 days off in my squads starting on next week, no one will be removed during this time, if they get inactive for 30 days, game will kick them anyway.

For the love of all Sith, Zynga, don't be stupid of releasing new units at this time... Or will they?

I started to think about new content, and I concluded that I do not want more new content. I believe we don't need anything else then Jumps/Jets, TXs, Trucks and Trains to win in PvP or PvDev, they are powerful units.

I just want a new chance to get the old new content that I couldn't unlocked for some of my bases, or upgrade to some decent and useful level -- like Rancors and Dragons (all Level 1 for my Imperial HQ 11), and other units we don't see for long -- U Wing/Tie Brute, WED, Imperial Astromedic...
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Return to “General Discussions”