Nox Android Emulator / Windows 10 S Mode

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
lukeskywalker
Admiral

Nox Android Emulator / Windows 10 S Mode

Post#1 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:45 pm

I seem to be having issues loading the Nox Android Emulator, and I suspect it's because of Windows 10 S Mode. Can anyone confirm? I'm assuming I need to pay up the ransom, to open this up.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

DeathStriker

Re: Nox Android Emulator / Windows 10 S Mode

Post#2 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:37 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:I seem to be having issues loading the Nox Android Emulator, and I suspect it's because of Windows 10 S Mode. Can anyone confirm? I'm assuming I need to pay up the ransom, to open this up.

lukeskywalker - I don't use Nox but I may have found an answer for you.

Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode.

:arrow: OFFICIAL HELP: Switching out of S mode in Windows 10

Hope this helps you...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Re: Nox Android Emulator / Windows 10 S Mode

Post#3 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:36 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:I seem to be having issues loading the Nox Android Emulator, and I suspect it's because of Windows 10 S Mode. Can anyone confirm? I'm assuming I need to pay up the ransom, to open this up.

lukeskywalker - I don't use Nox but I may have found an answer for you.

Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode.

:arrow: OFFICIAL HELP: Switching out of S mode in Windows 10

Hope this helps you...

Thanks DS! All of the other articles and YouTube videos I have seen, seem to indicate there's a charge. Not huge mind you, but a little irritating to be asked to pay another $50.00 to get out of a security mode you don't want. Especially since it's not clear if this will resolve the problem. I suspect it will though.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Return to “General Discussions”