Unbalanced Rebel Vehicles vs underpowered Empire vehicles: the mid-game.

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
fffhuge
Storm Trooper

Unbalanced Rebel Vehicles vs underpowered Empire vehicles: the mid-game.

Post#1 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:18 am

My first and most recent post was the juggernaut versus the AT AT. But that's not the only unbalanced vehicle turned in the rebel's favor. Instead of taking off a unit space or two for their version of the AT MP, for example, or even making it do less damage, it is more powerful. It takes 2/3 the space, does around 33% more damage per volley(as it shoots two shots), and the AT MP only has an average of around 40% more health at lower levels(44.09% including all levels but at that point I'd imagine neither is useful).
It may seem like an unimportant thing to talk about, but the Empire is meant to have decent vehicles, not pushovers. Their infantry and heroes are not strong enough to win alone, but without good vehicles, they can't make good wins, and early empire players must grind low star wins, wait for overpowered support, or take time before each battle to find a rock paper scissors base that their current force counters, a limited resource; a well thought out vehicle force can even fail to 3 star a base with no missile turrets at level 5/6 play. In terms of the AT MP if it was made to take 12 space and the damages were swapped, it might be able to be used effectively with a force of other units that help it get to the shields, as well as its own damage, until the player got better units.
The AT AT really needs a slight speed and spacing buff as well, but I already made a post on that and its overpowered counterpart, the Juggernaut.
The AAT and 2-M hover tank stats look like they were switched. http://www.swcommander.info/wiki/index. ... Hover_Tank http://www.swcommander.info/wiki/index. ... Hover_Tank The solution would seem to be switching the health, and if AAT only shoots one or two shots, the damage can stay the same as the 2-M shoots four. The health, however, ruins the 2-M at the moment, unable to support infantry, vehicles, or anything much once the rebels gain access to the missile turret, which they've had for the majority of the time I've played this game.

The grind doesn't start at level 8, or 9, or 10. For the empire, it arrives at the very beginning, and that doesn't draw in many long-time players who might care about the game enough to spend money on it later on.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Re: Unbalanced Rebel Vehicles vs underpowered Empire vehicles: the mid-game.

Post#2 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:02 am

Gosh, why don’t you create a second account and play rebel and see how “over power” rebel vehicles are. Geez.

Grass is always greener on the other side.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#3 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:44 am

All of the vehicles in the game are under powered and need to be fixed!

There are so many factors:
1. Jets/Jumps with skins offer far more damage/health per UC and versatility compared to any vehicle, who would bother...
2. There are 4 barracks to 3 factories
3. Rockets take out the most powerful vehicles faster than bursts take out troops, despite the vehicles increased health.
4. Vehicles take longer to cook.

Why would anyone use vehicles when they take longer to cook, are less powerful and die faster than the troop alternative? Seriously, why would anyone use a UC 10 ATST vs a UC 7 Jump when the Jump is superior in every way and costs less in every way?

Personally I think they should do some or all of the following:
1. Reduce the cook times for for most/all vehicles.
2. Reduce the UC of all vehicles.
3. Add a 4th factory
4. Reduce the Rocket turret damage bonus to vehicles to 1.4 times damage (the same as bursts) from the current 2.0 times damage.
5. Increase the heal rates of both vehicle heal droids.

All of this of course ignores the one balanced vehicle, the ITTs/WWs, which are actually useable!

As far as factional balance goes, I prefer the Rebel version of every vehicle!

RogueTwo
Captain

Post#4 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:59 am

As posted in another thread:
Why dont we all just use the same equipment then "for balance"? Life isn't about everything being equal, it is about adapting, overcoming, and thriving. Why do we fall? So we can practice geting back up again.
JEDIKNIGHTS (Leader) - Rebel bases:
RogueTwo - Prestige
Thing1 - Level 9
Thing2 - Level 9

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:26 am

Here's another thread full of misinformation.

The AT-AP shoots 4 times and takes 10 UC.
The AT-MP shoots 6 times and takes 15 UC.
The dps per unit capacity is virtually identical (373 vs 372).

The AAT and 2-M also have almost identical dps per UC (219 vs 226), but the 2-M has 2 more range, which is a very significant advantage.

Wherever you're getting your facts from is wrong.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#6 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:56 pm

Also, I wouldn't say Jugg is better than ATAT. Key advantage the ATAT has is its range of 9 vs Jugga 8.
Doesnt seem much but makes shield popping, and therefore SC takedowns a lot easier for imperials.
Main account:BaconSecond account:nEggs
Squads:CircleOf.Masters,NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

***If any players want to get involved in no outpost wars please PM me on this forum or on LINE app***

TNT
Admiral

Post#7 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:31 am

sgu97cab wrote:Also, I wouldn't say Jugg is better than ATAT. Key advantage the ATAT has is its range of 9 vs Jugga 8.
Doesnt seem much but makes shield popping, and therefore SC takedowns a lot easier for imperials.

The Juggernaut is better than the ATAT, but both units are terrible though.
The 30 cap for the ATAT and the slowest speed in the game means it's completely useless. The 1 extra range means it will kill 1 shield and then proceed to do nothing ever again.
While the Juggernaut does kamikaze, it at least reaches the battleground in time and will likely kill 1 shield and damage another.

I can't comment on FFFhuge's post. I find it too hard to parse.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

Planetbleeder
Commodore

Post#8 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:03 am

Like Dark Rebel said...try both. Then decide which side is the most fun to PLAY. This way you have multiple choices.

1.Play Empire
2.Play Rebel
3.Play both
4.Play none

ForceMel
Major General

Post#9 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:01 am

As a rebel, I've won 99% of all my battles. My units are plenty powerful enough to overcome the enemy defenses.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Mainzer
Officer

Post#10 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:11 am

Its a strategy game... means each unit has his point where its good (ok don't talk about demolition droid etc... lol).

Just need to know how to use it, Jugg is nice to get Shields down... But you need to protect him really good against rocket turrets ..

And AT AT as already named has more range... so good to set him where burst towers are...

Its always a complain to say this is better as.... But just try to use the unit useful... Its like the adjustment now on Imperial Jumps.... Now its next to Rebel Jets.. but Rebel Burst has lower damage as Imperial 9500 reb vs 12500 imperial.. There are many units and buffs who are more or less better as the other fraction.
Officer Italia-HanSolo

inGame name: Mainzer

You got me @ Line with ID: mainzer76

Return to “General Discussions”