Ideas to Fix or Balance Rebel Faction Hero’s

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Toydarian
Major General

Re: Ideas to Fix or Balance Rebel Faction Hero’s

Post#11 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:52 pm

Fascinating. Great OP by our guru @Spock ...for a thoroughly quality discussion. So, where to go in this one. First, a data point. I was fascinated to note the data from GW2 about Reb usage there with my go to hero JK ..way above anything from the Imp side. That says something about the preferred hero on both sides. That said, again from GW2, elite Imps have got the gist of JK, and exploit it really well...my good friend @Dragon is an exemplar in this regard.

Second data point....again from GW...this time GW1....Spock’s XO...@Death...hammered me relentlessly with Lord Vader....I just could not work out...where his mech were coming from! Now I know....the Vader buff at high levels is a fist that is punishing! Got all this from a stroll round the SWC wiki today.

All that said, as a Reb, I don’t feel too under the cosh, hero wise. Sure, Darth V with his skin ...pisses me off in deflecting blaster fire for ever....but most Imps like to use the e-dog, which my SC jets often render as dog meat! Lol.

So, how to answer @Spock’s question? First, it will probably take some doing to ween Rebs off JK. I think more Rebs than Imps have mastered his art....coz we had to. Second, Luke has got to be the focus for any future buff. Third, ....and I have played with it...is the 3PO buff for R2. I do not think many have got that down pat yet, but it is cool when you get it working right!

Sorry, long preamble.... in a 4 hr research period. Thoughts for Reb hero’s?

One: let us upgrade our e-AT-ATs with credits, rather than non-existant frags.
Two: buff Luke to spawn flame chicks while he is swirling, to fry Rodians for our next dinner.
Three: (long shot)...Luke to summon JK for some real sport! Lol

Enough....thanks @Spock for the cool prompt!
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:55 pm

Today we have fewer differences than in the past, when Rebels complained that Imperials had better heroes, and especially the Kessen training time difference was double for Rebels, and Rebels didn't have a hero similar to eATAT. Kessen has had its time shortened, and Rebels have won eATTE, but it's still very little.

eATTE should be an unlockable hero by raising a level of Hero Commando, in which case HQ 5 same than the eATAT, not an Elite that you only get frags from time to time.

Luke deserves a good buff more than any other unit in the game, to make up for the stupidity they did with Lord Vader Vs R2D2 buffs.

Captain Solo is fine if they remove Vanguard Syndrome and make him a shield hunter instead of a turret hunter. I always put two Medics with him when I play with my HQ 8 and HQ 7, and I don't care if he doesn't triple like the Death Trooper, which should be a skin for the Dark Trooper and not a hero that has nothing of a hero.

I never used R2D2 + 3P0 after the buff, so I don't know if it's all that they talk about R2 become a beast when using the skin at high levels (my bases only have its skin at level 5 and 6).

Chewie is my favorite Rebel hero with a skin on any planet on any HQ level. When he's training, I use Kessen as 2nd option on deserts.

I rarely use Senator Leia, because of the droidekas and guard reserve inside the shields that make her commit suicide. But when she is a generalist, she often goes in and out through walls all the time, which is annoying when you want her to destroy turrets.

There is no perfect hero, everyone has a weakness, and that's what I like about the game. But Luke, come on, Devs! It's time he got a buff!
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

CoolGuy
Admiral

Re: Ideas to fix or balance rebel hero’s

Post#13 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:33 pm

SpaceDandy wrote:Leia used to be great on forest planets and the rebel skin active - generated quite the swarm with a medic behind her... but an unintended consequence of the GR is that because of her "infantry" primary targeting as soon as a GR imp troop spawns, she charges into the heart of the base where the barracks are and dies way to soon to be of any use and with negligible rebels spawned. Just turn her into a generalist to avoid suicide runs and the skin is restored to what it was intended to be. Just that would be a plus...

Leia should only be deployed once the baited GR troops have cleared the shields and turrets, and by then your wave of jets should be well inside the base killing off the barracks.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

GangstaMick
Lieutenant

Post#14 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:01 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Incendiox wrote:Wait, how does the Rebel Commando skin directly help Leia? Have I missed something?

Incendiox - When Leia is wearing Senator Leia Organa Armory Equipment she will "Spawn" Level 5 Rebel Soldiers. By also "Activating" Rebel Command Skin the "spawned" Rebel Soldiers become Rebel Commando's.

:arrow: MORE INFO: Here.

Hope you understand better...

What about she spawns simple rebels troops faster the more she is upgraded, once released spawns troops at a faster rate. 40, 20, 10, 5. 2.5, 1.25. Then done. She Inspires. Not unlike timers already, so if she survives she pumps troops. Since the story goes is Rebels win.
Evil will always Triumph because Good is so Dumb.

TNT
Admiral

Post#15 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:27 am

Spock wrote:It’s no secret rebels really have terrible heroes and skins for them when compared to the empire.
But how to fix them in a logical manner?

Luke needs a skin similar to Vader. So what additional units could Luke bring into battle?
I could see heavies and soldiers in the early stages (maybe with a medic) then eventually at lvl10 a low level jug just like the Vader skin.

Han Solo needs a buff like the death trooper. But you cant have 3 Han Solos running around. So any ideas?
Maybe a couple Wookiee’s?

I hope to see a few cool ideas and hope even more that the devs will see this thread and give it some consideration.

What are the clothes we associate Luke with:
1: His white burlap sack which he is currently wearing
2: Storm trooper outfit
3: His orange jumpsuit
4: Nothing as he floats in the bacta tank
5: His black ROTJ suit

While he has more sets of clothes during Empire strikes back there isn't anything that's quite as iconic.

From that I can think of 2 options:
1: If you want full parity, one humorous solution would be to give him his Storm trooper disguise and have him literally summon the same units as Vader does.
2: His orange jump suit. Have him summon rogue squad in the form of several pilots or maybe do the same as Leia/EATAT where he regurarly summons 1 or 2 pilots.

Han was always pretty good good, but fragile. His fragility is fixed by the skin, but the problem is the new trap hunting he does. He needs to lose that.
If you do want to have him spawn extras the most logical thing would be Tauntauns. He's captain Solo from Hoth after all.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

TKTB51
Major General

Post#16 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:35 am

if Luke's a storm trooper, his range is very limited, as "I can't see anything in this helmet".
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Ghostie
Major General

Post#17 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:23 am

mkenobi wrote:I never used R2D2 + 3P0 after the buff, so I don't know if it's all that they talk about R2 become a beast when using the skin at high levels (my bases only have its skin at level 5 and 6).

At level 10 in the hands of an intelligent rebel attacker its a guaranteed 50% win against any maxed prestige base. It's not an easy button though as thought and deployment do come into play.
Some men aren't looking for any logical solution. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#18 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:59 pm

Ghostie wrote:
mkenobi wrote:I never used R2D2 + 3P0 after the buff, so I don't know if it's all that they talk about R2 become a beast when using the skin at high levels (my bases only have its skin at level 5 and 6).

At level 10 in the hands of an intelligent rebel attacker its a guaranteed 50% win against any maxed prestige base. It's not an easy button though as thought and deployment do come into play.

Agree. I find it more effective with level 9 bases and below, but against the right layouts and some thought in deployment sequencing, it can be effective. Big improvement with the last upgrade.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#19 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:04 am

The Rebel heroes are usable at lower levels, but worthless at L10/Prestige. My Prestige bases uses only the eATTE, Kessen, and the spider. The eATTE is, of course, a copy of an Imp unit, and the other two are available to both factions. My suggested improvements (most mentioned already in the thread):
Give Luke a skin.
Remove the trap preference from Han
Increase the frequency of Falcon deployments for Chewie (and buff him a bit)
Make Leia a generalist.

Evermoore

Post#20 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:18 pm

Luke should get a force-ghost buff. Pair him up with glowy Obi-wan... or we should get dagobah Luke complete with a Yoda in his backback. :lol:

Return to “General Discussions”