Ideas to Fix or Balance Rebel Faction Hero’s

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Spock
Grand Admiral

Ideas to Fix or Balance Rebel Faction Hero’s

Post#1 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:12 pm

It’s no secret rebels really have terrible heroes and skins for them when compared to the empire.
But how to fix them in a logical manner?

Luke needs a skin similar to Vader. So what additional units could Luke bring into battle?
I could see heavies and soldiers in the early stages (maybe with a medic) then eventually at lvl10 a low level jug just like the Vader skin.

Han Solo needs a buff like the death trooper. But you cant have 3 Han Solos running around. So any ideas?
Maybe a couple Wookiee’s?

I hope to see a few cool ideas and hope even more that the devs will see this thread and give it some consideration.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title - Capitalized

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with Almost 1,500 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Re: Ideas to fix or balance rebel hero’s

Post#2 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:35 pm

Spock wrote:It’s no secret rebels really have terrible heroes and skins for them when compared to the empire.
But how to fix them in a logical manner?

Luke needs a skin similar to Vader. So what additional units could Luke bring into battle?
I could see heavies and soldiers in the early stages (maybe with a medic) then eventually at lvl10 a low level jug just like the Vader skin.

Han Solo needs a buff like the death trooper. But you cant have 3 Han Solos running around. So any ideas?
Maybe a couple Wookiee’s?

I hope to see a few cool ideas and hope even more that the devs will see this thread and give it some consideration.

I always thought that Chewie should not have been included as a standalone hero. He could have then been added later to be summoned by Solo. I know that would have left a hole to fill, but Chewie is a sidekick, and that would have been a more natural role for him in this game. Even with the Falcon skin, I don't find myself using him much. I'm still not clear where swc draws the line for characters. I'm assuming there's some roadblock to using Yoda for instance. What about Lando, Ewoks, etc.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#3 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:46 pm

Personally I think the rebel hero’s are better... But if you want change things to make them more the same, just give the rebels the skin for the eATTE and give the death trooper the Han skin (and remove the cloning ability). Han really does not need the clone ability as as he is already the most powerful character in the game.

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#4 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:57 pm

Maybe on Hoth, with the Captain Han buff enabled - but since he turned into a Vanguard he usually gets wiped out pretty quickly by running into lines of fire on other planets - at least when I used him last. I see Vader, MTTs and Jets most often in attacks... and Vader can be on any planet.

To fix things, turn Han back into a Shield Buster and have the Falcon fly in to finish it or nearby turrets off with fireworks.

Give Chewie the ability to summon Wookie Wagons.

Luke needs to summon help of some kind... maybe Red and Gold squads to do strafing runs, or the ghosts of Ben, Yoda and Anakin to distract troops into blasting each other since they wouldn’t be more than ghosts.

I don’t expect to see any of these. If EP IX is a hit, there will be a set of new games around it. If not... EOL when the DVD releases.

Could they really balance the game and have people not lose interest? Last night I think I ran into one of our old squad leaders who bailed out... looks like his Empire base did quite well.

Anyway, like Spock said - what ideas do you have for the heroes?
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L38
Medals: ~59k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:01 pm

Give Leia slightly longer range so her summons protect her like they do for the AT-AT.

Luke's skin modeled after Vader's to summon additional troops.

Han has been pretty hopeless since he started targeting traps. He's fast and low health, so he needs to target in a predictable manner or he simply dies.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

SpaceDandy
Commodore

Post#6 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:52 pm

Leia used to be great on forest planets and the rebel skin active - generated quite the swarm with a medic behind her... but an unintended consequence of the GR is that because of her "infantry" primary targeting as soon as a GR imp troop spawns, she charges into the heart of the base where the barracks are and dies way to soon to be of any use and with negligible rebels spawned. Just turn her into a generalist to avoid suicide runs and the skin is restored to what it was intended to be. Just that would be a plus...
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

DeathStriker

Re: Ideas to Fix or Balance Rebel Faction Hero’s

Post#7 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:41 am

INFO: Rebel Hero Reference

:arrow: To aid in discussion.

Posted for Reference...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:24 am

Luke skin can be made to bring along Ben spririt, which has the power to increase his own damage and health, AND to all surrounding units (like a luggabeast). Luke tends to act alone in the movie, so it would be odd to have a bunch of troops following him to the battle like Vader. Ben will occasionally says “use the force, Luke” during battle :)

Incendiox

Post#9 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:17 am

Wait, how does the Rebel Commando skin directly help Leia? Have I missed something?

DeathStriker

Post#10 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:51 am

Incendiox wrote:Wait, how does the Rebel Commando skin directly help Leia? Have I missed something?

Incendiox - When Leia is wearing Senator Leia Organa Armory Equipment she will "Spawn" Level 5 Rebel Soldiers. By also "Activating" Rebel Command Skin the "spawned" Rebel Soldiers become Rebel Commando's.

:arrow: MORE INFO: Here.

Hope you understand better...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”