How To Be A Good Squad Leader.....and squad member.

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
MachineHead
Captain

Re: Fake squad members??

Post#31 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:44 am

Very well pointed out! This should be archivated "how to be a good squad leader" similar to the "how to be a good squad member" tread ;-) i have passed a lot of worst squads befor i found a good home. Have played for years without learning...
mySquad: closed
myAccounts: MachineHead, Bulldozer, NineInchNails, Ministry, lol

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#32 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:27 am

And an important thing is squad wars, if you have enough HQ 5-6, one or two HQ 7 or HQ 8, consider starting a war - unless you don't want to spoil your squad war history with the possibility of a loss.

Keep your main base out if you're the only 10/Prestige to avoid mismatches and donate during war, and let the noobs have fun. Wars create fellowship and help players act as a team, if your squad wins, all are winners, if you lose, everyone will lose together.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

DarthChoder
Commander

Post#33 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:33 pm

Excellent advice and greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My partner and I have 2 accounts each and have been donating some kick arse units to the new members.
I’m quite actively telling them that we can help them through the “hard times” with more powerful units and to keep chipping away.

I guess time will tell and eventually we will kneed out the less dedicated.

Will use the squad as a training grounds for ourselves and our rookie members.

Thanks again. As always, your input is invaluable.
Player: Darth Choder
Squad: SithLegion
Young but active squad - looking to grow. (Built not bought)
Join us....and feel the power of the dark side.

GAT
Captain

Re: Fake squad members? Or just matchmaking?

Post#34 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:46 pm

Please let me know if you need help I have helped multiple squads. I would name some but I don’t keep up with them after 1-2 weeks

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#35 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:31 pm

DarthChoder wrote:
MachineHead wrote:
DarthChoder wrote:Thanks. Does the auto fill function still work with people with 500+ medals?

doesnt work. my Squad works this way since one year now...i have to delete arround 5 members per week...99% are lv.2-3 and inactive after some days. most couldnt read or write, 80% doesnt find the request button...but it is possible to do a war Squad...check out my Squad on gsow.net...sometimes it is a plus to fill the lowest 5 with Canon fodder..

Lol. Good to know.
We’ve had a few potentials come in already.
Time will tell though. Pleased to have some sort of action though considering there’s been absolutely nothing for the last several months.

Yes, much rather have auto-fill on steroids and flush out the weak candidates than the auto-fill basically inactive for so many months.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

DarthChoder
Commander

Re: Fake squad members? Or just matchmaking?

Post#36 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:36 pm

GAT wrote:Please let me know if you need help I have helped multiple squads. I would name some but I don’t keep up with them after 1-2 weeks

Thanks Gat. Happy to accept any help you have to offer.

Ghostie
Major General

Post#37 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:05 pm

DarthChoder wrote:Thanks for the info guys. Greatly appreciated and helps my understanding.

I’m pretty excited to have the possibility of having my own squad that can potentially go to war.

So will get to work on the “noobs” and see what we can build them up to. Lol.

I am bored as hell right now with the game....I might drop in for a week or 2 and help you with wars if ya need it.....PM me if interested....I got max toyz for donationz and have 2 prestige accounts....best of luck to ya.
Some men aren't looking for any logical solution. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Pepsidoc
Lieutenant

Re: How to be a good squad leader.....

Post#38 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:33 pm

i tend to be more patient with the new players. As stated some are still in story and getting into game. I watch to see if they are active everyday, if they start attacking in PvP, and if building base. If they are requesting. Then kick those that go inactive and restart.

As far as those bored level 6s and 7s.. it’s tough sometimes when chat isn’t that active but they show to war. I realize that different people have different levels of play. Some are heavily invested and like to talk. Some are opposite. I chat with all in squad but realize they don’t chat with each other sometimes, That comes through time though and wars help.

And some leave the game because life, or boredom, or War/grind fatigue and I wish them well and tell them they are always welcome back if they pick the game up again.

We would all love to have active 24/7 chatters about all things SWC. From level 2 until they reach prestige. But realize we have to settle for all in between and just try to help them along the way.

Give it time. Cycle out the guys who don’t play and eventually a squad will form. Have patience and good luck!

GAT
Captain

Post#39 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:26 pm

Doc speaks truth. @darthchoder when someone is inactive for 2+ days let them go and also make sure squad is set at 500+ medals. I might come by tomorrow afternoon when I get out of war

DarthChoder
Commander

Post#40 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:37 pm

Thanks again for the info.

I’m also new to this so I believe I should be patient with the members in my squad as hopefully they will be with me as I learn the ropes.

Will keep an eye on who’s active and inactive and give them the boot if required.
I selected 15 players from the most active and instigated a war and within a few hours we in prepare mode.
I thought it would take longer and wasn’t expecting it so soon.

Will see how this one pans out but thanks for the offers GAT and Ghostie.
Might take you up on the offer for the next war we do.

Return to “General Discussions”