How To Be A Good Squad Leader.....and squad member.

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
TKTB51
Major General

Re: Fake squad members??

Post#21 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:52 pm

medals ... are either meaningless or something that people scream about having too many of.

I have close to 48,000 and ... I don't want to spend time dumping medals ... playing to lose is not how I want to spend my limited time available to play the game.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#22 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:10 pm

GAT wrote:
TKTB51 wrote:each time we've opened the door, we've been flooded with crapo low level junk accounts.

I can't tell if they're just robo generated "stuff" to "fill" your squad, or if they're just people in third world countries farming accounts to try to level them up to sell them.

Either way, they don't help in donations, they don't interact with the other members, and they are worthless in war.

So ... lock the door and kill the younglings.

EDIT: yes, I never go to zero medals, for this precise reason.

Ok TK the reason noobs are not really interacting is because they are doing story mode so they are caught in that and just don’t pay attention to the chat til lvl4 or so

Yes. They need to click on the squad selection bar that is offered to them at the beginning of the storyline, if they want to continue in the game, they need to click anyway to "join" or get "info", and then they can close the tab and back to the storyline. Many, obvious don't knowing what they are doing, click to Join.

And the squads that are offered are usually the top squads or squads with extreme activity at the moment. I yesterday saw Mavericks with 24 members in the top of the Featured List. It's a level 5 squad, but it was boiling with activity.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

DarthChoder
Commander

Post#23 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:45 pm

Thanks for the info guys. Greatly appreciated and helps my understanding.

I’m pretty excited to have the possibility of having my own squad that can potentially go to war.

So will get to work on the “noobs” and see what we can build them up to. Lol.
Player: Darth Choder
Squad: SithLegion
Young but active squad - looking to grow. (Built not bought)
Join us....and feel the power of the dark side.

GAT
Captain

Post#24 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:03 pm

DarthC how often do you play?

DarthChoder
Commander

Post#25 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:08 pm

GAT wrote:DarthC how often do you play?

Every day for about 10 months.
Still have much to learn though.

MachineHead
Captain

Post#26 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:44 pm

DarthChoder wrote:Thanks. Does the auto fill function still work with people with 500+ medals?

doesnt work. my Squad works this way since one year now...i have to delete arround 5 members per week...99% are lv.2-3 and inactive after some days. most couldnt read or write, 80% doesnt find the request button...but it is possible to do a war Squad...check out my Squad on gsow.net...sometimes it is a plus to fill the lowest 5 with Canon fodder..
mySquad: closed
myAccounts: MachineHead, Bulldozer, NineInchNails, Ministry, lol

DarthChoder
Commander

Post#27 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:16 am

MachineHead wrote:
DarthChoder wrote:Thanks. Does the auto fill function still work with people with 500+ medals?

doesnt work. my Squad works this way since one year now...i have to delete arround 5 members per week...99% are lv.2-3 and inactive after some days. most couldnt read or write, 80% doesnt find the request button...but it is possible to do a war Squad...check out my Squad on gsow.net...sometimes it is a plus to fill the lowest 5 with Canon fodder..

Lol. Good to know.
We’ve had a few potentials come in already.
Time will tell though. Pleased to have some sort of action though considering there’s been absolutely nothing for the last several months.

MachineHead
Captain

Post#28 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:23 am

DarthChoder wrote:
MachineHead wrote:

Lol. Good to know.
Time will tell though. Pleased to have some sort of action though considering there’s been absolutely nothing for the last several months.

...and if you think you have found the right guys...they will reach lv 6 or 7 and will lose there fun because of the to Long uprading times...in the end you have to entertain and constantly repeat...i also have used translating Tools for advices in spain and russian...since some month we have 15 good warriors...what also could help is to create additional accounts...i have 5 in total now...this allows me to do outpost managment by myself...the most critical part for winning a war i think...

MachineHead
Captain

Post#29 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:25 am

what also helps a lot is to provide powerful Units the whole day...since i give the smtts it seems they are much more motivated because everything is more easy now...

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#30 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:37 am

MachineHead wrote:
DarthChoder wrote:
MachineHead wrote:doesnt work. my Squad works this way since one year now...i have to delete arround 5 members per week...99% are lv.2-3 and inactive after some days. most couldnt read or write, 80% doesnt find the request button...but it is possible to do a war Squad...check out my Squad on gsow.net...sometimes it is a plus to fill the lowest 5 with Canon fodder..

Lol. Good to know.

...and if you think you have found the right guys...they will reach lv 6 or 7 and will lose there fun because of the to Long uprading times...in the end you have to entertain and constantly repeat...i also have used translating Tools for advices in spain and russian...since some month we have 15 good warriors...what also could help is to create additional accounts...i have 5 in total now...this allows me to do outpost managment by myself...the most critical part for winning a war i think...

Create other accounts to have active bases during war to do attacks against bases and capture OPs if you don't have enough active players to help. I used to do this in the past, one of my last wars as Rebel I was playing with 6 bases, and only 4 members were active to use their attacks. It was a win, but was exhausting, I'm getting too old for this kind of thing. Then, I convinced my best players (3 officers) and also with my 2 main bases we merged with a friend's squad.

Keep your squad as a "Training" squad to get new members, and move your main base and best players to someone else squad to play wars if you guys want to war, let the noobs enjoy the game, build their bases and become interested in the game. Many join at HQ 3 asking for wars, but it's boring say the same thing over and over.

And it's true, most newbies give up when they reach HQ 6 due to long time upgrades, and realize they can't win anymore because they don't have any Armory equipment and need to play for hours every day to get them, but have a life instead of wasting hours per day on a mobile game only for that.

You need to talk and make them understand what's coming (armory, hard play, daily activity), share tips, donate OP units they don't have access, such as mercenaries, undead and other bizarre units, and share replays of your best attacks to make them keen to keep progressing to get these units. If you just leave them there filling space, they get bored and become inactive.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Return to “General Discussions”