How To Be A Good Squad Leader.....and squad member.

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
TKTB51
Major General

Re: Fake squad members??

Post#11 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:32 pm

DarthChoder wrote:Thanks. Does the auto fill function still work with people with 500+ medals?

no, setting it above 0 protects you from the flood
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Quote for Clarity
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

DarthChoder
Commander

Post#12 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:34 pm

Also, we’ve only had 4 members for some time now and have had the medals set to 0 and open to all the whole time.
Why the sudden influx?
Player: Darth Choder
Squad: SithLegion
Young but active squad - looking to grow. (Built not bought)
Join us....and feel the power of the dark side.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#13 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:06 pm

DarthChoder wrote:Also, we’ve only had 4 members for some time now and have had the medals set to 0 and open to all the whole time.
Why the sudden influx?

The way the game offers a squad to a player has been changing from time to time. Until a while ago, it took between 14-19 members for squad to appear on the Featured lists. But sometimes, even with that number, squad wouldn't enter the Featured. Other times, even with 20 members or more, squad would not enter Auto Fill either.

Something has changed, and now the Featured lists are crazy, and nearly full or nearly empty squads are being offered as well.

First, they are not fake or bots, they are real players, but they are noobs trying the game for the first time. They install it, go through the Tutorial, pick a faction, and then the game offers a squad for them to join - even if they're already in a squad.

I saw this yesterday when I was creating some imperial clones, and suddenly my squad was filled with HQs 2 and HQs 3. I only had my 3 bases and 2 clones, and was sent to Featured Lists. So did the Mavericks squad, which had 3 members and 3 of my clones, and they started to join.

Second, have patience. If you want to fill your squad, let the squad open to everyone with zero medals to join and select who fits your squad profile. Ask them to talk, if you get no response, kick. Beginners activate the squad, but you need to keep removing the inactive all the time for more to join. Sometimes it's boring and frustrating, but that's how it works.

If you want to be selective, do what Death Striker said, put in some necessary medals to join and noobs won't bother you anymore, but you'll have to go to the recruitment sections and strive to get the good members you want.

Third, they are not just from Third World countries, most are from Europe, many are from Russia, as it seems that the game is still very popular in these countries and continues to attract new players, even if they have no idea about it.

What bothers me about most games is that as soon as some players get to the top of the food chain, they forget they were noobs one day, so a little respect and patience for other people would be a good way to start a squad. ;)
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

GAT
Captain

Post#14 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:12 pm

I agree with that mkenobi and thx for helping Mavericks if you need I’ll come over to your squad and help out. I got great units for whatever... but I think you got them 10x higher then mine

TKTB51
Major General

Post#15 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:19 pm

Quite a few are actually from third world countries - Russia is a third world country, and we get a lot from SE Asia also ... I have plenty of respect for them, they just don't play consistently enough that it's worth keeping them in a squad.

And they don't speak English, which heavily limits our ability to interact with them.

GAT
Captain

Post#16 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:22 pm

TKTB51 wrote:each time we've opened the door, we've been flooded with crapo low level junk accounts.

I can't tell if they're just robo generated "stuff" to "fill" your squad, or if they're just people in third world countries farming accounts to try to level them up to sell them.

Either way, they don't help in donations, they don't interact with the other members, and they are worthless in war.

So ... lock the door and kill the younglings.

EDIT: yes, I never go to zero medals, for this precise reason.

Ok TK the reason noobs are not really interacting is because they are doing story mode so they are caught in that and just don’t pay attention to the chat til lvl4 or so

TKTB51
Major General

Post#17 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:25 pm

that's likely true, I've forgotten about story mode, it was not that engaging.

GAT
Captain

Post#18 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:33 pm

TKTB51 wrote:that's likely true, I've forgotten about story mode, it was not that engaging.

I agree with that I was more in the playing category not stuck in story mode. I don’t like story mode anyway it’s pretty lame

TKTB51
Major General

Post#19 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:36 pm

I used it here and there to get quick bunches of meth (called 'crystals' in the game, but let's call them what they truly are), and later went back to get 3 stars on the ones I hadn't.

it's a pretty loooong tutorial

GAT
Captain

Post#20 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:40 pm

Yeah I go for quick crystals too. But I don’t care for it really. I got 15,300+ medals and it’s still going up. What really makes people’s hair stand on end is I am lvl6. :)

Return to “General Discussions”