The Mandalorian Series - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Pepsidoc
Commander

Re: The Mandalorian Series - Discussion Topic

Post#71 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:59 am

Ghostie wrote:
Pepsidoc wrote:I agree with you the last couple of episodes were kinda blah. The last episode was pretty good though even though I didn't really dig the Twi'lek with a Harley Quinn personality or the cliché tough guy aka the Hellboy looking dude.

On a side note I am really enjoying Disney+. I had never seen the Clone Wars cartoon until I subscribed and I absolutely love it...probably even more than the Mandalorian. It's also Christmas time which means I get to watch the Home Alone movies which are some of my favorites! Disney+ rocks so far...hope they continue to add new future content so it doesn't become stagnate, but so far so good.

My buddy says I should watch the cartoons, insists I would enjoy rebels. I, out of annoyance I have to watch it to figure out what happens in the movies, always refused, I may revisit that grudge and watch them. Someday soon maybe.

Oh and the bald dude in black with the shoulder gun and the Harley Quinn twilek girl was Bill Burr. He is one of my favorite stand ups. Look him up. His specials are on Netflix.

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#72 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:05 am

I highly recommend Rebels, I haven't made it very far into the series, but it has a strong "feel" of ANH style Star Wars.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Ghostie
Major General

Post#73 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:35 am

Pepsidoc wrote:
Ghostie wrote:
Pepsidoc wrote:I agree with you the last couple of episodes were kinda blah. The last episode was pretty good though even though I didn't really dig the Twi'lek with a Harley Quinn personality or the cliché tough guy aka the Hellboy looking dude.

On a side note I am really enjoying Disney+. I had never seen the Clone Wars cartoon until I subscribed and I absolutely love it...probably even more than the Mandalorian. It's also Christmas time which means I get to watch the Home Alone movies which are some of my favorites! Disney+ rocks so far...hope they continue to add new future content so it doesn't become stagnate, but so far so good.

My buddy says I should watch the cartoons, insists I would enjoy rebels. I, out of annoyance I have to watch it to figure out what happens in the movies, always refused, I may revisit that grudge and watch them. Someday soon maybe.

Oh and the bald dude in black with the shoulder gun and the Harley Quinn twilek girl was Bill Burr. He is one of my favorite stand ups. Look him up. His specials are on Netflix.

You should definitely check out Clone Wars Cartoon it rocks....better than some Star Wars Movies I have seen over the past 5 years of so. :D
Overconfidence is the most dangerous form of carelessness.

RogueTwo
Commodore

Post#74 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:23 pm

Loved the final episode. Longer than most and worth it. Now I have to wait 10 months before the next one.

Oh, thought the beginning was dumb though. Surprise it involved storm troopers on bikes.
JEDIKNIGHTS (Leader) - Rebel bases:
RogueTwo - Prestige
Thing1 - Level /Thing2 - Level 9
Line ID: swcroguetwo

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#75 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:43 pm

Bringing the last two episodes together would result in a great Star Wars movie! Uninterrupted action, breathtaking shootings, sacrifices, fellowship, surprises and humor at the right times.

The Mandalorian looks like the first films of Tarantino and John Woo. I also loved the spaghetti western style and the music completely different from the epic tone of the saga, and more intimate and sober.

And what I liked the most about the last episode:

Din Djarin https://youtu.be/Djh-lWeDQnY
IG11 all scenes!
E-web
Jetpack
Death Watch
Bacta
Darksaber
Baby Yoda burning asses
Incinerator Trooper

I'll miss Kuil. I have spoken.

Can't wait for Season 2! :D
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#76 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:51 pm

wow, we haven't yet started watching, but your post ... makes this a MUST SEE
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Fisherman
Commodore

Post#77 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:11 am

... the 2 bored speeder troopers testing out their blaster accuracy in the desert... :lol:

ForceMel
Major General

Post#78 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:27 pm

Fisherman wrote:... the 2 bored speeder troopers testing out their blaster accuracy in the desert... :lol:

I laughed hard at that one lol. They couldn't hit the thing, and it was three feet away.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

geoman48
Admiral

Post#79 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:26 am

ForceMel wrote:
Fisherman wrote:... the 2 bored speeder troopers testing out their blaster accuracy in the desert... :lol:

I laughed hard at that one lol. They couldn't hit the thing, and it was three feet away.

yes, that was quite comical to me as well :mrgreen:

Ghostie
Major General

Post#80 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:40 pm

Overconfidence is the most dangerous form of carelessness.

Return to “General Discussions”