The Mandalorian Series - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
toname
Commodore

Re: The Mandalorian Series - Discussion Topic

Post#41 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:50 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Pepsidoc wrote:This is set after ROTJ but before TFA. But unknown if before the Jedi academy or after Luke went into hiding.

The Mandalorian Series takes place 5 Years after end of Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi - per info found here - which is BEFORE the Jedi Acadamy (Game Time Frame) which takes place 10 Years after end of Star Wars Episode VI - per info found here (see Opening Crawl info). However, that said, the phrase "Jedi Academy" is non-specific and applies to several "Academy's" per info found here.

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is Legends, not Canon. Have to ignore it for any timeline, especially because the sequel trilogy completely rewrites post-ROTJ events from Legends.

DeathStriker

Post#42 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:58 am

toname wrote:Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is Legends, not Canon. Have to ignore it for any timeline, especially because the sequel trilogy completely rewrites post-ROTJ events from Legends.

toname - I agree. I only included it since Pepsidoc asked the question.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

toname
Commodore

Post#43 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:32 am

DeathStriker wrote:
toname wrote:Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is Legends, not Canon. Have to ignore it for any timeline, especially because the sequel trilogy completely rewrites post-ROTJ events from Legends.

toname - I agree. I only included it since Pepsidoc asked the question.

He was referring to the Jedi Academy where Luke taught Ben Solo in TLJ. Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is completely different and has no bearing on the Canon academy. Bringing it up only confuses the issue for less well-read/played fans.

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#44 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:41 pm

Well episode 3 came out and I have to say it is probably my favourite so far.
A lot of goodies and set up for the rest of the season.

Episode 2 was fun but it felt like it should have been part of episode 1. By itself I didn’t feel it moved the story along much and when it ended we were basically in the same spot as the end of episode 1.

I think putting all 3 of these episodes together would make a nice little movie.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with Almost 1,500 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

FruitBowlMafia
Major General

Post#45 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:51 pm

Spock wrote:Well episode 3 came out and I have to say it is probably my favourite so far.
A lot of goodies and set up for the rest of the season.

Episode 2 was fun but it felt like it should have been part of episode 1. By itself I didn’t feel it moved the story along much and when it ended we were basically in the same spot as the end of episode 1.

I think putting all 3 of these episodes together would make a nice little movie.

I completely agree, it will be nice to watch them all back to back when its over.
Lone_Rebellion

GangstaMick
Lieutenant

Post#46 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:25 pm

Hey Remember how Boba was introduced? He came from a cartoon. Both he and his dad died like cartoons.
Evil will always Triumph because Good is so Dumb.

DeathStriker

Post#47 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:40 am

INTERESTING FINDING:

Star Wars: The Mandalorian Finally Solves Empire Strikes Back Mystery

:arrow: Visit Link to learn more...

Therealharbinger
Commodore

Post#48 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:51 am

DeathStriker wrote:INTERESTING FINDING:

Star Wars: The Mandalorian Finally Solves Empire Strikes Back Mystery

:arrow: Visit Link to learn more...

Have to say. I am so underwhelmed with that.

DeathStriker

Post#49 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:56 am

The Mandalorian Series is dropping lots of "Easter Eggs" in every Episode (3 so far, and counting), so more fascinating and interesting Star Wars "tidbits" to come are seen in our foreseeable future... :lol:

I am happy with the Series so far and can't wait for the next Episode wondering where the "story" will lead next.

Adding to this Topic...

LosVega
Admiral

Post#50 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:13 pm

I just started watching it this week. I honestly did not expect it to be as good as it is so I'm pleasantly surprised. Even though Jon Favreau is the lead producer, I can see where Dave Filoni has added his touch to the series and I definitely intend to view the episodes again to see if I can spot any other easter eggs. The art illustrations in the closing credits are great and would love to have a few of those hanging about if they become available. Too soon to tell where they go with the main character but I like the plot line so far.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Return to “General Discussions”