The Mandalorian Series - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
RogueTwo
Captain

Re: The Mandalorian Series - Discussion Topic

Post#31 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:37 pm

Just caught up on both episodes. Love it so far but, yes, the length is too short. Oh well, Guess I will watch Jack Ryan.
JEDIKNIGHTS (Leader) - Rebel bases:
RogueTwo - Prestige
Thing1 - Level 9
Thing2 - Level 9

Euph
Admiral

Post#32 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:29 am

After all the disastrous movies I have to be careful not to rate this too highly by comparison, but so far I'm enjoying what I'm seeing. It restores some faith that Star Wars can still be good.

I'm positive that rise of skywalker will make me want to initiate self-destruct, but at least I've got Mando to talk me out of it.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#33 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:23 am

The Episode 2 is too short, only 30 min length! I wanted more.

"I can't abide those Jawas. Disgusting creatures."

He should have disintegrated them all. I predict something big to happen in the next episodes.

And why we don't have the sandcrawler too? It would work as a skin for the Jug, after destroy the shields, it starts rolling over the enemy base, and like the new vehicles, it also deploys units, and a bunch of Jawas come out and fire on enemy troops, turrets or buildings. :lol:

And don't forget, Clone Wars will be back on February for Season 7! :D
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

DeathStriker

Post#34 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:02 am

mkenobi wrote:And don't forget, Clone Wars will be back on February for Season 7! :D

YES!

The animated Series Star Wars: The Clone Wars will return with 12 new episodes, for their FINAL SEASON, to be released on Disney+ in February 2020.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

RylosAlchiban
Captain

Post#35 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:28 pm

Absolutely Love the Mandalorian. Now this is STAR WARS! Blurrgs, Kubaz, Tessk, Jawas, Trandoshans, Stormtroopers and more. Welcome back old friends.

Would really like to see the musical score go nuts and keep going with that "STAR WARS" meets "The Man with No Name" vibe they have going. :D

I Have Spoken.
Star Wars Episode IX - Operation Humpty Dumpty

geoman48
Admiral

Post#36 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:07 pm

My wife got me Disney+ for my birthday and I thought it was a waste of $13 a month until reading this thread. I'll watch the first couple of episodes before determining if the $13 a month is worth it!

Therealharbinger
Commodore

Post#37 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:37 am

Spoiler alert.

But whatever.

Anyone expecting the remaining imps to be turning that baby into the next Sith lord? God I hope it turns evil.

Pepsidoc
Lieutenant

Post#38 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:54 am

Really wish Disney + was like Netflix and released all at once now that we have gotten spoiled with marathoning shows.

This is set after ROTJ but before TFA. But unknown if before the Jedi academy or after Luke went into hiding.

Wonder where baby (Removed for spoiler) dude is during the new movies. Could it be he makes an appearance in the last film in some way?

DeathStriker

Post#39 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:14 am

Pepsidoc wrote:Really wish Disney + was like Netflix and released all at once now that we have gotten spoiled with marathoning shows.

Disney Plus wants to get and keep Customers so that is the most likely reason for how the Series is being released. If they released it all at once then People would simply sign-up for the "free month" and graze then cancel.

Pepsidoc wrote:This is set after ROTJ but before TFA. But unknown if before the Jedi academy or after Luke went into hiding.

The Mandalorian Series takes place 5 Years after end of Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi - per info found here - which is BEFORE the Jedi Acadamy (Game Time Frame) which takes place 10 Years after end of Star Wars Episode VI - per info found here (see Opening Crawl info). However, that said, the phrase "Jedi Academy" is non-specific and applies to several "Academy's" per info found here.

:arrow: Since Luke went into hiding AFTER he tried to kill Kylo Ren (Ben Solo), and Ben Solo was Born 5 ABY, just after events in Episode VI - per info found here - it is clear that The Mandalorian Series takes place BEFORE Luke when into hiding.

Pepsidoc wrote:Wonder where baby Yoda (species) baby is during the new movies. Could it be he makes an appearance in the last film in some way?

Much is unknown about the introduction of the "Baby" which is clearly a "younger" (50 year old) version of the same Species as Yoda which was "born" or "hatched" approximately 45 BBY which is 13 years before the events of Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace.

:arrow: I don't think that "character" will appear in Episode IX since we barely know anything about it, like what is its "Name" (or does it have a Name), or what "Knowledge" of the Force does it possess (how much is inherited genetically and how much is "taught"). This and the fact that up to now we have extremely little knowledge of Yoda's species leads me to believe that IF this new un-named "Character" was to appear in a Star Wars Movie it will be AFTER Episode IX when and if they are ever created as there are no Star Wars films currently projected after Episode IX.

Adding to this Topic...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Pepsidoc
Lieutenant

Post#40 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:19 am

FB_IMG_1574348829554.jpg

Trying to post a pic/meme... let's see if I got it right. Couldnt find a link

Nice and thanks for the timeline info DS. I can see him being thrown in the background somewhere. I think the series wraps up just about the time the IX is released whic imay also be another reason for spacing it.

Hmm seems the 7th will be available before release and the 8thbon Dec 26.
Schedule here https://www.cnet.com/news/when-is-episo ... sney-plus/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussions”