The Mandalorian Series - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
FruitBowlMafia
Major General

Re: The Mandalorian Series - Discussion Topic

Post#11 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:17 pm

I like it so far, short episodes tho.
Lone_Rebellion

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Therealharbinger wrote:Arrrrr I be a pirate again.

Hahaha same here. Not happy with disneys growing monopoly so I will join you in the bay... 8-)
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Master of PuppetsLikeVader :lol:

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#13 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:55 pm

I really do not understand the commercial policy of some companies. HBO made millions with Game of Thrones, and even though it's the most pirated show of all time - having several episodes leaked weeks before they air - it will still make a lot of money for HBO.

Releasing something that stirs people's minds so much - this is Star Wars - and limiting it to a small group of countries makes no sense when there are so many ways to globalize the release, and make immediate profit. You are only frustrating people and forcing them to look for alternative ways.

Does anyone at Disney really believe that people will wait until March, or that me and my South American neighbors will wait until November 2020, or who knows when? I am going to watch the first Episode now and I didn't have to wait long for someone to make subtitles available in my language.

Now it's make some popcorn and send everyone at Disney to -- you already know where.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Harshit
Admiral

Post#14 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:58 pm

It's not available in my country yet. Don't know for how much long will have to wait. :cry:
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

DeathStriker

Post#15 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:16 pm

The Mandelorian First Episode - Review (No Spoilers)

AWESOME!! :D

From the intial Cantina / Bar Scene on a unhamed Ice Planet to the ending fire fight on a Planet which could be Erkit (maybe) to the final Surprise Ending (I won't spoil it) this new Star Wars Series is off to a great start.

:arrow: I loved the inclusion of elements in the show which will be familiar to those whom know the first 3 Movies (Episodes 4 - 6) of Star Wars along with some new characters, vehicles, and creatures.

Can't wait for Episode 2 this Friday, and Episode 3 one week later...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:38 pm

Very good, fun and evoking Star Wars from the first scene to the last, even without Jedi or lightsaber duels. Rogue One had been that way, but it didn't matter in the movie, and it won't matter here, as long as it has good action scenes like the one that reminded me of Butch Cassidy, and a lot of references (Easter Eggs) to the Star Wars universe, which we call fan service - something Rogue One also used very well.

I lost count of how many references I noticed, so I looked over that, and found this post. Read if you have ever watched the episode, and see if you have been able to discover them all. This seems like just a small part of the fun, and I hope Favreau and Filoni will untie the knots in the next episodes, because nothing makes much sense yet.

And it's a shame Disney+ is not available in my country because people are talking about George Lucas making a change to the Greedo and Solo scene (again) in A New Hope for the 4k version available on streaming.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

DarthStrutter
Commander

Post#17 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:02 pm

Therealharbinger wrote:Disney are stupid. They aren't launching this in the UK until March... like I am waiting for that... I'll have watched it all long before they get the chance to take my money.

Yea that's not too bright

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#18 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:30 pm

mkenobi wrote:I really do not understand the commercial policy of some companies. HBO made millions with Game of Thrones, and even though it's the most pirated show of all time - having several episodes leaked weeks before they air - it will still make a lot of money for HBO.

Releasing something that stirs people's minds so much - this is Star Wars - and limiting it to a small group of countries makes no sense when there are so many ways to globalize the release, and make immediate profit. You are only frustrating people and forcing them to look for alternative ways.

Does anyone at Disney really believe that people will wait until March, or that me and my South American neighbors will wait until November 2020, or who knows when? I am going to watch the first Episode now and I didn't have to wait long for someone to make subtitles available in my language.

Now it's make some popcorn and send everyone at Disney to -- you already know where.

+1
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Master of PuppetsLikeVader :lol:

Ghostie
Major General

Post#19 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:09 am

The first episode was pretty good. Hopefully it will continue.

Notes and Observations

- Getting froze in carbonite would really...really suck.
- IG-11 was pretty much a bad ass. The bot's massive firepower and targeting capabilities were on full display and were very cool. HEY DEVS how about retooling our IG bot with some of those capabilities...hahaha never happen.
-Saw some cool creatures. Always love the beasties in the Star Wars universe.
- With all the tech in the Star Wars Universe characters still have to occasionally saddle up ….YEEEHAW!
- First episode ended very cool as well. It will be interesting what evolves from this bounty..
Some men aren't looking for any logical solution. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

DeathStriker

Post#20 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:41 am

The Mandalorian Series First Season Timeline

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”