Will The Results Of The MTT Event Change PvP?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Re: Will The Results Of The MTT Event Change PvP?

Post#41 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:29 am

Wish that when medal sandbaggers share their experience, that they also share their medal count, so that I can just ignore them (because their experiences are only applicable to the medal sandbaggers).

Lord
Major General

Post#42 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:41 am

DarkRebel wrote:Wish that when medal sandbaggers share their experience, that they also share their medal count, so that I can just ignore them (because their experiences are only applicable to the medal sandbaggers).

You don't need to waste your own time attacking for UC, let your enemy do that for you freely.
While you can dump your medal at the same time attacking the dev bases for loot.
lt's a game, just for fun, no need to waste to much time or spend money, it's entertainment that's why you play, if not then you just leave.
l always don't understand those who adding glory, chivalry and honor to a fucking game, life is already hard, why abuse yourself when you are running from it and relax?

Josketer
Major General

Post#43 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:48 am

mkenobi wrote:There's also no glory attacking with 24 jets/jumps but people keep doing it, not because they want, but because it's only what they had until now. When more players start to use this unit at the high levels we will see a better picture. But I am happy that now we have an option, and more chances to get the victory against stronger bases.

Obviously there is no glory using only jets / jumpers in an attack.
You have to know how to mix the troops to attack real bases and get the 3 stars. That's something I know how to do, on all the planets.
With 1 single SMTT is enough to combine it with my armies. For now my SMTT is level 5, in a few days I will upgrade it to level 6, I am waiting for the lab to finish upgrading my tie defender to Prestige.
:mrgreen:
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#44 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:40 am

Lord wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:Wish that when medal sandbaggers share their experience, that they also share their medal count, so that I can just ignore them (because their experiences are only applicable to the medal sandbaggers).

You don't need to waste your own time attacking for UC, let your enemy do that for you freely.
While you can dump your medal at the same time attacking the dev bases for loot.
lt's a game, just for fun, no need to waste to much time or spend money, it's entertainment that's why you play, if not then you just leave.
l always don't understand those who adding glory, chivalry and honor to a fucking game, life is already hard, why abuse yourself when you are running from it and relax?

Lucky for you that you still play for fun, but there are players who take this game too seriously, and I really regret the time I took playing that way too, because in the end it's just a game and sooner or later it will go away.

Some take the game as if it was a job, others as if they were required to have all units unlocked/maxed out to win every attack everytime by 3 stars, to get multiple UCs in every conflict every week, or to be on top of the leaderboards every week.

I don't question how others play, and as long as they take care of their business, without condemning anyone else for playing differently than they play, that's fine by me. I'm now playing only for fun, and casually, like every game should be. :D
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#45 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:08 am

I have been doing more testing and this time against Rank 20+ players and I have been finding it to be pretty difficult to get 3-star wins, I even face planted a few times. Yes, I can now attack bases that I would not have dreamed of attacking before MTTs and have a decent chance of getting a 2-star, but they are far from an automatic win. They are certainly not OP or 'no-brainer', certainly not enough that an averaged skill level player such as myself can just build them, spam them and get non-stop automatic 3-star wins.

I am happy with the addition of the MTT and getting it up in levels!! Before this, if I was forced to hit player bases, I would often need to hit Next 100+ times before I could find a base that I could 2 or 3-star and now I can do that within 10 skips! Yeah! BUT I need to be willing to spend 70+ minutes to do that, so not viable for events of conflicts... 1-2 MTTs are an amazing addition to my dev base grinding loadout and they make PvP more do-able! It's a win/win for the average player!

I get the feeling that the players that are complaining about the MTT here are the ultra-elite... and they represent less than 1% of the player base... and perhaps for players as skilled as they are, MTTs make 3-stars wins easy... but then again those players were already capable of 3-starring bases with jets/jumps... where the rest of us were not, and now we are more able to do so.

MTTs are the best thing to happen to the game in a long while!

GAT
Commander

Post#46 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:14 pm

If anyone is complaining about mtts there are either elite players or they are always on the bad side of mtt attacks. Mtts not only help high lvl players but small lvls trying to start out. So in short if you think mtts should be cut out your an idiot. :)

MIAPhilly
Officer

Post#47 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:10 pm

I am being attacked much much more with trains and imp mobiles but they aren't always winning. I changed my burst turrets to rockets and switched around my base. I still get some victories even against many of them at once.

geoman48
Admiral

Post#48 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:55 am

Got my MTTP from Lvl1 to Lvl5 so I see attacking as slightly easier, but since I play mostly with my HQ8 base, I still have to skip an avg. of 5-10 bases per attack to find a base I am confident I can 3 star. My latest 3 star was a Prestige base where the empire player forgot to turn their defensive armory selections on. 3 starring a base with no defenses on is easy, even attacking up 3 levels.

Toydarian
Major General

Post#49 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:09 am

Interesting debate here. Bottom line for me is that modest use of SMTT (mine lvl 6)....I generally use no more than 3...opens up options to take on real buffed burst/GR heavy bases (in pvp) with a reasonable prospect of a win, maybe one or two stars. That cannot be a bad thing. But they do need to be deployed wisely.

All in all, I find myself in complete agreement with @strawman’s post above....anything that encourages more opportunities for more play....and a bit more player satisfaction...for both factions...gotta be good! Especially for us average joes....who like to needle the elite from time to time! Lol!

No worries imps....Choo Choo spam...not on my radar..yet!
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Macca
Squadron Leader

Post#50 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:56 am

Having had the smtts at lvl 3 from first event and now at lvl 7 in my experience they are much more powerful than my previous load out of skinned lvl 10 jets. Very rare do I now use Air support and even rarer SC troops.

HOWEVER I think the layout of the base is the best way to prevent the smtt steamroller. It’s the Dow’s that do most of the damage as you get more and further into the attack. Restricting the time/space that a truck has before it gets to turrets is the best defense imho.
A corner or compact base is an easy 3 star as you can get a wall of Dow’s before they get to any turrets/gr - which will be nearly impossible to stop (I also throw in a couple of medics). BUT a base with turrets in corners and edges destroying the trucks before multiple Dow’s are spawned is a layout iv learnt to stay away from! In this case the jet/jump combination will be far more effective!

As far as PvP goes I think the smtt/mtt has improved the game with a problem that a layout change can prevent 3 star attacks. It gives another offensive and defensive aspect of the game rather than the jet/jump issue.

As far as wars go it’s a big negative as the outposts become irrelevant and more draws will happen.

Just my two cents :lol:

Return to “General Discussions”