Will The Results Of The MTT Event Change PvP?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Ghostie
Major General

Re: What will come after MTT event?

Post#21 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:50 pm

strawman3125 wrote:What a bunch of crybabies!

1. You cry when they don't release new stuff.
when they do release new stuff
2. You cry when the new stuff is so weak that no one uses it
or
3. You cry when the new stuff is strong enough that people start to use it

It sounds like people want to cry no matter what!!!

I for one welcome a change in tactics! This game was getting so stagnant! There hasn't been any real change in tactics since the jet/jump skins were released several years ago.

Adapt of quit!

Besides, you are like chicken little crying that the sky is falling! Oh my, the 12 high level MTT attack with 8 heal ships! It's so OP and with 'no brainer' 3-star wins all the time! Yeah right! I have been attacked by this around 10 times so far and not one attack was able to get the 3-star win that is supposed to be a no-brainer... that's a 100% failure to get that 3rd star! Jumps/jets have a much better 3-star win ratio and they don't take 70 minutes to cook!

They do however break squad wars...

Just curious to what squad/player were the 10 attacks who hit you with high level SMTT? It would appear you were getting hit by players resembling undead troopers because if they had a pulse they would wipe ya. Not criticizing your layout or anything like that, but kinda don't believe your getting hit by heavy hitters in top squads....Post some screen shots and I will STFU....until then I will be waiting...…….
Some men aren't looking for any logical solution. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#22 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:03 am

Ghostie wrote:

or

I for one welcome a change in tactics! This game was getting so stagnant! There hasn't been any real change in tactics since the jet/jump skins were released several years ago.

Adapt of quit!

Besides, you are like chicken little crying that the sky is falling! Oh my, the 12 high level MTT attack with 8 heal ships! It's so OP and with 'no brainer' 3-star wins all the time! Yeah right! I have been attacked by this around 10 times so far and not one attack was able to get the 3-star win that is supposed to be a no-brainer... that's a 100% failure to get that 3rd star! Jumps/jets have a much better 3-star win ratio and they don't take 70 minutes to cook!

Just curious to what squad/player were the 10 attacks who hit you with high level SMTT? It would appear you were getting hit by players resembling undead troopers because if they had a pulse they would wipe ya. Not criticizing your layout or anything like that, but kinda don't believe your getting hit by heavy hitters in top squads....Post some screen shots and I will STFU....until then I will be waiting...…….

I agree with that. You must know how to use them and what to use with them.

My Imperial HQ 11 was attacked by players running 11 Level 10 SMTT (12x11 = 132 UC) twice so far (don't know if was the same dude, didn't get a print, but they didn't get the 3rd star due my layout HD north adjusted to PvP, surrounded by reinforced walls, and Burst/Sonics, and my GR Snipers/Rodians, MHC and Storms Level 9.

The only way to attack my base and advance is deploying units from the south, right or left, what it takes time for slow units, and the last Dowutins and Trains always get stuck shooting walls at the north and can't reach the last buildings behind them.

You can't use only SMTTs against a top/spreaded base, you need Jets/Jumps or any other unit with a fast attack. The best someone got it was 99% using SMTTs with Jets/Jumps and lot of air, but you must know what are you doing -- and the SMTT weren't high levels. You can see the posts of these attacks here at the end, with prints viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24385&start=160#p100089

If SMTT could fire over the walls like TXs, they would be extremely OP and certainly 3 stars any base.

And I think SMTT upgrading to Prestige is a code error, or maybe Disney Devs were going to level up Cantina to Prestige when started to work on this unit, but gave up before they are released.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Spock
Grand Admiral

Re: Will The Results Of The MTT Event Change PvP?

Post#23 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:07 am

It’s like they confused the 2 transports.
We have prestige factories but can only upgrade the itt to lvl 10.
We only have a level 10 cantina but can upgrade the mtt to prestige.
Just seems backward.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with Almost 1,500 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#24 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:17 am

Ghostie wrote:

or

Adapt of quit!

I am not sure why the squad/player names have any relevance given that the entire definition of 'no brainer' means that ANYONE could do it, not just the elite of the elites. My memory is crap so I do not remember their names or squads. I just saw that they spent 3+ hours of cook time to get a lousy 2-star win, laughed hard and moved on! I also don't have replay logs but I will record one if I get attacked by that loadout again.

Given that I have only been attacked by that loadout 10 times since they came out, around 1000 defenses, it might be a while before I am hit by it again. Though if the OPs claims are accurate, it should start happening more frequently now. In the meantime, if someone has some actual proof that they are OP and/or 'no brainer' I would love to see them post it!!!

What would it take to prove that they are OP and/or 'no brainer'? How about showing attack logs and replays of 20 consecutive 3-star wins in a row using the MTT/Heal Ship combo? (Against player bases with skins on, SCs full, not weakling bases, similar rank, etc.) That would prove that they are 'no brainer' and/or OP!

And on the defensive side to prove that they are so OP that they are ruining the game: How about showing something like 10+ 3-star losses to the MTT/Heal Ship combo within a week? (And no 1 or 2 star losses to that combo.) That might prove it...?

Ghostie
Major General

Post#25 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:26 am

strawman3125 wrote:
Ghostie wrote:

or

Adapt of quit!

I am not sure why the squad/player names have any relevance given that the entire definition of 'no brainer' means that ANYONE could do it, not just the elite of the elites. My memory is crap so I do not remember their names or squads. I just saw that they spent 3+ hours of cook time to get a lousy 2-star win, laughed hard and moved on! I also don't have replay logs but I will record one if I get attacked by that loadout again.

Given that I have only been attacked by that loadout 10 times since they came out, around 1000 defenses, it might be a while before I am hit by it again. Though if the OPs claims are accurate, it should start happening more frequently now. In the meantime, if someone has some actual proof that they are OP and/or 'no brainer' I would love to see them post it!!!

What would it take to prove that they are OP and/or 'no brainer'? How about showing attack logs and replays of 20 consecutive 3-star wins in a row using the MTT/Heal Ship combo? (Against player bases with skins on, SCs full, not weakling bases, similar rank, etc.) That would prove that they are 'no brainer' and/or OP!

And on the defensive side to prove that they are so OP that they are ruining the game: How about showing something like 10+ 3-star losses to the MTT/Heal Ship combo within a week? (And no 1 or 2 star losses to that combo.) That might prove it...?

Ok, so I fucked around a bit last night with my new upgrades and YES they are insanely OP. I did brute force attacks mainly (no baiting or sniping SC) and I had very convincing results.....LMAO!
I only did 6 attacks and totally shit the bed on one with poor deployment....but its an easy button.
BTW....not a single base on any planet other than HOTH is safe from mass high level SMTT.....and that's the gospel.
Is it practical hell no ....but anyone with half a brain and the ability to spam T5s can take anybody out.
I can hardly wait to see your pics of these defenses in the future....I have my popcorn ready.... :lol:

Some men aren't looking for any logical solution. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#26 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:36 am

Lol, unless I'm blind, one of those reports says you dropped nine presto mtts. Do you have three squad centers?

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#27 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:36 am

Spock wrote:It’s like they confused the 2 transports.
We have prestige factories but can only upgrade the itt to lvl 10.
We only have a level 10 cantina but can upgrade the mtt to prestige.
Just seems backward.

It seems quite proper to be a Disney Devs job that how much more typical could it be? I believe Zynga is just running all the processes left by them. Which explains the update fail yesterday at the end of the ATST/T2B conflict, the same thing that happened in the first conflict for these units.

And for a unit to be truly powerful, it would have to alter the whole dynamic of the game today, where the defenses simply outweigh the attacks. No game can survive long in such a situation. People want to win all the time, and if they lose more than they win, they give up and will play another game.

The more players have access to these units, and can win bases that they would otherwise lose, the more players will be encouraged to try other combinations and strategies. It is a unit that has come to add, and to allow more players to win more attacks, but isn't the guarantee of 3 star wins all the time.
SWC Windows survivor.

If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Ghostie
Major General

Post#28 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:37 am

mkenobi wrote:
Ghostie wrote:

or

Adapt of quit!

I agree with that. You must know how to use them and what to use with them.

My Imperial HQ 11 was attacked by players running 11 Level 10 SMTT (12x11 = 132 UC) twice so far (don't know if was the same dude, didn't get a print, but they didn't get the 3rd star due my layout HD north adjusted to PvP, surrounded by reinforced walls, and Burst/Sonics, and my GR Snipers/Rodians, MHC and Storms Level 9.

The only way to attack my base and advance is deploying units from the south, right or left, what it takes time for slow units, and the last Dowutins and Trains always get stuck shooting walls at the north and can't reach the last buildings behind them.

You can't use only SMTTs against a top/spreaded base, you need Jets/Jumps or any other unit with a fast attack. The best someone got it was 99% using SMTTs with Jets/Jumps and lot of air, but you must know what are you doing -- and the SMTT weren't high levels. You can see the posts of these attacks here at the end, with prints viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24385&start=160#p100089

If SMTT could fire over the walls like TXs, they would be extremely OP and certainly 3 stars any base.

And I think SMTT upgrading to Prestige is a code error, or maybe Disney Devs were going to level up Cantina to Prestige when started to work on this unit, but gave up before they are released.

Not making an argument that they are ruining the game only that they are OP as HELL.
With basically 3 minute cook times on MTT your gonna see more SMTT/MTT combo beer muscle attacks which is good...the bad is I feel the defensive side of the game will be even more lost. It is a good thing though that attacks will be more diversified with these powerful vehicles cause jumps are so lame....fun times ahead though ...drop the hammer and lets roll with it brother!
Last edited by Ghostie on Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ghostie
Major General

Post#29 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:40 am

Boog wrote:Lol, unless I'm blind, one of those reports says you dropped nine presto mtts. Do you have three squad centers?

I know...lol!

When I went to bed I had a full loadout of SMTT to test out after event. Later that day I upgraded my SMTT and MTT and guess what?....LOL all my pre-loadout SMTT turned to Prestige......Dumb luck I guess.... :D

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#30 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:51 am

Ghostie wrote:Ok, so I fucked around a bit last night with my new upgrades and YES they are insanely OP. I did brute force attacks mainly (no baiting or sniping SC) and I had very convincing results.....LMAO!
I only did 6 attacks and totally shit the bed on one with poor deployment....but its an easy button.
BTW....not a single base on any planet other than HOTH is safe from mass high level SMTT.....and that's the gospel.
Is it practical hell no ....but anyone with half a brain and the ability to spam T5s can take anybody out.
I can hardly wait to see your pics of these defenses in the future....I have my popcorn ready.... :lol:

Wow... That's what I'm saying, if you know what you are doing, and have these beasts at their highest level, you are at the top of chain food, just enjoy. We never know when another OP unit will come up...

And Hoth seems to be the best place to sleep my imperial base once all top rebels start rolling these beasts through the jungles and deserts from now on.
SWC Windows survivor.

Return to “General Discussions”