Is level 9 the perfect level for this game?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
TKTB51
Admiral

Re: Is level 9 the perfect level for this game?

Post#31 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:11 am

Dolphin75 wrote:In support of Level 9 as the place to be, let me offer the following. When this week-long event ends tomorrow, my L9 Rebel base will have unlocked one unit and one elite skin, upgraded five units by at least one level, upgraded two skins by one level, and most of the upgrades were for units I use every day. I never saw a dev base! It truly doesn’t get much better then that for satisfying game play. In contrast, if I’d played one of my maxed out Prestige bases, I would have needed to attack almost twice as much, seen mostly dev bases, and would have been lucky to get a single level upgrade for a skin I never use on attack. Case closed.

+1^100^100
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Quote for Clarity
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

geoman48
Admiral

Post#32 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:50 am

I currently play a HQ8 base (Rebel) mostly. So I'm watching this thread very closely.

I also play 2 Prestige level bases (Rebel). Occasionally I play a HQ9 base and and HQ5 base.

If I upgrade the HQ8 to HQ9, it will be due to the droideka oppressor, and due to unlocking the last planet (I'm a rebel that can't get to the safety of er'kit LOL so I'm stuck on tat).

If I stay on HQ8, it will be because my research center is still researching stuff (biggest bottleneck in the game). I currently have SEVERAL units already maxed in terms of data frags (Kessen, AT-RT, and more), but still only L7 for some key frags like desert soldiers and desert jetpacks. Interestingly, my rebel commandos (green planet skins for regular rebel soldiers) are L8 already with enough data frags to go to L9. Rebel commandos are 2 levels ahead of my regular rebel soldier skins on desert and cold planets. I HD loop almost daily, and I notice that Rebel Commando data frags seem more common than cold/desert skins. We're talking hundreds of data frags here so I doubt its random chance.

Anyway, hope this helps somebody. Probably just me ranting about HQ8 vs. HQ9. :mrgreen:

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#33 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:00 pm

I think level 8 edges out level 9 personally. It boils down to the ease of getting through events. Most of the other stuff is fairly even. Level 9 is also far more sensitive to medal counts, once you get to the 40K range and higher.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#34 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:07 pm

Level 8 was fun (and that was my "lowbie" account, prior to Prestige level coming online) ...

Level 9 was a short sprint to level 10, which is now a longer sprint to P level.

Stay at 8 and have fun, you can take any of the supply outposts during wars, you can attack and clear 9s and some 10s (and some shitty prestige bases), once you go 9, you will want to run all the way to 11.

Which is a LONG grind.

syncpan77
Admiral

Post#35 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:47 pm

It all depends what you play for. For me levels 6, 8, and Prestige are the best and most fun. The others you really don't want to hang out at too long or you'll be at a serious disadvantage once you start piling on medals and base score pts.
OFFICER in "DARKDONATIONS"
LINE ID: syncpan77-MOSTLY A RESTRICTED NO OP WAR SQUAD
Top 15 on GSOW in UCL, always looking for new members

GlockShanty
Captain

Post#36 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:58 pm

Level 8 was the last time that the game was fun for me. Level 9 was OK, but I was starting to get matched against Level 10's in PvP and it was hard going at the time.
Playing since August 2014

geoman48
Admiral

Post#37 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:22 pm

Update: with the closing of the game and likely no new events, I finally went HQ9 today after being at HQ8 for about a year !

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#38 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:13 pm

LOLOLOL

syncpan77
Admiral

Post#39 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:05 pm

I think lv6 was.
OFFICER in "DARKDONATIONS"
LINE ID: syncpan77-MOSTLY A RESTRICTED NO OP WAR SQUAD
Top 15 on GSOW in UCL, always looking for new members

Return to “General Discussions”