Is level 9 the perfect level for this game?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
CoolGuy
Admiral

Re: Is level 9 the perfect level for this game?

Post#11 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:58 pm

I've been sitting on HQ7 for a while now with my baby base. I've been enjoying fighting without using jets, but the urge to upgrade is rising.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

TKTB51
Major General

Post#12 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:32 pm

I most enjoyed levels 7 and 8, spending a ton of time camping on Hoth.

Been spending most of P level on Tat, which is fine, but Hoth was fun.

EDIT: my time on Hoth as 7/8 was pre-Prestige level. Level 9 might be the "new Level 8".
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

DarthYonir
Officer

Post#13 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:38 am

Just be careful, if you upgrade your level 9 base too much, you will end up with level 10 and Prestige bases in matchups sometimes. The real advantage for me being prestige is wars. Warfighting is important to a lot of us and those extra levels make a difference.

Booshidi
Lieutenant

Post#14 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:02 pm

I’m already getting those in matchups at level 8. Moved to tattooine for this conflict, and nearly every attack to my base is 9 or 10. Things were much more civil on Dandoran...

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#15 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:03 pm

For me, the perfect level is 8, and I have Rebel bases at level 7, 8, 9 and 11, and Imperial bases at level 7 and 11, and I can guarantee that the best base for playing Conflicts and Events is my Rebel HQ 8.

Now, to play Wars, the best base is my HQ 9, for the advantages described above - LAAT/IDT traps, Oppressor, 4 shields, access to 6 planets.

As maxed HQ 9 you will be combined with Prestige almost all the time, while as maxed HQ 8 you will be combined with HQ 9 and weak 10s - of course the level of rivals will depend on the value of your base score and number of medals.

Either way, PvP dies when you get to 10 and get buried at 11. If HQ 8 is boring, go to 9 and stay there because you will still be able to dispute conflicts and advance in events without having to go through nightmares like deploy 412 vehicles, destroy 270 turrets or get 790 EP.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:02 am

For me, there is no perfect level.
You stay at a level to improve your base defense (turrets, shields) and level up key attack troops and then upgrade to the next (only) when you are ready.
They key thing is play at your own pace, in term of skill development. i.e Skill development should match base development. Don’t level up too fast, or stay too long at a particular level. If you feel that you can pretty much beat most opponents at your level, both offense and defense, then you should move up to the next level to keep the game interesting.

GAT
Commander

Post#17 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:51 pm

Lvl5 is the best lvl for small unit frags. I am not sure about lvl8 or 9 being the best but I’ll take you guys word for it. Don’t try to collect frags after lvl9 you won’t ever get it done

BenGelu
Lieutenant

Post#18 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:46 pm

I turned HQ9 two weeks ago and I can feel the biggest difference in much better defence capabilities with 4th shield and +7armory capacity. at HQ7 and HQ8 I suffered a lot of defence losses unfortunatelly.
REBELRESISTANCE

DarthStrutter
Commander

Post#19 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:53 pm

Personally I'm liking my lvl 5 mini, no armory. Want to UG to lvl 7 but if i don't biy the armory i bet i still get mm with armory rebels so i might stay at lvl 5 for a while. Still UG to lvl 5 but considering staying at lvl 5

DarthStrutter
Commander

Post#20 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:55 pm

BenGelu wrote:I turned HQ9 two weeks ago and I can feel the biggest difference in much better defence capabilities with 4th shield and +7armory capacity. at HQ7 and HQ8 I suffered a lot of defence losses unfortunatelly.

I lost a ton of defenses lvl 9 as well but i was getting hit my fully maxed lvl 10 players so i quickly UG to 10

Return to “General Discussions”