Droideka Oppressor...

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Therealharbinger
Commodore

Droideka Oppressor...

Post#1 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:13 am

Is it me or this thing a load of crap?

Left it at level 15 for almost a year as it just didnt do anything good on attacks bar get the droid hut and was always getting twatted by Ywing bombers at the end of the battle. Defences was as useful as a dick flavoured lollipop.

Now its level 30 after back to back grinding and its still just as bad.

Is there any point in bothering with it? The sentinel is so much better.

Zach
Commodore

Re: Droideka Oppressor...

Post#2 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:29 am

I only maxed my recently. It’s great for no op wars. I like it’s range. His twin bro goes for suicide runs when any troops show up lol.
I think after lv40 it’s a mass improvement

Harshit
Admiral

Post#3 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:29 am

Therealharbinger wrote:Is it me or this thing a load of crap?

Left it at level 15 for almost a year as it just didnt do anything good on attacks bar get the droid hut and was always getting twatted by Ywing bombers at the end of the battle. Defences was as useful as a dick flavoured lollipop.

Oppressor is much more useful and dies much less in the attacks, the main reason is its range and it can shoot over the walls unlike sentinel.

The other main thing is sentinel has target preference more for infantry or vehicles over buildings, so if there's any unit in the map, it will go and rush towards its target, most of the time resulting in its death. But oppressor doesn't have any of these preferences and has equal priorities on everything.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#4 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:52 am

Oppressor is way more useful than the Sentinel with its suicidal tendencies. Both maxed since about 6 months and Oppressor often saves the day both in wars and in PvP. Sentinel becomes only really useful after all defending units are down.
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:51 am

They are fairly useless on defense in pvp, but I do love my oppressor on offense.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:58 am

Harshit wrote:
Therealharbinger wrote:Is it me or this thing a load of crap?

Oppressor is much more useful and dies much less in the attacks, the main reason is its range and it can shoot over the walls unlike sentinel.

The other main thing is sentinel has target preference more for infantry or vehicles over buildings, so if there's any unit in the map, it will go and rush towards its target, most of the time resulting in its death. But oppressor doesn't have any of these preferences and has equal priorities on everything.

I loved to use my Dekas in the pre-Armory era on Windows, especially in Wars while holding Hoth OPs... Never got them above Level 20 due to CB was too sparse at that time.

Today, Dekas are 50 for my two Prestige and they suck. I don't even bother in trying to protect both moving them to the bottom of my bases during my HD tour. I just keep them at the base border to see how long they last.

And while Deka goes to suicide in the first HD, Oppressor stays behind walls dropping balls of fire on everything and most of the times survives the 6 planets in a row!

But for PvP iy is almost useless while it takes an age to destroy a single building. Same for the Deka that runs to hit the last building and rolls over traps to get destroyed at the end... :lol:
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:27 am

Oh boy, I love my Oppressor when attacking real bases with GR snipers.
It is one of the most important units on offense against real bases with flashing barracks. Yeah, it’s not needed against dev bases though, that’s for sure.

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:34 am

The Oppressor has been key to my attack since I onlocked it. The simple fact it baits Dekka/Togs etc and doesn't rush ahead of the units is perfect. You can easily link it with a Lugga and it's pace works well with vehicles... wow the list can just go on and on...

Plus it looks fucking cool. The day I maxed that bad boy (before these mega conta bases) was a great day :)
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 165,050 medals. Killing rebels since 2014!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:45 am

The oppressor is awesome at protecting the EATAT/ATACT from gr troops, and is also killer against burst farms. It is also really good with Kessen. A lot of the Kessen experts that attack me deploy it first as gr bait, and then deploy Kessen to take a shot at the SC.

TKTB51
Commodore

Post#10 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:45 pm

they are useful in PvP to hit that last unit on the border of the base that you don't have time for the other troops to get there to kill.

and I also think they look boss, so my pair of 50s are waiting for you to attack.

I never kept them reset, until my base hit Prestige, now I have plenty of free droid time to keep them reset for defenses, but usually don't have them for attacks.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Return to “General Discussions”