Dev bases have always been the problem

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
bob1084
Commodore

Dev bases have always been the problem

Post#1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:33 am

I know this seems controversial but hear me out and I think you will see some portion of the light on this issue.

The advent of the armory changed this game (obviously from free to play to pay to play, be it with actual money or endlessly grinding for frags) we all know this, HOWEVER, what isn’t talked about is the fact that dev bases (up to prestige level) are idiotically easy. They are horrid war bases but you can use skins against them. What makes me laugh is all the moaning when dev bases leave. Imperial players rightfully complaining about CNFO and rebs doing the same. I have been as consistent as anyone that dev bases should NEVER have been set up the way they were. For so long imps were allowed to hit mind numbing bases and rack up UC completely on the back of hitting bases that provide zero challenge whatsoever. Laughably I have seen many people say that prestige dev bases are “hard.”

That my friends is the real root of this whole problem in this game. For literally years imps are allowed to skate by on 4 planets where dev bases are readily available to be hit, racking up frags in the process. Never once seeing the actual side of the game that caused so many to quit.

The ONLY solution that feasibly makes sense is fully developed dev bases, with turret skins, with GR, with sc troops that 100% refill after every hit. If you are prestige, you face only player or dev bases that are prestige with a fully set up base. There is not one single thing in this game that makes sense if that isn’t the starting point.

Laughably, the response from imps on here will be: “that will kill the game,” or “that’s not fair”

Back to the IF/THEN, IF this had been the way it was from the start, THEN imps would have stood shoulder to shoulder with rebs saying how idiotic the direction of this game is. Unfortunately, this wasn’t allowed to happen. Imps feasted on crap bases, artificially elevating frag levels, and this has continued for literally years. Topic after topic on how bad the game is, or better yet, and my personal favorite “PLM” topics. (Party like Macro) you all complain about that cesspool squad of 1, but aren’t mature enough to see that if dev bases were fully loaded they die and would have zero chance to continue doing what they are doing. Instead, you want to treat the symptom, never once challenging yourself to think more clearly at the root cause. The root cause has been, is, and will continue to be dev bases. This can’t be argued with any level of intelligence.

Lastly, before someone idiotically reply’s with “but if there is no dev bases cnfo will be all over”

Listen, stupid, I’m not saying delete ANY dev base, I am saying make them fully loadout on defense.

strawman3125
Admiral

Re: Dev bases have always been the problem

Post#2 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:28 pm

The real root of the problem with this game is that decisions were made that favoured profit and money over game play. Pure and simple!

Both factions rely on dev bases to compete in conflicts and events.

PVM bases do not rely on dev bases, they mostly hit player bases that are lower level and super easy so changing dev bases does not affect them.

Dev bases should always have been exactly as powerful as real player bases!

If you make dev bases just as powerful as players bases right now, without making other changes to the game, it will kill the game! No questions! Try completing an event, 80+ 3-star wins, going up against player bases that are just as powerful as you are! Not going to happen for most, if not all players!

Here is what I see needing to happen, in order:
1. Balance attack vs defence strength so that players have an actual chance at getting 3-star wins vs players at equal levels.
2. Change the victory conditions for events and conflicts so that they are in line with the new balance of power between attack and defence.
3. Close off the loopholes in the matching algorithm including sandbagging and medal dumping. (So that all players are facing equally challenging opponents.)
4. Only after all of the above have been done: Turn on armouries and fill SCs for dev bases!

I think that should do it! Everyone should be facing equally challenging opponents and there should not be an easy way to face easier opponents than everyone else.

Brizzle
Commander

Post#3 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:14 pm

Just adding some thoughts:

I remember when dev bases were added as an Imperial player. Right when the cnfo stuff started and the reasoning was that there were more imperials than rebels and we needed targets to hit because we were getting nothing to attack. I will add that at the time, I was a mid level 8 hq and suddenly had to attack full level X bases with maxed dekas. I literally couldn't match anything else on certain planets. Lower hq players have to punch above their weight a lot in this game; the idea of adding fully pimped out prestige dev bases (with live armory perks) gives me pause mainly because how it might impact level 8, 9 and early 10 hq players who might match those bases due to base strength and medal count. That will not be fun. For newer players with new/developing armories even less so. I don't have a solution and the idea the OP stated has merit, but my faith in the developers to deliver or even consider the idea is....not confident.

Therealharbinger
Commodore

Post#4 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:36 am

Some extreme suggestions.

More simply would be to change the scoring mechanism.
As shown.
Like for like HQ = 500 points on 3 star.
Full SC = 100 points and scales accordingly.
Each armory equipment used = 100 points for golds. So up to 1100 points can be had for wiping a proper base and nowt for dev bases.

Resources at this late on in the game is immaterial and not worth the time of day.

Change daily objectives to 5 bronze crates for taking out 200 enemy UC deployed from a SC.

Booshidi
Lieutenant

Post#5 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:46 am

What do the acronyms CNFO and PVM mean?

TKTB51
Major General

Post#6 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:13 pm

Could Not Find Opponent - what the game says sometimes when you're trying to attack.

PVM is really PLM and it's short for "Party Like Macro", a snide way to refer to the PartyLikeVader "squad" (there are many threads on that topic).
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:51 am

I agree with the idea that dev bases should not give massive loot as well as easy and massive gears during conflicts, but the OP is just total bullshit. You can weep and whine all you want about imps controlling four planets (if that's true), but the number of UC slots on rebel controlled planets has always exceeded the number on imp controlled planets. Here is the UC breakdown for this conflict, which is pretty close to normal:

Tatooine 1520
Dando 383
Erkit 188
Yavin 229
Hoth 261
Tako 248

That puts 1708 UC slots on desert planets and 1121 on the other four. It is complete and utter horseshit that this system somehow favors imps over rebels. A rebel can go to Tatooine, win 20 attacks against dev bases, then go camp on Hoth or Dando and get a defensive UC. I don't see how that's unfair to all the rebels out there.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#8 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:01 am

Boog wrote:A rebel can go to Tatooine, win 20 attacks against dev bases, then go camp on Hoth or Dando and get a defensive UC.

That's what I do! :)

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:11 am

Boog wrote:I agree with the idea that dev bases should not give massive loot as well as easy and massive gears during conflicts, but the OP is just total bullshit.

+ 1000

This post should be deleted. The proposal is so stupid that it doesn't even deserve my comment.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Harshit
Admiral

Post#10 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:46 am

strawman3125 wrote:The real root of the problem with this game is that decisions were made that favoured profit and money over game play. Pure and simple!

You just said the entire problem with the game at once, the game has enough players to keep the game going and also players CAN deal with armory problems along with matchmaking but the money greed is the main root cause why we are in this stage of the game. ;)
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Return to “General Discussions”