Max Loot Dev Bases Are Back! Is This Good or Bad?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
BusuBoots
Commodore

Re: Max Loot Dev Bases Are Back! Is This Good or Bad?

Post#31 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:00 am

Well this has really highlighted the defense imbalance.... I bet there are a few folks now that aren't getting as many defense wins now that the fat cow bases are back. Gotta get out there and shoot down some of those cows to get your uc now! Although I did get about 4k gears on tat.... Free ride is over there... Defense uc still possible with fat cow bases back?
Spawn Rising is our feeder squad. We need active commanders. Join now!

darthcrossfader
Officer

Post#32 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:07 am

have not read the entire discussion but did read the whole one about the dev bases going. So if this was already mentioned I am not posting it to big up anything.

the last few days with the CNFO, especially on Takodana was very unusual. I remained in UC for at least 24-36 hours without playing or winning any defences. That must have been down to other players getting CNFO all the time and going to other planets?

At one stage I did consider perhaps the change was for the good of the game, as long as not in need of millions to upgrade stuff, but there is nothing more annyoing than skipping one then two and then getting the CNFO notice.

Anyway I am glad the dev bases are back in time for what should prove to be a highly enjoyable event coming up.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#33 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:44 am

BusuBoots wrote:Well this has really highlighted the defense imbalance.... I bet there are a few folks now that aren't getting as many defense wins now that the fat cow bases are back. Gotta get out there and shoot down some of those cows to get your uc now! Although I did get about 4k gears on tat.... Free ride is over there... Defense uc still possible with fat cow bases back?

My HQ 11 Imperial on Tatooine was on 2-3 defenses per day -- no enough loot to attract attackers -- I was around 2.5% in the conflict. After the notice Dev bases were back, and while doing my HD tour, I stop by on Tako, hit 3 Devs and filled my storages, and returned to Tatooine...

I won 7 defenses in a row last night, went from 2.15% to 1.45% -- no one could reach my safehouse (930k) but some get good amount of alloy/credits -- I use storages out of shields and in front of turrets.

But they weren't medal dumpers or looters, as they attacked with full loadout. I believe that without need to attack for the loot, you can change your loadout and attack for fun -- and many still attack for victory, only to enjoy 3 stars a top base.

I don't have this experience as Prestige Rebel as it's a HD layout base, forever camped on Kit and rarely attacked. Perhaps other Rebels can give us their experience about getting UC only through defensive wins camped on greens.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#34 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:50 am

DesertPyramid wrote:I think the matchmaking pools were adjusted a bit as well (not sure if it was intentional or due to more players trying to find Dev Gases and are no longer under protection). Result is I am seeing a bunch more live bases with full GR... and no Dev Bases in my MM pool so far after about an hour of play (~50 skips until the pool looped).

Your mileage may vary.

It's possible but I doubt it.

I think the changes in opposition that you are seeing is more because a lot of players stopped playing due to the CNFO and/or lack of resources. In general with dev bases in the game I see what you are describing during off peak hours but during peak hours when more players are online you get the dev bases. You should start getting more of them as players find out that dev bases are back and start playing again. Certainly when the MTT event starts!

Zach
Commodore

Post#35 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:21 am

mkenobi wrote:
BusuBoots wrote:Well this has really highlighted the defense imbalance.... I bet there are a few folks now that aren't getting as many defense wins now that the fat cow bases are back. Gotta get out there and shoot down some of those cows to get your uc now! Although I did get about 4k gears on tat.... Free ride is over there... Defense uc still possible with fat cow bases back?

My HQ 11 Imperial on Tatooine was on 2-3 defenses per day -- no enough loot to attract attackers -- I was around 2.5% in the conflict. After the notice Dev bases were back, and while doing my HD tour, I stop by on Tako, hit 3 Devs and filled my storages, and returned to Tatooine...

I won 7 defenses in a row last night, went from 2.15% to 1.45% -- no one could reach my safehouse (930k) but some get good amount of alloy/credits -- I use storages out of shields and in front of turrets.

But they weren't medal dumpers or looters, as they attacked with full loadout. I believe that without need to attack for the loot, you can change your loadout and attack for fun -- and many still attack for victory, only to enjoy 3 stars a top base.

I don't have this experience as Prestige Rebel as it's a HD layout base, forever camped on Kit and rarely attacked. Perhaps other Rebels can give us their experience about getting UC only through defensive wins camped on greens.

Well I’m P rebel and have 70 def wins on Hoth. But since dev bases came back was only attacked twice all day. It’s understandable I guess.

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#36 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:34 am

To be brutally honest... without clubbing seals (which is basically a Noobs game) you need Dev bases because there isn't the player base to let us all have opponents of our own matchups... I think everyone agrees they are overloaded with loot... but anything is better than CNFO !!!

So whilst I welcome the reintroduction of these devs... I do now question exactly what I'm playing for... Am I happy to spend my evening hitting bots in the hope that i'll have more frags to make me more powerful and hit more bots? Perhaps... ???!!!

One thing's for sure is that this week of ineptitude on the dev's base has got me and lots of my friends here questioning what exactly we are doing...

Personally speaking I'll be fully maxed at prestige bar resource gens and traps at Xmas... then I'm done. i'll go a bit nuts for this MTT event... but the game isn't the one I know and have loved. I'm here for my squad, the banter, the odd war, and a few chilled evening games... but i'll never invest actual money again... I don't reward failure.

I hope we all still have something fun to do with the game... but whether it's hitting bots, playing defense or just enjoying a few fun games against BIG guys now and then... all I care is now I can turn on and play a game... CNFO is the axis of all evil! :)
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 165,050 medals. Killing rebels since 2014!

Harshit
Admiral

Post#37 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:42 am

Richaldo wrote:To be brutally honest... without clubbing seals (which is basically a Noobs game) you need Dev bases because there isn't the player base to let us all have opponents of our own matchups... I think everyone agrees they are overloaded with loot... but anything is better than CNFO !!!

So whilst I welcome the reintroduction of these devs... I do now question exactly what I'm playing for... Am I happy to spend my evening hitting bots in the hope that i'll have more frags to make me more powerful and hit more bots? Perhaps... ???!!!

One thing's for sure is that this week of ineptitude on the dev's base has got me and lots of my friends here questioning what exactly we are doing...

Personally speaking I'll be fully maxed at prestige bar resource gens and traps at Xmas... then I'm done. i'll go a bit nuts for this MTT event... but the game isn't the one I know and have loved. I'm here for my squad, the banter, the odd war, and a few chilled evening games... but i'll never invest actual money again... I don't reward failure.

I hope we all still have something fun to do with the game... but whether it's hitting bots, playing defense or just enjoying a few fun games against BIG guys now and then... all I care is now I can turn on and play a game... CNFO is the axis of all evil! :)

I have put my HQ to upgrade to lvl 10 for both of my bases and will finish on 22nd, Idk how matchups will be done as I have never been to lvl 10. I think we see more dev bases on lvl 10 right ?
My almost whole reb squad is just thrashing Imp after Imp and not dev but live IMPS and they pretty much attack with only MTTs but they need to give up a lot of time between attacks. Anyways, the next 2 week EP event will be of utmost intrest to players and also possibly playing gambling with those shop crates that only give MTTs.

I will like to see what will be the UC threshold for next weeks, pretty sure much higher than the current.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#38 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:30 am

Harshit wrote:
Richaldo wrote:To be brutally honest... without clubbing seals (which is basically a Noobs game) you need Dev bases because there isn't the player base to let us all have opponents of our own matchups... I think everyone agrees they are overloaded with loot... but anything is better than CNFO !!!

I have put my HQ to upgrade to lvl 10 for both of my bases and will finish on 22nd, Idk how matchups will be done as I have never been to lvl 10. I think we see more dev bases on lvl 10 right ?
My almost whole reb squad is just thrashing Imp after Imp and not dev but live IMPS and they pretty much attack with only MTTs but they need to give up a lot of time between attacks. Anyways, the next 2 week EP event will be of utmost intrest to players and also possibly playing gambling with those shop crates that only give MTTs.

I will like to see what will be the UC threshold for next weeks, pretty sure much higher than the current.

The matchmaking now is so tiny that you are matched with the same rivals over and over. The higher the base score and the more medals you have, the lower your matchmaking gets, and the stronger your rivals will be. Do a few skips to get a reasonable target and you finish attacking Dev bases.

As you are Imperial, on greens, you will find more Dev bases. If you move to Tatooine or Kit, you just need to do some skips and will be matched with the same rivals again and again.

As HQ 8 and HQ 9, I can find from 9s to Prestiges (many times a strong Prestige as my medals are high), what makes everything more fun: I can attack fast for conflict/Events or accept the challenging and attack a strong base. And no Dev bases for both accounts, only Live bases due to still have a great number of rivals available on different levels.

I won't upgrade these bases anymore. HQ 10 is just a step to HQ 11, and HQ 11 is only about attack dev bases since defense is overcoming the attacks on Live bases. And is pure boredom. It's a game deadline.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#39 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:33 am

mkenobi wrote:
Harshit wrote:

The matchmaking now is so tiny that you are matched with the same rivals over and over. The higher the base score and the more medals you have, the lower your matchmaking gets, and the stronger your rivals will be. Do a few skips to get a reasonable target and you finish attacking Dev bases.

As you are Imperial, on greens, you will find more Dev bases. If you move to Tatooine or Kit, you just need to do some skips and will be matched with the same rivals again and again.

As HQ 8 and HQ 9, I can find from 9s to Prestiges (many times a strong Prestige as my medals are high), what makes everything more fun: I can attack fast for conflict/Events or accept the challenging and attack a strong base. And no Dev bases for both accounts, only Live bases due to still have a great number of rivals available on different levels.

I won't upgrade these bases anymore. HQ 10 is just a step to HQ 11, and HQ 11 is only about attack dev bases since defense is overcoming the attacks on Live bases. And is pure boredom. It's a game deadline.

Yup I've left my level 9 second base maxed out for a year now and he's staying there! Been there... Some that! He's happy :)
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 165,050 medals. Killing rebels since 2014!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#40 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:50 am

Therealharbinger wrote:They are back on Hoth. Just in time for my next deka upgrade. Milked it for 300k contraband.

Funny on here though.

Hate clubbing seals
Dont want to fight OP GR bases
Doesnt want fat cat dev bases....

Devs give up.

This.

I suspect the last two weeks were an experiment by the Devs.

Their in-game analytics must show that 90+% of players are only attacking Dev bases these days. The PvP element of the game is therefore dying.

What could they do to address this?

They switched off the Dev bases to see if that would encourage more PvP. And it worked, there was more PvP, although to make that viable they had to widen matchmaking such that baby-seal clubbing happened again.

Other things they've tried include having conflicts on planets other than Tat, including for highly prized units (Ithorians / Kubaz). Without Tat, Dando saw a lot of action for both factions and, as far as I know, there were no dev bases on Dando for anyone that week. This showed that PvP is viable, but the win rate and the attack frequency reduce. But they couldn't do that forever.

Yes, many found their resources reducing over time. Raiding for loot became a thing again. I think that's a great way to encourage PvP. It also offers those with resources the opportunity to test their defences.

They didn't need to switch the dev bases on again to address that, in my view. There's another way to gather resources in this game. Squad War wins.

Many complain about Squad War matchmaking. But there is also a reduced number of squads entering matchmaking. The fewer squads in the mix => the longer it will take for a match => the increased likelihood of a mismatch. Some squads are not Warring much at all now.

Part of the problem here is active commanders staying too long in dying squads. Loyalty is always understandable, but when a squad becomes mostly inactive, the in-game banter goes, the LINE (or other comms app) banter goes, and the game becomes less fun, increasing the likelihood of more people quitting. The solution is to find another squad to War with or to move on to. When commanders don't do that, very often, the whole squad is lost.

I have no criticism for the Devs for experimenting with how to get the game going again.

I have no criticism for the Devs experimenting with these mechanisms for getting the game going again. I'm pretty sure these are the mechanics that are easiest to adjust.

What I think the game needs is an adjustment to the attack/defence balance. Defensive GR and turret buffs are too strong. But I have no doubt that adjusting that is harder to do, and may require more Dev time than is profitable right now. It's a business for them. Why spend £1,000s of man-hours when the financial return for this game is at its current levels.

To the Devs:
Adjustment's I would recommend are:

1) Reduce the loot on dev bases by 80%, to encourage more to attack PvP or War. That is where the fun is in this game.
2) Reduce the gears available on Dev bases by 80-95%. As another has noted above in this thread, if there's a lot more loot AND a lot more gears on Dev bases, then there's no need to hit PvP bases.

(excuse me as I channel my inner Ferengi) Making PvP viable again and increasing War participation - that is where the long term financial future of this game is.

To my fellow Commanders of both factions:
3) What players can do to help is
take a long hard look at the squad they are in. If it's not that active join / merge with another that is and go to WAR.

(I will now channel my inner King Leonidas of Sparta, and ask)

COMMANDERS WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS?

WAR
WAR
WAR
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Return to “General Discussions”