Max Loot Dev Bases Are Back! Is This Good or Bad?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
JCempire
Squadron Leader

Re: Max Loot Dev Bases Are Back! Is This Good or Bad?

Post#21 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:45 am

It's certainly better than the CNFO-nightmare of the past week or so. I wouldn't have minded if their loot was reduced rather significantly, just not by a factor of 20 or something. 5 would have been just fine. It doesn't really bother me though.

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#22 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:34 pm

Josketer wrote:On the contrary, all the players would have had to go to tatooine to fight for the SMTT. In tatooine, there was no CNFO, therefore the prestige players was forced to go there to attack if they wanted to obtain resources or points x the leagues or both things. So, having many prestige players on a single planet, the matchmaking would have avoided finding baby seals for us. Outside of tatooine,only the CNFO would reigns..

Depends on your faction. On Sunday, I was getting CNFO on Tat anywhere from 3 to 10 attempts as a Prestige Rebel. Your .sig says 501st (assuming) from the Empire.

I might play a little more tonight just to see how playable it is now.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~56k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#23 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:57 pm

Yes we don't want CNFO's, but as I've been saying since they started, dev bases have far too much loot. Too much loot makes people lazy and they lose the ability to attack real bases.

The only plus side is that people can now stop clubbing baby seals, which includes my level 7 base.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Post#24 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:22 pm

My opinion remains unchanged since a year ago... the risk versus reward for dev bases needs serious adjusting. Having them provide the best loot and the best conflict/ep points removes most, if not all, of the pvp from a pvp game.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

TKTB51
Commodore

Post#25 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:28 pm

correct, you shouldn't be able to get 2 mm + credit, same alloy, and huge contra w/o needing to really plan the attack, use full air loadout, etc.

the fact that most dev bases just roll over and vomit their resources w/o you using even the full loadout of your transports & SC is just ... wrong.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

XitLiteNtrNite
Major General

Post#26 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:34 pm

CoolGuy wrote:Yes we don't want CNFO's, but as I've been saying since they started, dev bases have far too much loot. Too much loot makes people lazy and they lose the ability to attack real bases.

The only plus side is that people can now stop clubbing baby seals, which includes my level 7 base.

If I want to attack a "real" base, I can hit one in a squad war. PvP is just a way to level up my base to make it stronger for the squad war (at least for me).
In game name: Paper Tiger
Officer in: ThatsNoMoon
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: Paper Tiger#6882

darthdoodie
Major General

Post#27 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:19 pm

disappointing. I had dando and tat UC locked down, but now the devs are back I've already started slipping as all those lazy mofos start attacking dev bases again
However, good timing as a turret upgrade is due in a few hours.

I will never understand the comments regarding dev bases stop ppl attacking real bases. That's a choice you make, want to attack a live base? skip the dev....not hard really

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#28 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:37 pm

darthdoodie wrote:disappointing. I had dando and tat UC locked down, but now the devs are back I've already started slipping as all those lazy mofos start attacking dev bases again
However, good timing as a turret upgrade is due in a few hours.

I will never understand the comments regarding dev bases stop ppl attacking real bases. That's a choice you make, want to attack a live base? skip the dev....not hard really

Yes agree, but If there is CNFO there needs to be dev bases. Just make them harder to attack and remove 90% of the loot.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#29 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:08 pm

I think the matchmaking pools were adjusted a bit as well (not sure if it was intentional or due to more players trying to find Dev Gases and are no longer under protection). Result is I am seeing a bunch more live bases with full GR... and no Dev Bases in my MM pool so far after about an hour of play (~50 skips until the pool looped).

Your mileage may vary.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~56k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Ghostie
Major General

Post#30 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:11 pm

Max Loot Dev Bases Are Back! Is This Good or Bad?

GOOD
-SMTT event will be playable
-Upgrades will be easier. Alloy really got scarce this past week and I don't enjoy having to make 20-30 attacks against rank 4 guys for a Prestige Upgrade.
-The people who get mindless joy attacking for multiple hours against these bases are back in business.....HEY GETTA LIFE!
-CNFO has ended.....Ever play an old Windows conflict on any planet other than Tattoine? .... You were lucky to get 3 attacks an hour, and that my friends is the true definition of insanity/hell.
-Contraband is back....get those dogs upgrading!

BAD
-SMTT conflict will probably hit new highs for UC in which we haven't seen.
-Still no solution for lack of PvP attacks. Unfortunately this game is dead and no player run tournament is gonna fix it. So essentially we are playing for frags and units to use against Dev bases or for wars, but SMTT and MTT are prolly gonna be banned in wars anywho. So what's the use? It's a very vicious cycle... you can bet your ass on that! ADDICTION (reason you still play)-get HELP!
-One faction tends to see more dev bases than the other ....that must suck.
- No adjustment on Loot since they were reactivated....just like the FED when you run out of money just print more and everyone will be happy.

UGLY (nothing more than a rant)
- This game.
- Its time to pull the plug ....from a former eternally optimistic sunshine pumper of all things SWC.
- I think the honorable thing to do as players is to stop playing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.
Some men aren't looking for any logical solution. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Return to “General Discussions”