Max Loot Dev Bases Are Back! Is This Good or Bad?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Re: Max Loot Dev Bases Are Back! Is This Good or Bad?

Post#11 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:34 am

mkenobi wrote:
Richaldo wrote:This week has shown their true colours... their utter contempt for their user base... an entire week of failure...

So big loot dev bases are back right? What about fixing matchmaking, fixing the shitty OP war outposts, introducing new units, making some valuable changes regarding frags, sandbagging... DOING ANYTHING OF USE............

But let's just close the topics and sweep it under the carpet as if it never happened...

What a load of bollocks.

As we (at least most veterans here) imagined, it was temporary, as it was in the past.

There is no way to run a game where the values for upgrades are so high and the manner and amount of resources obtained is not enough, not counting the time spent on that effort, and all will be in vain because the player gave up, was attacked and lost everything it took hours to get.

If the temporary removal of Dev bases was an attempt to adjust matchmaking, it was stupid because it only made things worse when you put HQ 6 in the HQ 10/11 matchmaking and CNFO.

If a programming failed due to the incompetence of the developers, they can't take so long to solve a problem that affects much of the player community, especially when investing money in a game.

And a lot of misinformation in Support, because apparently they had no idea what was going on.

The main thing i'm disappointed with is their responses to our queries, which were detailed in the other threads (now closed). Shambolic...

I do understand the need to consolidate the other threads, but I think their closure was a touch premature and as well as our complaints (and some big rants from me!!!) there is some very valid points in there that should not be disregarded.

They massively failed here... there's not even a dev note on the game.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 165,050 medals. Killing rebels since 2014!

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#12 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:36 am

The positive takeaway that I get from the last two weeks of posts on this forum is that: now that dev bases are back, the single biggest issue (that a minority of players have) with the game is that there is too much loot! That means that now that the dev bases are back, this game is doing really well, right?

LOL Out of all the issues with the game these days, loot is the one that people are most passionate about?

If the devs said they would fix one thing with the game, what would you choose? Dev base loot?

Josketer
Major General

Post#13 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:53 am

What a shame.
I would have liked to see what would have happened with the conflicts x the SMTT. Without the dev bases the players would have to kill each other for get frags x this OP unit,cuz them would have not choice. Except, the wallet warriors,of course.... but they are a few..so, blehhh !! :mrgreen:
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

Lord
Major General

Post#14 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:40 am

Time to change my resource protecting layout back.

DarthLazer
Commodore

Post#15 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:45 am

I don't believe Zynga developers know how to change the code, or loot on dev bases. I don't think they know too much about the code at all. Not happy about the free for all loot coming back. CNFO needed to be stopped yes, but equally so mega loot. Silly Zynga really not showing any true skills as far as creativity and game design. Perhaps they've just been locked out of it all to safe keep the game and keep it running.
Partner of Dark_DyNasty squad and Windows survivor.
Medal count is up there
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Force_Awareness

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:55 am

Josketer wrote:What a shame.
I would have liked to see what would have happened with the conflicts x the SMTT. Without the dev bases the players would have to kill each other for get frags x this OP unit,cuz them would have not choice. Except, the wallet warriors,of course.... but they are a few..so, blehhh !! :mrgreen:

There would be no conflict at some point for high level players, at least there would be no one who could attack anyone! Only CNFO and just a few baby seals to feed hundreds of hungry Prestige.

The player base is too low now at the high levels, imagine if all players still active are online at the same time on 3 planets for the most desired unit in the game. And if they are not online they would be under protection.

And crystals can't buy a target. Wallet warriors would get MTT frags buying crates in the shop anyway. I wonder if they are going to release the Crates full with MTT frags at 500 crystals again, or they will raise to 800-1000 crystals like in the Cantina skins conflicts?
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Therealharbinger
Commodore

Post#17 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:42 am

They are back on Hoth. Just in time for my next deka upgrade. Milked it for 300k contraband.

Funny on here though.

Hate clubbing seals
Dont want to fight OP GR bases
Doesnt want fat cat dev bases....

Devs give up.

ForceMel
Major General

Post#18 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:55 am

I think dev bases are important, but they need to mix it up some. Have poor dev bases that might be a touch easier, medium loot bases that are pretty difficult, and sprinkle in a high loot dev base that's will take some doing to take it down. Make the high loot bases rare enough so that it's a real prize when you come across one.

This thing about making every dev base over the top wealthy has removed an important component of the game, where you have to really fight for, and guard your loot. They need to return to that.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Josketer
Major General

Post#19 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:14 am

mkenobi wrote:

There would be no conflict at some point for high level players, at least there would be no one who could attack anyone! Only CNFO and just a few baby seals to feed hundreds of hungry Prestige.

The player base is too low now at the high levels, imagine if all players still active are online at the same time on 3 planets for the most desired unit in the game. And if they are not online they would be under protection.

And crystals can't buy a target. Wallet warriors would get MTT frags buying crates in the shop anyway. I wonder if they are going to release the Crates full with MTT frags at 500 crystals again, or they will raise to 800-1000 crystals like in the Cantina skins conflicts?

On the contrary, all the players would have had to go to tatooine to fight for the SMTT. In tatooine, there was no CNFO, therefore the prestige players was forced to go there to attack if they wanted to obtain resources or points x the leagues or both things. So, having many prestige players on a single planet, the matchmaking would have avoided finding baby seals for us. Outside of tatooine,only the CNFO would reigns..
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#20 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:59 am

Instead of hitting skip until you got a dev base players were hitting skip until they got an HQ6 base... baby seal clubbing.

If there were no dev bases or baby seals to club, then almost no one would be able to complete the event within a week let alone get bonus crates. Completing this event requires approximately 80 3-star wins and getting a 3-star win against an opponent at your level is very difficult, with 1-star or 2-star wins being average. So the average player would need to get somewhere between 200-600 1-star or 2-star wins within the week just to get to the final milestone. Not many people would be able to do this and many would quit playing entirely.

Hopefully lots of players will get the SMTT unlocked in this event, and get it to high levels and then maybe we can see balance returned to the force, in the form of making it possible to get 3-star wins vs players at equal levels/skills.

Return to “General Discussions”