Max Loot Dev Bases Are Back! Is This Good or Bad?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Zach
Commodore

Max Loot Dev Bases Are Back! Is This Good or Bad?

Post#1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:27 am

Max loot Dev bases are back for both sides. Tbh I don’t like it. I don’t mind dev bases, but they shouldn’t be max loot. 500k each and 20k contra is plenty IMO. I actually enjoyed attacking and been attacked by real players LoL
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title - Capitalized

DeathStriker

Re: Max loot dev bases are back! Is this good or bad?

Post#2 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:41 am

Max Loot Dev Bases Are Back!

:arrow: I can confirm that my HQ 11/P is seeing Max Loot Dev Bases on both Tatooine and Er'Kit and there are reports of Max Loot Dev Bases on other Planets as well! :D

:arrow: Also not seeing any CNFO's :D

And again the "fun" returns...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

strawman3125
Admiral

Re: Max Loot Dev Bases Are Back! Is This Good or Bad?

Post#3 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:45 am

The answer seems obvious: no dev bases kills the game!

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:00 am

This week has shown their true colours... their utter contempt for their user base... an entire week of failure...

So big loot dev bases are back right? What about fixing matchmaking, fixing the shitty OP war outposts, introducing new units, making some valuable changes regarding frags, sandbagging... DOING ANYTHING OF USE............

But let's just close the topics and sweep it under the carpet as if it never happened...

What a load of bollocks.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 165,050 medals. Killing rebels since 2014!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:12 am

Zach wrote:Max loot Dev bases are back for both sides. Tbh I don’t like it. I don’t mind dev bases, but they shouldn’t be max loot. 500k each and 20k contra is plenty IMO. I actually enjoyed attacking and been attacked by real players LoL

Agree.
Dev bases are needed to prevent CNFO, as there aren't enough players on all the planets to satisfy the core active group of players, and to protect the lower level bases from being attacked from higher level opponents.
I do think dev base should have 200K each for alloys and credits and 20K CBs.
If all you want to do is to hit dev bases, then you need to grind harder for the next major upgrade, OR better yet go hunt for the whales to get loots.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:13 am

Zach wrote:Max loot Dev bases are back for both sides. Tbh I don’t like it. I don’t mind dev bases, but they shouldn’t be max loot. 500k each and 20k contra is plenty IMO. I actually enjoyed attacking and been attacked by real players LoL

I'm moving my commentary in the other topic to here.

Yes, if the demise of the Dev bases was any good, it was for me to realize that I'm not as bad attacking as I imagined. But is near impossible get 3 stars over a top live base at the current game status.

Anyway, now Looters can get the resources for Level 11 stuff and dekas/Strix upgrades, and be happy doing just 2-3 attacks per upgrade per week. That's great for casual players.

And grinders will have the easy points (+1000) in conflicts and again dominate the planets where dev bases are most frequent. That's still a problem when some can find these bases and others don't.

And nobody else has to attack the big bases with full GR + buffed/prestige burst/sonics + buffed SC for loot or event/conflict points, just let them alone shining all their gold -- or, yes, you can try your luck, if you want. Play for fun, attack to test your skills.

Dev bases must exist to prevent CNFO and adjust matchmaking to give players targets at their current base score when no live bases are available. No Dev bases killed the game on Windows.

But you need to find a way to give loot and gears in a reasonable amount. We can't have Dev bases with 2.4mi alloy/credits and 300k CB, or giving 1080 gears in conflicts while most life bases rewards 720 gears and are everything many players can find. No one will want attack live bases, and we will get stuck in the same boredom thing.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

DeathStriker

Post#7 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:19 am

Richaldo wrote:So big loot dev bases are back right? What about fixing matchmaking, fixing the shitty OP war outposts, introducing new units, making some valuable changes regarding frags, sandbagging... DOING ANYTHING OF USE............

But let's just close the topics and sweep it under the carpet as if it never happened...

What a load of bollocks.

Richaldo - I agree with you. PvP Matchmaking and Squad War Outposts could stand to be looked at and improved.

New Units, and changes to Frags needed to Upgrade Units would be nice.

AS FOR TOPICS BEING CLOSED - I as Moderator did so since the "Topic" for those closed was no longer valid (i.e. Max Loot Dev Bases are back and CNFO's have been fixed for now), but the concerns raised and expressed in those Topics ARE still valid.

:arrow: This Topic can now house the Max Loot Dev Base "Topic" with addtional comments both Pro and Con.

And the discussion continues...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:21 am

Richaldo wrote:This week has shown their true colours... their utter contempt for their user base... an entire week of failure...

So big loot dev bases are back right? What about fixing matchmaking, fixing the shitty OP war outposts, introducing new units, making some valuable changes regarding frags, sandbagging... DOING ANYTHING OF USE............

What a load of bollocks.

As we (at least most veterans here) imagined, it was temporary, as it was in the past.

There is no way to run a game where the values for upgrades are so high and the manner and amount of resources obtained is not enough, not counting the time spent on that effort, and all will be in vain because the player gave up, was attacked and lost everything it took hours to get.

If the temporary removal of Dev bases was an attempt to adjust matchmaking, it was stupid because it only made things worse when you put HQ 6 in the HQ 10/11 matchmaking and CNFO.

If a programming failed due to the incompetence of the developers, they can't take so long to solve a problem that affects much of the player community, especially when investing money in a game.

And a lot of misinformation in Support, because apparently they had no idea what was going on.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:26 am

What they should do is to increase the production rate for the high level collectors (L>=9). Right now, the collectors do not produce sufficient resources to fund the upgrades at L9 or higher.

Mega loot dev bases should be like Santa presents. They are good, but should only be given away on special occasions and not everyday.

(and btw, agreed with DS in closing all duplicate topics. It was a bit out of control there over the weekend.)

Harshit
Admiral

Post#10 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:30 am

It's good they are back, but someone tell me are they back for lvl 9s ?
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Return to “General Discussions”