At last the end of rich Dev bases.

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthLazer
Commodore

Re: At last the end of rich Dev bases.

Post#11 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:57 am

I'm starting to think they don't even know how to reduce dev loot. Regardless the game will die if they continue with the absence of dev bases... I agree far less loot on them.
Partner of Dark_DyNasty squad and Windows survivor.
Sister Squads, Dark_DyNasty 2 and DDII

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Force_Awareness

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#12 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:19 am

I have contacted support several time this week and their response is always that they will consider my suggestions for future changes to the game... I even asked them point blank if they removed the dev bases on purpose and they gave me the same response.

I don't think that they are even aware that the dev bases are no longer in the game and I do not think that they were removed on purpose. If they were removed on purpose they would simply say that they are working on the matching algorithm to stop people from submitting more tickets about it...

Either way: I would highly suggest that if you do not like the game as it without the dev bases that you submit a support ticket. If they get enough tickets they might actually look into it.

JCempire
Squadron Leader

Post#13 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:08 pm

Sent a ticket as well, this CNFO-sh$t is really no fun at all.

Boreal
Storm Trooper

Post#14 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:26 pm

I liked the rich loot bases. It gave a chance to focus on grinding for data fragments instead of loot. Besides it takes long enough just to build at the top levels now it takes way longer just to get enough to build. The top top bases seem to have high level elite units and the lower to mid range bases have no chance against people with high level elite units. I feel the events and conflicts have generally been better over the last few months but if you are just grinding for loot then I feel it is more difficult to grind for conflicts and events. The best would be easy bases with lots of loot.

BusuBoots
Commodore

Post#15 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:02 pm

I sent in a ticket for the CNFO problem. Hope they fix that and maybe readjust the loot in dev bases.
Spawn Rising is our feeder squad. We need active commanders. Join now!

JCempire
Squadron Leader

Post#16 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:47 am

response from support:
Hi xxx,
Thanks for letting us know about your inability to search for an opponent, while it can normally occur when there are less players that are inactive in a Planet, don't worry as there were a few bugs found and we're testing the fix for it right now. While we're unable to provide a tentative date as to when that'll be released - as it depends on the success rate of the fix. Nevertheless, be assured that we are continuously working on this.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Corrected Quote for Clarity

XitLiteNtrNite
Major General

Post#17 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:03 pm

I'm *so* tired of that form email being returned. They'll also auto-close the issue in a week or two, further showing their lack of commitment in resolving issues raised by the community.
In game name: Paper Tiger
Officer in: ThatsNoMoon
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: Paper Tiger#6882

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#18 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:26 pm

I played through the CNFOs today while watching the football games. Just kept retrying after a few minutes on Tat. Eventually, I started getting very baby seal bases (Rank 3 or less) mixed in with enough full GR Prestige bases.

After about four hours, I realized I would rather attack known Dev Bases (with full, half, or even quarter capacity loot) than keep clubbing baby seal bases that results in driving new players away.

20 of 22 turrets are upgraded. Not sure if I will be in a rush to do the remaining two after today.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L38
Medals: ~60k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/4a

DrPain
Commodore

Post#19 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:30 pm

Boog wrote:They should remove erkit, tako, and yavin from the game. That would help with cnfo. But, creating six planets and diluting the player base was by far the most damaging thing disney did to swc. It was an insane decision that could only be fixed by creating dev bases.

Or just allow people from different planets to attack one another. I also think they ought to get rid of protection altogether. Have a cap on the max amount of loot you can lose in a day and auto refill of def SC and traps (dekas can be accelerated by some sort of crystal amount per day). The problem has always been that the player base isn't large enough to support a large segment being unavailable for attack.

And quite frankly I don't understand how attacking fake bases would be fun. I understand that the game is pressuring players to 3 star every base, but to what end? Tbh, I never had more fun playing the game when getting the 3rd star was rare and well earned.

SpaceDandy
Commodore

Post#20 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:07 pm

DrPain wrote: And quite frankly I don't understand how attacking fake bases would be fun. I understand that the game is pressuring players to 3 star every base, but to what end? Tbh, I never had more fun playing the game when getting the 3rd star was rare and well earned.

To what end? To compete in conflicts (for frags). To compete in events (for frags). When the game introduced frags the entire game dynamic changed. Who attacks during the hours between conflicts and when there is no event? Sure as hell not me. The game rewards certain activity and currently it rewards the quickest way to move up in gears and to race through events and that "what end". Attack PvP for shits and giggles? To challenge myself? I've played that SWC years ago but that ain't this game anymore. The closest I get to that enjoyable experience is Squad Wars and like so many it is the comradery and friendships and teamwork of that part of the game that keeps me playing. Sure I grind when the conflict/event is worth it but that's just to be my best come wartime. That's just how it, at least from my vantage. I don't like it, but that's that.
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Return to “General Discussions”