At last the end of rich Dev bases.

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Chaotic999
Major General

At last the end of rich Dev bases.

Post#1 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Great to see the end of ridiculous rich Dev bases
Now all players are going to have to work for loot by attacking real bases, come visit me on yav my vaults are full lol. PvP is now a thing again, the Devs fixed the game at last. Poor low lvls but fuck em
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

AlaricSkywalker
Captain

Re: At last the end of rich Dev bases.

Post#2 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Chaotic999 wrote:Great to see the end of ridiculous rich Dev bases
Now all players are going to have to work for loot by attacking real bases, come visit me on yav my vaults are full lol. PvP is now a thing again, the Devs fixed the game at last. Poor low lvls but fuck em

Are you mentally retarded?!!!! Those loot bases were the source for us high end players to continue attacking without loosing credits, and being able to keep up with upgrade! Not to mention our only real shot at handling ep missions!

chicohound
Commodore

Post#3 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:14 pm

What a stupid comment.

You couldn't further from the truth. All the high end players will not sit in-game for hours in an attempt to accrue the 6 mil+ credits/alloy required to upgrade our units. This will only lesson the player pool and speed up the demise of the game.

I'm glad my squad does a lot of wars otherwise I would say "bah-bye".

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#4 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:10 pm

He's right to a point. They should have kept the dev bases, but just reduced the ridiculous amount of loot from each battle.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

TKTB51
Commodore

Post#5 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:17 pm

50% would have been fine - instead of nuking 3 of them for a prestige turret, it would have been 6.

w/o the need for air support.

That would have been more than reasonable.

And 50k to 100k contra, 304k was ... very, very, very generous. Appreciated it while it lasted, but ... ridiculous in hindsight.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

JCempire
Squadron Leader

Post#6 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:05 pm

Yeah, really great. I hope we don't lose too many commanders over this total lack of insight into what drives long time players. CNFO is such a great feature! Absolutely thank you for that.

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:30 am

I didn't spend 5+ years of this game creating an awesome squad and developing my game to be one of the best attackers around to hit a bunch of noobs and continually click through CNFO... been there... done that... half my squad aren't playing this week and I'm having the weekend off...

You may not like them (and I agree they have too much loot) but without the Dev bases this game is dead.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 165,050 medals. Killing rebels since 2014!

Harshit
Admiral

Post#8 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:00 am

CoolGuy wrote:He's right to a point. They should have kept the dev bases, but just reduced the ridiculous amount of loot from each battle.

Just don't reduce them back to miserable 2-5 k resources, those are not enough even for lvl 3-4 players. Make it something like 500-600k with some extremely rare dev bases that can have 1 million for some lucky players who have skipped a lot.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:14 am

As someone has noted before, maybe you should change your avatar, it looks like that helmet is strangling your brains and choking your neurons. The only thing I agree is about the Mega Loot Dev bases, but without the Dev bases game is dead with all CNFO and baby seals in the matchmaking of Prestige players.

We could analyze 4 different game situations:

Windows SWC no Dev bases => tiny player base, no loot, CNFO => pull the plug

iOS/Android SWC with 3k Dev bases (pre-Prestige) => high player base, good loot on real players (since those attacking for conflitcts attack Dev bases for points, not loot) = good matchmaking/no CNFO => hapinness.

iOS Android SWC Mega Loot Dev bases => decrease in player base, easy high loot and easy conflict points = no CNFO = PvP dead as everyone only attack Dev bases => boredom.

iOS/Android SWC NO Dev bases => decrease in player base, not enough loot on real players, clubbing baby seals, CNFO on every planet = PvP dead => pull the plug.

ZYNGA: Bring the Dev bases back, reduce their loot/gears in conflicts, amd increase loot/gears on Live bases to encourage PvP. Events are another history.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:52 am

They should remove erkit, tako, and yavin from the game. That would help with cnfo. But, creating six planets and diluting the player base was by far the most damaging thing disney did to swc. It was an insane decision that could only be fixed by creating dev bases.

Return to “General Discussions”