CNFO's and Max Loot Loss - End of Game?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Re: CNFO's and Max Loot Loss - End of Game?

Post#41 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:21 am

Agree with all the above. Literally the only reason I'm still here is my (sadly dwindling) squad for which I rose through the ranks and have lead for over 4 years... a great bunch. We've slowed down massively on war and now all go out on loan to 2-3 of our sister squads... it's still good banter at the weekend but right now it's just a bunch of angry old dudes moaning about CNFO!

I will hang on for a bit.. I've seen this game out through thick and thin, but this time it just seems a bit of a kick in the teeth... literally months with no in-game conflict for me (a savage grinder) to get stuck into and now can't even get a game...

I looted a good 6.5M on friday on Kit for my turret upgrade, just 5 to go now... I can see me maxing out my essential prestige base by xmas... seemed like a natural point to stop... but with this right now.. ... if it doesn't get fixed... I may bring that date forward :(

Have considered going on one last big quest ... maybe join a top 50, go nuts on NOOP... but in all honesty, after 5 years in this team... I can't see that happening...

Let's just hope they sort it out asap... it can't go on like this
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 165,050 medals. Killing rebels since 2014!

GlockShanty
Commander

Post#42 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:01 am

Richaldo wrote:Let's just hope they sort it out asap... it can't go on like this

It just has to go on to August 2020 when Zynga have released their new Star Wars new and they close this one down on the 6th anniversary. Literally, the road map for SWC is;

1) Exploit Episode 9 film release with some new units to get the Wallet Warriors to splurge their cash on.

2) Continue squeezing revenue out of the above into 2020.

3) Release new Star Wars game, try to persuade remaining SWC players to jump ship with lucrative incentives.

4) Continue squeezing revenue with repetitive events and tournaments until August 2020. No new content.

5) Close SWC down in August 2020 on the 6th anniversary of the game.

I keep saying this, because I know it'll be true.
Playing since August 2014

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#43 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:29 am

GlockShanty wrote:
Richaldo wrote:Let's just hope they sort it out asap... it can't go on like this

It just has to go on to August 2020 when Zynga have released their new Star Wars new and they close this one down on the 6th anniversary. Literally, the road map for SWC is;

1) Exploit Episode 9 film release with some new units to get the Wallet Warriors to splurge their cash on.

3) Release new Star Wars game, try to persuade remaining SWC players to jump ship with lucrative incentives.

4) Continue squeezing revenue with repetitive events and tournaments until August 2020. No new content.

Ah while back I may have agreed with the above... but i just don't see the player base, or anything for wallets to get stuck into at the mo... December is a long way off.. let alone August 20!
I played on both android and Windows... the windows closure was rapid and brutal... and was preceeded by CNFO and an angry player base... this is very similar.. We shall see... I just can't see many people hanging on that long at this rate, it's a game after all and one which has stagnated. Hope I'm wrong.!

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#44 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:12 pm

Richaldo wrote:
GlockShanty wrote:

Ah while back I may have agreed with the above... but i just don't see the player base, or anything for wallets to get stuck into at the mo... December is a long way off.. let alone August 20!
I played on both android and Windows... the windows closure was rapid and brutal... and was preceeded by CNFO and an angry player base... this is very similar.. We shall see... I just can't see many people hanging on that long at this rate, it's a game after all and one which has stagnated. Hope I'm wrong.!

This next event will bring them in a bunch of cash as people spend to get more SMTT frags (and WWs/ITTs), assuming they fix the current CNFOs issues so that people can actually complete the event...

After that they will have to bring in something new and exciting (for the movie?) to keep people playing.

BusuBoots
Commodore

Post#45 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:53 pm

Itll be great if the game closes down.... then I can go out and see daylight for once in my life:)
Spawn Rising is our feeder squad. We need active commanders. Join now!

GlockShanty
Commander

Post#46 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:15 pm

Episode 9 is WAY too lucrative of a money-grabbing opportunity for Zynga to pass up, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was dangled like a carrot on a stick as part of the deal with regards to Zynga taking over from Disney. The Mouse will already be making enough money off of Episode 9, they don't need SWC's cash, and what better way to offload a dying game that had become too much of a burden for them? Then Zynga can squeeze some money out of us, then close us down and try to shift us to their new game. Perfect business sense all round.

And it will happen, too. August 2020, if not before. As soon as Episode 9 has died down and their new game is ready, SWC will be in terminal freefall.

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#47 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:21 pm

GlockShanty wrote:Episode 9 is WAY too lucrative of a money-grabbing opportunity for Zynga to pass up, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was dangled like a carrot on a stick as part of the deal with regards to Zynga taking over from Disney. The Mouse will already be making enough money off of Episode 9, they don't need SWC's cash, and what better way to offload a dying game that had become too much of a burden for them? Then Zynga can squeeze some money out of us, then close us down and try to shift us to their new game. Perfect business sense all round.

And it will happen, too. August 2020, if not before. As soon as Episode 9 has died down and their new game is ready, SWC will be in terminal freefall.

This is exactly what I think mate... Rinse us dry over the Xmas period post episode 9 then say bye bye...

GlockShanty
Commander

Post#48 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:26 pm

It's a real shame, as I've been playing since the Day 1 first release on iOS in 2014. I remember hearing about the game months beforehand and marking the release date down, then grabbing it as soon as I could.

We are in the final year, if not the final 8 months, of the game's life.

TKTB51
Commodore

Post#49 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:37 pm

just spent about 90 minutes harvesting the 6.5 mm alloy for my 18th burst turret upgrade

had a large number of (a) baby seals and (b) CNFO on the green planets, so gave up, went to Kit, and had much more success.

It's still do-able, it's not all dead chickens falling from the sky.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#50 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:47 pm

It could make it until the dvd/blue ray/digital release of EP IX... probably not until the special edition.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~56k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Return to “General Discussions”