Medal Dumpers Report - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
CoolGuy
Admiral

Re: Medal Dumpers Report - Discussion Topic

Post#31 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:55 pm

DeathStriker wrote:MEDAL DUMP REPORT - HQ 8 (Max) - Attachment 1

Excellent work DS - explains very clearly the effects of medal dumping for lower level bases. As my HQ8 minibase has no interest in Krayt samples it will be two weeks of medal dumping and Bronzium crate chasing.

I must add that the negative effect of medal dumping is that it becomes very hard to find contraband the lower you go, therefore making it harder to upgrade your Droideka.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

DeathStriker

Post#32 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:11 am

DarkRebel wrote:DS, not sure why you concluded that dumping medals wasn’t effective at Prestige level.

DarkRebel - When I state "IN GENERAL dumping Medals for a Prestige Players is not effective..." I am talking about a HQ 11 that has most Structures built and at Level 10+.

Since the "purpose" of Medal Dumping is to increase the chances of finding Opponents in your "reasonable PvP Matchmaking Range" of your current HQ Level -1 up to current HQ Level +1 (like a HQ 8 finding a range of HQ 7 to HQ 9) once you reach Prestige Level and start upgrading most structures to Prestige Level the effect of dumping Medals becomes less effective as your PvP Matchmaking Pool HQ Range won't change much.

Boog wrote:It is shocking how many prestige bases are out there that are rushed and have weak defenses. And it is equally shocking how many prestige players there are that attack my sandbagged base with few buffed units.

Dropping medals at prestige makes a huuuuge difference.

As Boog stated there is a difference between a Prestige HQ Base with mostly Level 9+ Structures and say a Prestige HQ Base with mostly Level 8 or Lower Structures (AKA *Rushed* HQ 11/Prestige Base).

Maxed out Prestige HQ Bases will see a different PvP Matchmaking Pool than say a Prestige HQ Base with mostly Level 6 or Lower Structures.

CoolGuy wrote:

Excellent work DS - explains very clearly the effects of medal dumping for lower level bases.

CoolGuy - Thanks for the complement. It was my hope by posting my HQ 8 Medal Dumper Report that it would help someone.

:arrow: More discussion about the "effectiveness" of Dumping Medals for HQ 9+ Commanders is warranted and welcome.

Post any more comments below...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Post#33 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:15 am

DS's experience with medal dumping matches my own.

My experience with medal dumping at Prestige level is that it is very effective!

About 9 months ago, my primary Prestige base was at 80K medals with maxed out base score. Matchmaking seemed to be working at that level, which is to say that I was getting players also with maxed out base scores with about the same amount of medals/rank and they all had fairly well designed bases. I could attack and win against those bases BUT it required a troop loadout that takes 1-2+ hours to cook making it impossible to play events or to do well in conflicts. I either had to camp out on a planet with dev bases or be willing to wait the 2+ hours cook times or hit Next for 30+ minutes to find a weaker player base.

It was frustrating!!!

I slowly dropped medals over the course of a few months, to about 10K, and the player bases got easier. The player base scores are, for the most part, still maxed out but their rank (and therefor frags) are lower, their bases are designed a bit sloppier, some of them are even using turrets that are not bursts or sonics! It's still far easier to hit dev bases but if there are no dev bases available, I can still play the game. (Rather than wait 2+ hours to cook for 1 attack or hitting Next for 30+ minutes for every attack... which is not actually playing, it's a complete waste of time.) Instead of needing full air support for every attack I can now attack player bases with, on average, minimal air support, SC, dekkas, etc. enough that I can complete events and participate in conflicts again.

Another benefit of lower medals is that I am actually attacked! At lower medal counts you are attacked far more!

Overall, I am enjoying the game a lot more and playing a lot more!

It's a little sad that you cannot play the primary aspect of the game, Conflicts and Events, while attacking players at you own level! But, the game is designed like that to encourage players to spend money to attack...

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#34 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:16 am

Medal dumping works on all level. It helps to get you easier opponents, on both offense and defense.

For L8-L9 players, this means instead of seeing all P level bases, you can now see L9-10 bases, and occasionally L8 bases.

For Prestige player, this means instead of seeing all tough Prestige bases, mostly maxed and carefully laid out with high level armory equipments, you can now see easer Prestige bases (not all maxed out), lower level armory equipment. In addition, the low medal Prestige bases are visible to lower level attackers, so that you can get many defense wins, by noob players or by lower level players.

It works on all level, and not just L8 - IN GENERAL !!!

DeathStriker

Post#35 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:31 am

strawman3125 wrote:DS's experience with medal dumping matches my own.

My experience with medal dumping at Prestige level is that it is very effective!

{snip}

I slowly dropped medals over the course of a few months, to about 10K, and the player bases got easier. The player base scores are, for the most part, still maxed out but their rank (and therefor frags) are lower, their bases are designed a bit sloppier, some of them are even using turrets that are not bursts or sonics! It's still far easier to hit dev bases but if there are no dev bases available, I can still play the game. (Rather than wait 2+ hours to cook for 1 attack or hitting Next for 30+ minutes for every attack... which is not actually playing, it's a complete waste of time.) Instead of needing full air support for every attack I can now attack player bases with, on average, minimal air support, SC, dekkas, etc. enough that I can complete events and participate in conflicts again.

Another benefit of lower medals is that I am actually attacked! At lower medal counts you are attacked far more!

Overall, I am enjoying the game a lot more and playing a lot more!

DarkRebel wrote:Medal dumping works on all level. It helps to get you easier opponents, on both offense and defense.

{snip}

It works on all level, and not just L8 - IN GENERAL !!!

strawman3125 and DarkRebel - Thanks for your both your responses. :D

:arrow: As I don't plan on doing any Medal Dumping on my HQ 11/P Account it is empirical evidence by Players such as yourself which help fill in any "missing data".

Lets keep the conversation going...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#36 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:47 am

Devs need to revisit match making and remove the significant impact of medals.
Players shouldn't have to dump medals to get a fair match.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#37 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:01 am

CoolGuy wrote:

Excellent work DS - explains very clearly the effects of medal dumping for lower level bases. As my HQ8 minibase has no interest in Krayt samples it will be two weeks of medal dumping and Bronzium crate chasing.

I must add that the negative effect of medal dumping is that it becomes very hard to find contraband the lower you go, therefore making it harder to upgrade your Droideka.

I agree. CB becomes very rare at some point.

I had the same experience DS had with my maxed out Rebel HQ 8 "mkenobi II". The difference is that I never went to +100k medals! Good Sith, how did you survive there? With only +10k, my HQ 8 was already combined with full Prestige! The advantage is that with +10k medals I was able to find those Mega Loot Dev bases of the 15,000 medals image, which helped me upgrade Droideka at the time. I checked both bases on GsoW:

MasterDoom: 2103 BS with 1531 medals
mkenobi II: 2112 BS with 3693 medals

Now, with 3-4k medals my HQ 8 is matched with strong HQ 8, full HQ 9, weak HQ 10 and sandbagging HQ 11, and I still need to skip some bases to find a base that I can easy 3 stars for EP, or try the challenge of attacking a strong HQ 9 base or even a HQ 10/11 sandbagging. This is the best base I have to play SWC today, it can be competitive in conflicts and reach UC anytime I want, and have fast progress in Events. While my two Prestige suck in Events, and HQ 9 only finds Prestige beasts all the time!

Either way, having a maxed out base on HQ 8 and controlling the medals around 4k gives me good rivals for conflict points, from 450 to 620, from what I've been noticing today.

I will start dropping medals for my Rebel HQ 9 (currently 25k) and fighting even more full Prestiges. I want to see what is the impact of upgrading 18 turrets to level 9 with 1 medal, since with 6 turrets Level 1 and 35k medals, this base was already matched with the same full Prestige rivals!
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#38 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:01 am

My presto base has L50 dekas. I never had trouble finding cb, I find dev bases on all six planets that are loaded. Probably half the ones I see are level X, and the presto dev bases are not hard. The amount of cb ranges from 81-270K or so cb. They aren't all 304 K, like I see with my level X base.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#39 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:52 am

Boog, the rare for CB Cool Guy and I are talking is for HQ 8. Once you start finding only weak bases after medal dumping, the amount of bases available with reasonable CB drops too much. For loot 900 CB missions, if my HQ 8 has too low medals, I need to skip a few bases to find a base with enough CB to do the mission in only attack. Upgrade Droideka to its max level (24) at this point is near impossible.

Once medals go above +10k, and HQ 8 enters in the Prestige matchmaking, it can be presented to the Mega Loot Dev bases with 300k CB as I already experienced and DS showed in his print of 15k medals. They helped me to get my deka to Level 24 when this base was +10k medals.

My Rebel HQ 9 with 35k found these Mega Loot Dev bases all the time, they helped to upgrade Deka/Deko to max Level, and now with 25k medals they became rare. But I can find one or another on Tat/Kit and get the 3mi alloy for the last Level 9 turrets upgrades.

Medal dumping also has pro's and con's for HQ 8 and HQ 9. At the same time you get easier rivals, it gets harder to get high gears for conflicts and good loot for upgrades, especially deka/deko upgrades.

Maybe I should try to drop medals for my two Prestige and see if it's really effective ALSO for Prestige, because I always believed not, since you have to deal with a lot of GR anyway. But I am very lazy and I have several bases to care about.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#40 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:08 pm

I’m late joining the discussion, but I admit that I do medal dump to keep my L9 Rebel base at about 10k medals. That seems to be a sweet spot (the base is a full up L8 with about half of structures at L9) for finding Imp bases that are neither too easy or impossibly difficult. I have no intention of medal dumping my Prestige bases (both are maxed out). That would be too much like work.

I do try to limit medal dumping to the start of a conflict on a conflict planet. I suppose I’m hoping that the “victims” of my medal dumping will receive the conflict gears as fair compensation for the unwanted medals.

Return to “General Discussions”