Medal Dumpers Report - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ForceMel
Major General

Re: Medal Dumpers Report - Discussion Topic

Post#11 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:57 pm

My third base is a mini base with 42,500 medals. It is level 9 with four level 4 turrets, and no traps. So, the base score is down, while the medal count is high. The effect is I got matched regularly against a mix of bases from level 8 to maxed out prestige bases. Almost all of them have some type of armory units activated. As for playability, it usually takes about 5 skips to find an attackable base. As for defense, I win some, and I lose some. Probably 65% wins, and 35% losses. I would bet shedding medals to 1000 would increase my defensive wins to 95%, but on offense, I would be matched with bases with no loot.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Luke81
Captain

Post#12 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:38 pm

Interestingly, I have 2 level 11 bases and 1 level 7 bases. Before the rich bases disappeared, my prestige bases were hardly attacked and my smaller base was attacked frequently. In the penultimate conflict, this has changed significantly. My prestige bases are receiving a lot of attacks, something that hadn't been happening for a long time and now my smaller base has lessened the attacks.
Base QG7 has 4,537 medals
Base QG11 has 161,000 medals
Base QG11 has 159,069 medals.

strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Post#13 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:12 pm

Luke81 wrote:Interestingly, I have 2 level 11 bases and 1 level 7 bases. Before the rich bases disappeared, my prestige bases were hardly attacked and my smaller base was attacked frequently. In the penultimate conflict, this has changed significantly. My prestige bases are receiving a lot of attacks, something that hadn't been happening for a long time and now my smaller base has lessened the attacks.

All of my bases are getting attacked a lot more now!

My 2 Imperial account are already in UC on Tat with over 10 defensive wins each.

People eventually get frustrated with the CNFOs and decided to attack a base they normally would not!

Luke81
Captain

Post#14 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:16 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
Luke81 wrote:Interestingly, I have 2 level 11 bases and 1 level 7 bases. Before the rich bases disappeared, my prestige bases were hardly attacked and my smaller base was attacked frequently. In the penultimate conflict, this has changed significantly. My prestige bases are receiving a lot of attacks, something that hadn't been happening for a long time and now my smaller base has lessened the attacks.

All of my bases are getting attacked a lot more now!

My 2 Imperial account are already in UC on Tat with over 10 defensive wins each.

People eventually get frustrated with the CNFOs and decided to attack a base they normally would not!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes

Lord
Major General

Post#15 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:01 am

DeathStriker wrote:BACKGROUND: Due to the declining number of Game Players many have seen an increase in the number of Players whom "dump Medals" by purposly ending PvP Attacks early so as to lose Medals in order to improve their PvP Matchmaking.

:arrow: Everyone should review: INFO: Star Wars Commander Matchmaking System

MY MEDAL DUMP REPORT

After a long time debating the Pros and Cons I finally decided for my HQ 6 Account (my 3rd Account and Leader of Death_Striker Squad) to dump all my Medals down to 1 (you can't have 0 Medals) while at the same time do a Double-Upgrade from HQ 6 to HQ 8.

After considering my HQ 6 Starting Medal Count (see Starting Stats below) and the fact that My HQ 6 was seeing mostly HQ 9 thru HQ 11/Prestige Bases (see Attachment 1 below), it became painfully clear that if I continued to gain Medals it would get harder and harder (if not impossible) to find Bases at or near my current HQ Level of 6 given the current PvP Matchmaking Algorithm.

:arrow: Although, I knew that Upgrading to HQ 8 may not effectively change the levels of HQ's from that which my HQ 6 is currently seeing, it was my hope that my efforts of dumping all Medals would in effect remove the use of "Medals Count" in the ABR Calculation and thereby improve my PvP Matchmaking overall.

How long does ot take for a prestige to drop 10k medals?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Reduced Quote for Brevity

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:25 am

About as long as it takes to read DS's original post, since you quoted the whole thing for us.

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#17 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:57 am

It takes a while to dump medals. You can do it quickly by just dropping one trooper and bailing on the battle - or wait for the 30 second timer and drop none before quitting. Fastest is to drop the trooper and quit... but you still have the overhead of travel to the destination planet/base with the animation. Figure 30-45 seconds per dump, and you have variable medals lost due to MM pairing you with random bases... so you might see an average dump of 18 medals take 35 seconds.... if my math is close it would take about 5.5 hours to dump 10k medals.

Probably not a good way to start of a Conflict or EP quest if you want to make UC or get a lot of stars for the EP.

Between quests/conflicts it might be okay... but there really haven’t been gaps between them lately, at least not during hours I can play.

And that does not take into account any reload delays you see to reload the barracks... which would add another 7-15 seconds on my Android device.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L38
Medals: ~66k Deka/o: 50/50 Jets: 5d/4f/4a

strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Post#18 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:30 pm

Lord wrote:How long does ot take for a prestige to drop 10k medals?

Maybe 6-8 hours of work.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#19 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:19 pm

For me it's about 35 to 40 and 40 to 45 seconds. More or less time will depend on how much the game lags on my devices.

Remember, the more medals you have in the beginning the more you lose. See how many medals you can lose before starting the attack, some rivals will have more medals than you - you will lose fewer medals. Skip them until you find a better value.

Starting with + 8k medals, my HQ 8 can lose up to 28 medals. With + 27k medals my HQ 9 can lose up to 32 medals. With + 8k medals my HQ 6 can lose up to 24 medals.

If you are HQ 8 and below, deploy a deka and save troops, but check the base first for active dekas or you can lead your deka to suicide. Use soldiers/storms as a second option. If you are HQ 9 and above, deploy the Oppressor for safety.

Do not let medals accumulate. But remember when you are attacking in conflicts and need to drop medals the more medals you have, the stronger your rivals will be, and more conflict points (gears) you will receive. Fewer medals directly entail fewer gears per attack because rivals become weaker and weaker as you continue to eliminate medals.

With 8k medals, my HQ 6 wins 370 gears for 3 stars, with 1k medals it earns 300-290 gears. Make sure that dropping medals pays for less gears per attack in conflicts - especially if you can save troops and attack again in less time.

Many start dumping medals after the end of a conflict and before the start of another. Is when my Imperial HQ 11 earns more medals from defensive wins, but the max I can get is 48 medals.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

JCempire
Squadron Leader

Post#20 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:36 pm

I don't see while number of medals is so much of a factor in matchmaking. Wouldn't base strength just make a whole lor more sense? Low medal count Prestige players just can't get matched with high medal count prestige players with the same base strength and therefor it's CNFO all over the place? If you'd rather not start attacking baby seal bases that will eventually make you go broke of course.

Return to “General Discussions”