Player Organized Tournament - Galactic War II

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Re: Player Organized Tournament - Galactic War II

Post#11 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:08 am

Cymraeg wrote:Forgot to add. Any rebels who want to see how so called useless the r2 d2 skin is. Check out youtube Galactic War Maz G Wan My story. Been on the wrong end of these attacks many a time. From looking at the video so have Dark Brigade. Especially the one on Hoff. It's a Killer.

Amazing video and attacker. Much respect.

Are you Maz in game ?

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#12 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:25 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Richaldo wrote:Good luck finding an opponent in this utterly shocking excuse for a game................... Zynga are a shower of shit.

Hmm ... if anything, this (no dev base issue) would help in finding war opponent base easier.

I am having absolutely no problems finding CNFO's base! His base is on all planets all the time! He does not seem to be participating in the Galactic War though...

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#13 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:28 am

strawman3125 wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
Richaldo wrote:Good luck finding an opponent in this utterly shocking excuse for a game................... Zynga are a shower of shit.

Hmm ... if anything, this (no dev base issue) would help in finding war opponent base easier.

I am having absolutely no problems finding CNFO's base! His base is on all planets all the time! He does not seem to be participating in the Galactic War though...

Are you on Sand planet ?
As IMP, go to Sand.
As rebel, go to Green.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#14 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:56 am

DarkRebel wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:Hmm ... if anything, this (no dev base issue) would help in finding war opponent base easier.

Are you on Sand planet ?
As IMP, go to Sand.
As rebel, go to Green.

My primary Imperial account is already in UC on both dessert worlds (due to defensive wins) so I am looking for Rebels on the other 4 worlds to actually attack. I was kind of hoping to be able to attack some player bases while the dev bases are gone, and get some more UCs.

As far as the Galactic War goes, where are the best places to hunt for Imperials and for Rebels? I know I always park my Imperial accounts on Dessert worlds when I am not on and my Rebel accounts on Green worlds. That does not seem to be what a lot of players do though...

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#15 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:10 am

strawman3125 wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:I am having absolutely no problems finding CNFO's base! His base is on all planets all the time! He does not seem to be participating in the Galactic War though...

Are you on Sand planet ?
As IMP, go to Sand.
As rebel, go to Green.

My primary Imperial account is already in UC on both dessert worlds (due to defensive wins) so I am looking for Rebels on the other 4 worlds to actually attack. I was kind of hoping to be able to attack some player bases while the dev bases are gone, and get some more UCs.

As far as the Galactic War goes, where are the best places to hunt for Imperials and for Rebels? I know I always park my Imperial accounts on Dessert worlds when I am not on and my Rebel accounts on Green worlds. That does not seem to be what a lot of players do though...

My previous comment was specific to the CNFO error that you claimed you saw on all planets. I *think* the CNFO error is more likely for rebels on sand planets (Erkit/Tat) or IMPs on green planets (Dan/Tak/Yavin) as the populations of the opposite faction bases are small. If you want to hit real player base, then go to Sand planets as IMP or Green planets as rebels, then chance is that you'll find some good base to hit. Not easy 3 star, but challenging and not needing to club baby seals. Well, whether or not you want to do this is your choice, but at least the option is there if you want to hit real bases.

As far as the tournament is concened, I believe the organizer keeps track of which planet(s) have the most players and I would just check the spreadsheet for the which planet to visit to find the bases of the participants.

Cymraeg
Officer

Post#16 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:13 am

Are you Maz in game ?

Alas no Dark Rebel. After one of his visits. My in game name should be changed to My base is need of a architect or Bulldozed. Just highlighting to the rebs. The r2 d2 skin is by no means useless.

As Bob1084 documented in an excellent post in another thread about the wagons. Such an ugly attack. No skill needed. Been attacked load of times by big squads with level X wagons . Some of them will remain NAMELESS. I just laugh at the attack. Still takes full air and squad centre for the 3*. There's loads of other ways to get it. With much more satisfaction. Even without using jumps.

The content of SWC has been abysmal for a long time. PVP is the only thing that has kept myself from retirement many times.

I salute Vaders Marines and all the Galactic War participants. Tatooine and Kit will probably be where all the rebs are hiding from the green machine. Apologies to the rebs who I attacked by error in the last war. Took a few takes on the 2 wall pegs and droid hut to realise.

See you all on the battlefield.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#17 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:45 am

I was in the last war, it was fun but during the last two weeks I had four shields upgrading, which was brutal (lol). The scoring is great, and I like the restrictions on transports and bonuses for not using air and the SC. I doubt anyone is gonna give a shit about my ideas, but I think it would be cool to add extra bonuses to encourage different attacks.

For instance:
+1 for using no jets/jumpers
+1 for using a turret slicer and winning at least one star
+1 for using a Fathier rider and winning at least one star
+1 for using 8 or more LIN's and winning a star
+1 for using 12 or more ognidae and winning a star

Anyway, that would be the idea, encourage different loadouts and using the newer units. And maybe keep a scoring category for non-jet/jumper useage. It could be fun (and funny).

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#18 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:28 pm

Oh man.....I just hate it when you despair! FFS, you sound like Baron Von Richhofen, when his propeller sheared off! When you are an ace, as you need to behave like an ace....get fuckin jets (engines) on your knackered byplane! Just a bit of engineering! Toydarian can supply with parts...at an inflated price of course!

Go join GW2....we all want to see you there! Well, I do....my imp amigo...fuck knows why....but I do not want ya to loose the plot! There is always another angle...for a bit of fun! Be an imp hero....tis your destiny! Well, maybe....

Best, Toyd!
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#19 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:42 pm

Boog wrote:I was in the last war, it was fun but during the last two weeks I had four shields upgrading, which was brutal (lol). The scoring is great, and I like the restrictions on transports and bonuses for not using air and the SC. I doubt anyone is gonna give a shit about my ideas, but I think it would be cool to add extra bonuses to encourage different attacks.

For instance:
+1 for using no jets/jumpers
+1 for using a turret slicer and winning at least one star
+1 for using a Fathier rider and winning at least one star
+1 for using 8 or more LIN's and winning a star
+1 for using 12 or more ognidae and winning a star

Anyway, that would be the idea, encourage different loadouts and using the newer units. And maybe keep a scoring category for non-jet/jumper useage. It could be fun (and funny).

Well, @Boog, I do give a shit about your ideas. Well proposed! For me, the no armoury attacks in GW1 were so much fun...gave me an appetite for No Op! So good thoughts there bro....
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#20 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:46 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:Are you on Sand planet ?
As IMP, go to Sand.
As rebel, go to Green.

My previous comment was specific to the CNFO error that you claimed you saw on all planets. I *think* the CNFO error is more likely for rebels on sand planets (Erkit/Tat) or IMPs on green planets (Dan/Tak/Yavin) as the populations of the opposite faction bases are small. If you want to hit real player base, then go to Sand planets as IMP or Green planets as rebels, then chance is that you'll find some good base to hit. Not easy 3 star, but challenging and not needing to club baby seals. Well, whether or not you want to do this is your choice, but at least the option is there if you want to hit real bases.

As far as the tournament is concened, I believe the organizer keeps track of which planet(s) have the most players and I would just check the spreadsheet for the which planet to visit to find the bases of the participants.

I was getting CNFOs on all planets with all of my bases. Less on dessert worlds with my Imperials and less on other planets with my Rebels, but still there.

I hope the fix the CNFOs soon!

Return to “General Discussions”