Loss Of Max Loot Dev Bases - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: Loss Of Max Loot Dev Bases - Discussion Topic

Post#111 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:39 am

strawman3125 wrote:
mkenobi wrote:I still need about 3.5mi alloy to start another turret upgrade. Then I kept skipping these baby seals and... CNFO !!! And more CNFO !!!

I think I must go to some green, maybe Yavin, and try to find some big rich Imp bases there. If they call this "fixed" they can go to hell... Idiots.

If you find those rich player bases let me know! I spent an hour+ raiding resources this morning and didn't see any player bases with more than 1M, the average was less than 300K.

Imperial - Move your base to Tatooine, I could find Prestige bases with over 1 million resources while doing my "initial attack" to get into the conflict.

Rebel - Move your base to Yavin, I'm finding good 500k imperial targets and they're not too hard, for that "catch a star, as much loot as possible and leave to save troops" old strategy. :lol:

But hurry up, as the conflict continues, they will be attacked and successively looted or get under protection.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#112 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:59 am

mkenobi wrote:Imperial - Move your base to Tatooine, I could find Prestige bases with over 1 million resources while doing my "initial attack" to get into the conflict.

Lucky you! There were none there for me...

JCempire
Squadron Leader

Post#113 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:17 am

CNFO, CNFO, CNFO, ... I think they're trying to bore us to death. Whatever the goal was, it's not a good way to spark interest in the event, or the game for that matter.

GlockShanty
Commander

Post#114 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:54 am

I wonder how close their next Star Wars game is to release.

Slowly kill this game, thinking we'll jump ship to their new one.....
Playing since August 2014

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#115 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:12 pm

GlockShanty wrote:I wonder how close their next Star Wars game is to release.

Slowly kill this game, thinking we'll jump ship to their new one.....

From what I understand the new game they are working on is a completely different style of play, ie. not a strategy game. RPG/First Person Shooter? I have no real interest in those styles of games.

ForceMel
Major General

Post#116 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:36 pm

Boog wrote:I didn't even use the EATAT until I was a level 7 on Windows because as soon as I unlocked it at level 5, it just stood still and did nothing.

As a rebel, we all knew you guys were dead in the water without the E-ATAT. My base was always above the curve, where only top players would attack me, but it was essentially hopeless if you didn't have your best hero.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

ForceMel
Major General

Post#117 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:37 pm

strawman3125 wrote:I got another response from support! They said:

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by not able to find opponents in the game. The issue where players cannot found an opponent was already fixed. The one you are encountering is just a normal occurrence due to many instances such as:
> Players have their shield up.
> The player is online.
> Less players with the same medal rating you have on your current planet.
> Less players with the other faction on your current planet.

None of the things listed here should cause CNFO. They are just making excuses.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#118 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:59 pm

My sense of the real issue is the match making presenting baby bases to high level players and the lack of loots, both are likely caused by the removal of the mega loots dev clone bases, and not really CNFO.

If you don't skip and really want attack any base, then there are opponent bases out there for you to hit.

But if you skip and skip the tough bases and the baby bases to find a relatively easy base that has lots of loots, then chance is that you'll hit CNFO.

DeathStriker

Post#119 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:05 pm

Better PvP Matchmaking for Upper Level Players on Tatooine

My HQ 11/P Account gave up on Er'Kit which still only provides CNFO with most attempts to Find a Match. Maybe it will improve with time.

:arrow: I did my HD Loop during which I stopped off on Yavin 4 and picked up some good Alloy Loot to start next Prestige Level Turret - Sonic this time.

:arrow: Now my HQ 11/P is on Tatooine and seeing HQ 6 Bases which I can clear with 6 Desert Jets to make some "progress" in current Conflicts even though I really don't need Frags for AT-Hauler but am continuing my "Frag-Stocking" as normal to remove the AT-Hauler from my Frag Pool.

AND SO IT GOES...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#120 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:09 pm

DarkRebel wrote:My sense of the real issue is the match making presenting baby bases to high level players and the lack of loots, both are likely caused by the removal of the mega loots dev clone bases, and not really CNFO.

If you don't skip and really want attack any base, then there are opponent bases out there for you to hit.

But if you skip and skip the tough bases and the baby bases to find a relatively easy base that has lots of loots, then chance is that you'll hit CNFO.

Yeah, the lack of enough attack-able player bases causes the matching algorithm to widen the search criteria until those baby bases are included...

If, when, you are attacking you just want to hit a random base then, with enough CNFO skips you can!

But if you want resources to build something or gears for the conflict, then you normally have to skip a bunch of 'well matched' bases because they either do not have the loot that you are looking for or because, simply, you do not feel confident of getting 3 stars, which is what you are looking for in conflicts. In the best of times I normally skip 20-30 bases before finding a player base that I feel confident in getting 3-stars on. In the current situation that would require hundreds of 'Find a Match' taps!

Right now my Imperial base is getting CNFO 9 times out of 10 on any green world and hoth, and then the ones that I do get are often baby bases or too difficult so I have to hit next. At this point it's a huge waste of time... 30+ minutes to find one base worth 500 gears.

On the planets where I can find player bases, Tat or Kit, I have absolutely no need to attack as I can get UCs on both those worlds just by defending. I did some resource raids there this morning and got enough alloy to start another turret upgrade and I lost ~2000 medals in the process, since I was raiding with MTV7s and pilots with no hope of winning. (If I was attacking to win, I needed enough time to cook troops that I need to log off and I got raid in between raids, so that was a losing proposition.

Right now there does not seem to be any reason to attack a player base with the intention of beating them, unless it's just for the fun of it, which I do once every 3 hours or so when I cook air support.

The opposite is true for my Rebel accounts; they are doing well on green worlds and hoth and not finding any opponents on Kit or Tat.

Any way you look at it, right now the game seems pretty broken and I hope they fix it soon!

Return to “General Discussions”