What Does Medals Mean?----Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Re: What Does Medals Mean?----Discussion Topic

Post#21 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:06 am

Unless you explicitly drop medals to attack below your skill level, the medal count, in relative ranking term, is a good measure of experience and skills. Note skills here is not just pure attack/deployment skill, but general skills in all aspect of the game (base building, defense/base designing, scouting, prioritizing which unit to upgrade first, etc...)

If you gained medal too fast and got above your (relative) skill level, then you'd hit a road block and it'd become much harder to gain more as the matchups will be harder.

On the other hand, medal droppers will find it relatively easy to gain back the medals as their true skill level is way above their medal level.

Medal should not be looked at as a pure skill indicator, but rather it provides some indications about a player experience, game knowledge, and skills (in general and not just pure attack/deployment skill).

There are a couple major flaws with the game that are related to medal count:
- Match making algorithm puts too much weights on medal count. This results in players having to face much higher level opponent if their medal count is relatively high compared to others. Some had to explicitly drop their medals so that they can face similar level opponents.
- DEV cloned bases carry the same medal count as regular bases that they were cloned off, but are much easier to beat due to the lack of SC troops and armoury equipments. Yet, their payout in medal is the same as for regular base.

Address these 2 flaws can bring better sanity to the medal system.

Josketer
Major General

Post#22 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:05 am

I had 114,000 medals before the medalgate and after the bug they left me only 14,000 medals. the only solution that the devs gave us was a crate with 2k crystals and it's over. I have always been a very offensive player, I was fighting more than 2 years to gather that medal count. Currently, I don't attack as much as I used to, because I don't have any certainty that someday another medalgate will happen again. I've also won 50 medals for winning defenses in the past, but that hasn't happened for a long time.
With respect to the fact that if you have a higher medal count , you will face stronger rivals, it is not quite accurate at all. Because despite having my low medal count, I always find the bases of top players on any planet ( and they have more than 160.000 medals ). Why does this happening ? The answer is very simple, the rank. I didn't lose that with the medalgate. Then the game system interprets that I am a strong level player and still matches me with similar and better rivals. Of course, it also gives me the possibility of finding weak or poorly balanced bases too due to the low medal count.

This pic belongs a defense before the medalgate.
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 22--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

DarthLazer
Commodore

Post#23 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:16 am

mkenobi wrote:Do not forget that Defensive wins also count for the ranking of players.

You can earn the double/triple of medals in a defense than by attacking for 3 stars. I've seen replays of players getting 50 medals for defenses in the past, but I never hit that, my limit is still 48 medals.

On greens, my Imperial HQ 11 was attacked once a day, WHEN it was attacked, but since I moved to Tatooine 3 months ago, it's attacked 10-12 times a day, and jumped from about 800 defenses to +1400, and my medals went up from 25k to 41k, only defending during conflicts and attacking Dev bases once a week.

I mantain respect for medal capped players, the game is a helll at this level, as well as for high ranking players and for players with +10k attacks won, because they have devoted so much of their lives to this game.

Mkenobi my highest ever was 52, I think I might have picked up 54 one time, but 52 a handful of times. I noticed in the last few months that the normal for me 42 has dropped to the 20's I just figure the developers are always tweaking the game, which is super annoying cuz they can. Oh and on defense you pickup way more medals than offense wins, constantly as you already pointed out
Last edited by DarthLazer on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Partner of Dark_DyNasty squad and Windows survivor.
Sister Squads, Dark_DyNasty 2 and DDII

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Force_Awareness

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#24 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:09 am

Josketer wrote:I had 114,000 medals before the medalgate and after the bug they left me only 14,000 medals. the only solution that the devs gave us was a crate with 2k crystals and it's over. I have always been a very offensive player, I was fighting more than 2 years to gather that medal count. Currently, I don't attack as much as I used to, because I don't have any certainty that someday another medalgate will happen again. I've also won 50 medals for winning defenses in the past, but that hasn't happened for a long time.
With respect to the fact that if you have a higher medal count , you will face stronger rivals, it is not quite accurate at all. Because despite having my low medal count, I always find the bases of top players on any planet ( and they have more than 160.000 medals ). Why does this happening ? The answer is very simple, the rank. I didn't lose that with the medalgate. Then the game system interprets that I am a strong level player and still matches me with similar and better rivals. Of course, it also gives me the possibility of finding weak or poorly balanced bases too due to the low medal count.
[/img]

ok, you keep believing in what you want to believe (and ignoring the fact that people dropped medals so that they could get easier opponents).
Match making also depends on many other factors, like base rating and the available of the opponent bases (that can vary a lot during conflict).
It has been told (by a developer) that match making algorithm was based on ABR (Adjusted Base Rating) which takes into account the medal count and NOT the rank. Not sure why you kept saying ranking and not medal count.
I give up.

Josketer
Major General

Post#25 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:38 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Josketer wrote:I had 114,000 medals before the medalgate and after the bug they left me only 14,000 medals. the only solution that the devs gave us was a crate with 2k crystals and it's over. I have always been a very offensive player, I was fighting more than 2 years to gather that medal count. Currently, I don't attack as much as I used to, because I don't have any certainty that someday another medalgate will happen again. I've also won 50 medals for winning defenses in the past, but that hasn't happened for a long time.
[/img]

ok, you keep believing in what you want to believe (and ignoring the fact that people dropped medals so that they could get easier opponents).
Match making also depends on many other factors, like base rating and the available of the opponent bases (that can vary a lot during conflict).
It has been told (by a developer) that match making algorithm was based on ABR (Adjusted Base Rating) which takes into account the medal count and NOT the rank. Not sure why you kept saying ranking and not medal count.
I give up.

I have never said that I do not know that some players are medal dumpers. Where have I written that ?
The fact is that you mix one thing with another. I tell you through my own experience.
The only way to understand is that one day you will be a victim of a medalgate, then you will understand the importance of rank.
The medalgate has already happened 2 times, it can happen someday again....
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 22--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#26 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:29 am

Josketer wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
[/img]

I give up.

I have never said that I do not know that some players are medal dumpers. Where have I written that ?
The fact is that you mix one thing with another. I tell you through my own experience.
The only way to understand is that one day you will be a victim of a medalgate, then you will understand the importance of rank.
The medalgate has already happened 2 times, it can happen someday again....

I wonder if you actually understand what you wrote.

You wrote this "With respect to the fact that if you have a higher medal count , you will face stronger rivals, it is not quite accurate at all. "

Then you wrote this "Of course, it also gives me the possibility of finding weak or poorly balanced bases too due to the low medal count."

Your 2 statements contradict each other.

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#27 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:45 pm

I am rank 15, have about 43k medals, have about 4,300 attack wins and 3,050 defense wins.

Mostly complete prestige level base, so a pretty high base score.

Most of my recent defenses score me about 19 medals.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Chaotic999
Major General

Post#28 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:02 pm

I won about 300k on windows (I was capped for years) and about 160k here on the droid, not to mention all my other side base projects, I probs have total of 600k medals since I started this game, my penis is no bigger but my self respect is intact, I totally disagree with medal dumping to get an easy ride but each to their own.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

Planetbleeder
Commodore

Post#29 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:48 pm

I was wondering...for the guys where medals are a must have....do you count the ones where the player drops a single storm/reb troop and then quit the battle? Also do you count the ones where the player drops 18 scouts so the player can meet the frag objective and then quit the battle?

Because gaining medals from those are nothing to brag about. Now...if you had that happen to you and then you revenged the player who did that and deliberately lost —-giving back his medals and possibly MORE...that would be funny.

geoman48
Admiral

Post#30 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:57 pm

I’m amazed at the depth of responses this OP prompted. To me, medals are simply a measure of how much someone plays the game. I had 60k medals in Windows SWC before it was shut down. But I scaled back when Windows was shut down so now my max medals for all the bases I play is 25k medals.

Return to “General Discussions”