What Does Medals Mean?----Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Lord
Commodore

Re: What Does Medals Mean?----Discussion Topic

Post#11 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:09 am

mkenobi wrote:
TKTB51 wrote:I'm living fine on Tat with 43k medals, 4300+ attacks won, 3000+ defenses won, very seldom am hit for a 3 star loss, can find any opponent I want because I can skip as needed.

Don't have enough time to medal dump and not sure of the benefits.

I insist that medal dumping does not work for Prestige players the way it works for players with HQ 6, 7, 8 and 9 - because there is no one above Prestige and you will have to deal with bases with high level Armory and tough layout of Burst/Sonics farms anyway.

But many Prestige continue to drop medals in an attempt to find better targets, perhaps they find a weaker base or another, but Armory is still the main problem for these players, and the amount of skip will continue to be very high no matter how many medals they have.

Low medals help prestiges find sandbag prestige opponents or even lv10s.

XitLiteNtrNite
Major General

Post#12 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:02 pm

I've never cared about medals; I don't dump them and I don't go out of my way to get them. With the dev bases available, I virtually never get less than 3* on a PvP attack, and rarely get attacked anymore unless I forget to switch my armory back to defense. It's hard to see how that equates to "skill".
In game name: Paper Tiger
Officer in: ThatsNoMoon
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: Paper Tiger#6882

Josketer
Major General

Post#13 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:26 pm

What really matters is the range.
Obviously to rank up, you have to win battles, many battles. This will make you get many medals. But, maybe someday, the Zynga devs will get out a new update and a bug will take away almost all your medals. That's what happened to me and hundreds of players. Then, I realized that the importance of the rank, because I have a rank 21 and I am able to find top players and many who have strong defensive bases, prestige level players and occasionally some level 10 players .
I also sometimes find sandbaggers bases.
The higher your rank is, the wider the hunting ground will be. :mrgreen:

Below,you can see my number of attacks since september of 2016 to date.

Here,you can see my base,my rank and my level
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#14 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Any current measure is flawed. Medals can be accumulated with time and volume. Medals per attack would be preferable, but matchup issues at certain levels, dev bases, medal dumping, etc. all greatly muddy the waters. Players also have multiple bases. Same person, so the skill level is the same. I'm pretty certain the medal counts are vastly different.

We won't have a true indicator of skill, until we see a tournament where every player at their weight class (HQ level) goes through the exact same gauntlet of matchups. No skips. They would most likely need to set up dev bases, with filled sc's, and different mixes of gr and sc troops. A variety of bases that would test the players ability to adapt to different defenses and turret mixes. Even better, force each player in this tournament to use a random loadout, forcing the player to best utilize what they are given vs. going to their comfort zone. A truer indicator of how well that player knows the game and the various strengths and weaknesses of each unit. Seems to me, this would give players incentive to test different units, and also attack live bases, to acquire the skills necessary to face such a challenge.

Bottom line, medals can mean something to each individual, but it's not a direct measure of skill. Time/Volume and dev base selection are too big a factor in current medal count. That said, anyone who has accumulated 100K-160K plus medals, has put a lot into the game.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

DarthLazer
Captain

Post#15 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Medal count has always been an indicator of ones longevity or commitment to game. I'm talking back in the old Windows days. Now medals mean nothing to most and dumping is the in thing. I still enjoy playing with those who aquire medals over years and decided to not dump regardless of benefit. I have a L10 I dumped nearly 30k, now I wish I had just let it alone. It's a sign of a veteran as well. Respect to the veterans of the game.
Partner of Dark_DyNasty squad and Windows survivor.
Medal count is up there
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Force_Awareness

chicohound
Commodore

Post#16 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:29 am

Medals use to mean something. Now, due to changes over the years, your stack of medals and a couple of dollars will get you a ride on the subway simply because now medals only show how addicted you are to the game.

Some players even try to give their medals back by dumping them onto other players so that says it all.

Trammel
Captain

Post#17 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:52 am

High rank and high medal veterans earn my respect, rebels and imperials. Interesting loadouts earn respect too. You know what earns my ire? U-Wings circling over my HQ—- despicable.

Hope those who lost their medals are fairly compensated.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#18 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:19 am

Josketer wrote:What really matters is the range.
Obviously to rank up, you have to win battles, many battles. This will make you get many medals. But, maybe someday, the Zynga devs will get out a new update and a bug will take away almost all your medals. That's what happened to me and hundreds of players. Then, I realized that the importance of the rank, because I have a rank 21 and I am able to find top players and many who have strong defensive bases, prestige level players and occasionally some level 10 players .

Ranking has 0 impact to match making. Medal count does.
I think any (or most) of the PartyLikeVader bases have higher ranking than yours. Are you saying because their ranking is higher than yours, then they are better players than you ? They obtained high ranking by beating up on low level bases. Their ranking is tainted by these cheap wins.
At least with medal count, it is capped by the base rating. Ranking is not capped and simply be based on number of wins.

Josketer
Major General

Post#19 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:42 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
Josketer wrote:What really matters is the range.

Ranking has 0 impact to match making. Medal count does.
I think any (or most) of the PartyLikeVader bases have higher ranking than yours. Are you saying because their ranking is higher than yours, then they are better players than you ? They obtained high ranking by beating up on low level bases. Their ranking is tainted by these cheap wins.
At least with medal count, it is capped by the base rating. Ranking is not capped and simply be based on number of wins.

Let's see, tell me where I wrote that plv's are better than someone ? Because I don't see that I wrote that. Now that is a thought of yours is another story. What is really irrefutable is that range matters a lot, whether you want it or not. You can lose the medal count at any time and if you don't believe me, ok, ask Spock - Carnage and hundreds of players like me who lost their medal count because of a game update bug. The main point is that you can lose medals, but you will never lose your rank. And you can't buy the rank either. The medals you obtain by fighting, the rank too, because both things go together.
There are also players with high medal count and do not know how to attack, they resort to the use of trains and u-wings/ tie brutes to obtain even 1/2 stars. Blehhhh !! :mrgreen:
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#20 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:16 am

Do not forget that Defensive wins also count for the ranking of players.

You can earn the double/triple of medals in a defense than by attacking for 3 stars. I've seen replays of players getting 50 medals for defenses in the past, but I never hit that, my limit is still 48 medals.

On greens, my Imperial HQ 11 was attacked once a day, WHEN it was attacked, but since I moved to Tatooine 3 months ago, it's attacked 10-12 times a day, and jumped from about 800 defenses to +1400, and my medals went up from 25k to 41k, only defending during conflicts and attacking Dev bases once a week.

I mantain respect for medal capped players, the game is a helll at this level, as well as for high ranking players and for players with +10k attacks won, because they have devoted so much of their lives to this game.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Return to “General Discussions”