What Does Medals Mean?----Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Lord
Commodore

What Does Medals Mean?----Discussion Topic

Post#1 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:55 pm

There are always stubborn stumbs saying: medals account mean something. But none of them can tell what exactly medals means.
Let the arguement start!

Planetbleeder
Commodore

Re: What Does Medals Mean?----Discussion Topic

Post#2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:04 am

Which is more important....

Attacks won 2,034
Defenses won 534
Medals 100

Therealharbinger
Captain

Post#3 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:27 am

Planetbleeder wrote:Which is more important....

Attacks won 2,034
Defenses won 534
Medals 100

Neither. Leaderboards paint a better picture.

What medals should have is a value, such as cash in 100k medals for 5k crystals or something.

That would eradicate dumping. Until you've maxed out of course.

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#4 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:11 am

I use to believe medal were a mark of your abilities. I have a top level Prestige base on near max medals, and getting 3 stars against a real opponent is difficult. If I drop medals I get more conflict points, but nothing else.

I also have a level 7 base, if I drop medals I get less conflict points, but easier opponents. It's a crazy system.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Planetbleeder
Commodore

Post#5 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:54 am

Therealharbinger wrote:

Attacks won 2,034
Defenses won 534
Medals 100

Neither. Leaderboards paint a better picture.

What medals should have is a value, such as cash in 100k medals for 5k crystals or something.

That would eradicate dumping. Until you've maxed out of course.

My point is that with those stats in attacks and defense wins the true medal count would be extremely higher. So when you see stats like I posted it’s obvious that medals have no value to a lot of players.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:59 am

This is an old discussion, and most here have different opinions.

Some think that having a high number of medals is proof of skill - it is not, because you can win only attacks against Dev bases or sit your butt on defenses and earn double the medals you would earn per attack. There is no skill in it.

In my opinion what defines skill is attacking a strong base in a No-OP war and taking the 3 uplinks after others equally strong failed. And share the replay to everyone see how good you are.

Some Squad Leaders require you to have a fairly high number of medals to join because medals define Squad's position in Rank, which means nothing because your squad can be top thanks to the large number of medals and take a kick from a squad where members are medal dumpers in a war.

Others think medals are a life delay - I include myself in this view - because the more medals you have, the stronger your rivals will be. The best thing to do is to get rid of them = medal dumping.

I admire players with high ranks, especially those with +10k attacks won because they have devoted so much of their lives to the game, doesn't matter if the attacks were by 1, 2 or 3 stars, if were against Live bases or Dev Bases. And regardless of how many medals they have.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

TKTB51
Commodore

Post#7 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:38 am

I'm living fine on Tat with 43k medals, 4300+ attacks won, 3000+ defenses won, very seldom am hit for a 3 star loss, can find any opponent I want because I can skip as needed.

Don't have enough time to medal dump and not sure of the benefits.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:44 am

To me, medal represents both experience and skill.

I always have high respect for high medal players. (My personal view).

It is a lot harder to play at high medal count (= respect).

I have 0 respect for medal dumpers (not that they care what I think, lol).

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:46 am

Attacks won 2,034
Defenses won 534
Medals 100

100 medals for that many wins tells a lot about this player, but that's my opinion.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:52 am

TKTB51 wrote:I'm living fine on Tat with 43k medals, 4300+ attacks won, 3000+ defenses won, very seldom am hit for a 3 star loss, can find any opponent I want because I can skip as needed.

Don't have enough time to medal dump and not sure of the benefits.

I insist that medal dumping does not work for Prestige players the way it works for players with HQ 6, 7, 8 and 9 - because there is no one above Prestige and you will have to deal with bases with high level Armory and tough layout of Burst/Sonics farms anyway.

But many Prestige continue to drop medals in an attempt to find better targets, perhaps they find a weaker base or another, but Armory is still the main problem for these players, and the amount of skip will continue to be very high no matter how many medals they have.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Return to “General Discussions”