Party Like Vader - at it again?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: Party Like Vader - at it again?

Post#11 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:43 am

CoolGuy wrote:
mkenobi wrote:And please guys do not start more threads about this. It's ridiculous, stupid, and a shame that someone spends so much time creating this scheme just to appear on the leaderboard of a game that offers no material rewards, fame or any satisfaction beyond the pleasure of playing and having fun.

I bought this topic up as we haven't seen PLV for a while - I was hoping he had been banned. You would think it would be somebody's job at Zynga to monitor the leaderboards and look for irregularities - obviously not. It's not that hard to see that somethings wrong so why can't they do something about it?

They do not care. Macro players do a service for the Devs but at the same time they harm the whole community of players who play honestly and by their own hands.

First, devs can't identify who is using macros since it doesn't interfere with the game code, or if they can identify (just look at the leaderboard and see players with +800 attacks), they don't give a damn.

Second, macro players force conflict thresholds to soar, which is good for Devs because they force players to attack much more - and consequently - use crystals to speed up loadouts to keep attacking and winning to stay on top higher leagues.

And third, this kind of 32-8-2-1 conflict was created precisely to force more players to grind for Obsidian and UC leagues since the difference in frags is too big and frustrating if you miss out on the highest league in the last hours of conflict.

When you run a mini base like PLV does, your rivals are most Dev bases -- because now game tryes to prevents players running mini bases to find real bases adjusted to their low base score.

A HQ 8 mini with 2 turrets level 1, no shields, no traps, and two resources generators (1 refinery and 1 market), and only one attack building maxed out is matched with full bases HQ 3, HQ 4, or HQ 5 (if they are out of Tatooine).

A few months ago, Devs blocked these bases with CNFO as it was mentioned before, but now, players running mini bases can find only Dev bases of different levels, or mini bases like theirs, and from time to time, real low level bases. Easy 3 stars all the time.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

TKTB51
Commodore

Post#12 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:35 am

about 12 cents - I have one that's almost there already, why would I need a second one?

The value is having spent the last 3 years with the same group of squad mates, sharing stories, fighting wars, and learning about each others' lives. And supporting each other through various events in lives - from the death of a sister, to marriages, to accidents, illnesses, alcohol problems, etc ...

The game is secondary. Sometimes we tend to forget it's not about the electrons on my screen, it's about the people.

And if, as some have theorized, PLV is one guy with a bunch of macros and other stuff running on multiple accounts, ... well, enough said.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

BusuBoots
Commodore

Post#13 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:00 am

Devs should've kept up the CNFO.... I adapted... Oh well.
Spawn Rising is our feeder squad. We need active commanders. Join now!

Chaotic999
Major General

Post#14 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:37 pm

He or She does it because they can, and they sit back and read this thread, not everyone has to work all the time some people for whatever reason have lots of time to kill. It's only a stupid game guys calm down.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#15 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:15 pm

mkenobi wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:
mkenobi wrote:And please guys do not start more threads about this. It's ridiculous, stupid, and a shame that someone spends so much time creating this scheme just to appear on the leaderboard of a game that offers no material rewards, fame or any satisfaction beyond the pleasure of playing and having fun.

I bought this topic up as we haven't seen PLV for a while - I was hoping he had been banned. You would think it would be somebody's job at Zynga to monitor the leaderboards and look for irregularities - obviously not. It's not that hard to see that somethings wrong so why can't they do something about it?

They do not care. Macro players do a service for the Devs but at the same time they harm the whole community of players who play honestly and by their own hands.

First, devs can't identify who is using macros since it doesn't interfere with the game code, or if they can identify (just look at the leaderboard and see players with +800 attacks), they don't give a damn.

Second, macro players force conflict thresholds to soar, which is good for Devs because they force players to attack much more - and consequently - use crystals to speed up loadouts to keep attacking and winning to stay on top higher leagues.

And third, this kind of 32-8-2-1 conflict was created precisely to force more players to grind for Obsidian and UC leagues since the difference in frags is too big and frustrating if you miss out on the highest league in the last hours of conflict.

When you run a mini base like PLV does, your rivals are most Dev bases -- because now game tryes to prevents players running mini bases to find real bases adjusted to their low base score.

A HQ 8 mini with 2 turrets level 1, no shields, no traps, and two resources generators (1 refinery and 1 market), and only one attack building maxed out is matched with full bases HQ 3, HQ 4, or HQ 5 (if they are out of Tatooine).

A few months ago, Devs blocked these bases with CNFO as it was mentioned before, but now, players running mini bases can find only Dev bases of different levels, or mini bases like theirs, and from time to time, real low level bases. Easy 3 stars all the time.

Of course, there's the conspiracy theory that the devs are running the macro player bases. ;)
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

BusuBoots
Commodore

Post#16 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:14 am

I kneeeew it!
Spawn Rising is our feeder squad. We need active commanders. Join now!

DarthLazer
Captain

Post#17 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:58 pm

Party like Vader, there is a ton of these party like players out there... I just ignore it, stopped asking why long ago.
Partner of Dark_DyNasty squad and Windows survivor.
Medal count is up there
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Force_Awareness

chicohound
Commodore

Post#18 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:31 am

I'm maxed on the (3) conflict items so I could care a less what PLV script/macro player(s) do nor to I spend time losing sleep over it, just saying.

Being maxed on the conflict awards solves all your PLV problems.

Hoot
Captain

Post#19 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Chaotic999 wrote:He or She does it because they can, and they sit back and read this thread, not everyone has to work all the time some people for whatever reason have lots of time to kill. It's only a stupid game guys calm down.

I like your signature. Seems like a little butt hurt going on there though, you shouldn't take it so seriously. After all, it's only a stupid game.
ImageImage

Coruscant Wolfpck
Corellian Wolfpck
Cantonica Wolfpck
Chaos Wolfpck
Crimson Wolfpck
Wolfpck ▲

Join us at ccwolfpack.com

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#20 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:45 pm

Such a pity this is back on the agenda. With Kamakaze up there on the board with 1000 attack wins, my junior guys, who need encouragement to stay engaged, say, why bother. The leader of plv, might be the smartest techno fuck in the community.....I don’t know... but his leadership for all us average joes....and for all the guys we want to join, play, (legit), and have fun.....is, well, non-existant imho. But, as others have said, it is just a game! I am just sad that Rath chooses to do it his way...but he can and does. Hey ho.
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Return to “General Discussions”