This is so enjoyable.

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Josketer
Major General

Re: This is so enjoyable.

Post#11 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:31 am

ForceMel wrote:Tatooine is a rebel planet. Go to a green planet, and you won't be attacked nearly as much.

:mrgreen:
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

TKTB51
Commodore

Post#12 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:37 pm

HAHAHA
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

ForceMel
Major General

Post#13 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:53 pm

Josketer wrote:
ForceMel wrote:Tatooine is a rebel planet. Go to a green planet, and you won't be attacked nearly as much.

:mrgreen:

I guess that means PartyLikeVader is loved now.

So stay on Tatooine, and complain about getting attacked all the time. It is up to the individual player.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#14 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:29 pm

Matchmaking is broken since this game exists. On Windows when I was HQ 5 or HQ 6 I was matched with bases at HQ 9 and HQ 10. It's not much different today. Only people having to attack or are attacked by rivals 2-3 levels above know what is pain and suffering...

Drop medals if you are HQ 6-7-8-9 and you don't want to be matched with beasts 2-3 levels above you. Sandbagging your base is the other option if you like to collect medals. But NEVER, NEVER, max out your base (specially building/upgrading traps, and turrets) if you want to be a medal collector.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Therealharbinger
Captain

Post#15 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:45 am

Those players are quite evenly matched tbh. Was your SC empty? are you one of those that leaves it in the open and not under shields.
Post a pic of your base.

Roosevekt

Post#16 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:18 pm

I just started up a new account to play around with some things. I sandbagged the base score. Only have 2 lvl 1 turrets, no traps. Etc. As soon as I upgraded to hq5 I started getting matched with hq6-9 anyway. Dumped medals from 1800 to 700 and same deal. Can't win offense fights for anything when all you get is much higher than you. Even hq9 with many upgraded turrets. I can see why people get to hq5 or so and quit playing.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#17 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:24 pm

toni112007 wrote:Image
Thanks for not fixing your flawless matchmaker Zynga. Working as it should. Why fix what isn't broken. Getting matched by higher levels should happen, its more of a challenge after all. Doesn't everybody agree? I myself like getting my base wiped out every single time by a higher level fully upgraded player, who wouldn't enjoy that? When your base gets obliterated by a higher level full p2w whale player you learn your base weakness and improve its defense. This is why I enjoy and love this game. And no I won't dump my medals down, cause why make the game actually playable for myself when being playable is not a challenge.

I have found with my different bases, that once you get to level 9 or 10, with 40K medals, it must be a very small player pool. My level 9 and 10 bases see almost entirely all Prestige bases (live not devs), with gr and usually full sc's. I'm assuming level 8's might be seeing the same thing, but I don't currently have a max level 8 in my base inventory right now. The matchmaking algo seems to confirm that medals have the overwhelming influence in matchmaking once you get near the 40K medal threshold. Unfortunate, but that's the black hole right now, given the current player population.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#18 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:37 pm

toni112007 wrote:
TKTB51 wrote:in the game, take a look at my base: DarkLords | TK-TB51

I'm on Tat and had seven defense wins overnight, no losses.

Spread your stuff out - don't protect your resource generators or storage - you can't ever generate enough yourself to make a meaningful dent in upgrading stuff (it's all from "vikings raids"), so why protect those?

Take your eggs and put them deep in a basket and surround it with turrets. Burst turrets all the way. With Armory skins (both types).

EDIT: I have about 43k medals and don't believe in dumping. I also don't believe in sandbagging - I'm pretty fully upgraded across all elements of my base. But, yeah, that's a rough string of losses. Sometimes you just have those.

Yes, I am on Tatt too. Getting attacked very often right now. Last two defences I won cause enemy was lv 7 troops (I am lv8). But my base doesn't work at all against lv 9. My Armory is: Burst and Rocket turret attack buff (lv3), dewback (lv1) and sniper (lv2) GR. Most of my buffs are small level unfortunately...

The big thing this game doesn't tell you, is you should not upgrade to level 8 without high armory levels. Level 8 through Prestige is basically one big melting pot, if you have 40K medals or higher. More so, if you added all your turrets and traps (high base score). You either stay at level 7 and accumulate frags, go to level 8 through Prestige only if you have a mini base. If not, you can still win, but it's a grind and becomes a game for only highly active players.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Therealharbinger
Captain

Post#19 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:24 pm

I'm at 55k medals now and almost fully prestige. I actually come across strange bases. Like levels 7s and 8s with 3 shields and serious scrub defenses worth a measly 400 points, I am worth over 1k... why am I being matched to such trash?

On the plus side, I may have found a decent macro bot for this, so I will be king of Tat in the near future.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#20 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:40 am

Roosevekt wrote:I just started up a new account to play around with some things. I sandbagged the base score. Only have 2 lvl 1 turrets, no traps. Etc. As soon as I upgraded to hq5 I started getting matched with hq6-9 anyway. Dumped medals from 1800 to 700 and same deal. Can't win offense fights for anything when all you get is much higher than you. Even hq9 with many upgraded turrets. I can see why people get to hq5 or so and quit playing.

You are probably fighting Dev bases.

I started an Imperial base and ran HQ to level 8 only to donate Level 1 Snipers and Level 1 Jumps to my Prestige base since my other Imperial base is only HQ 6. In this scheme, with two Level 1 turrets, 1 market, 1 refinary, no shields, no traps, no trade port. Since it reached HQ 5 I started to see only DEV BASES with high amount of resources.

Now at HQ 8, but with Base Score of 610, when defending, this base is matched with players with Level 3 and Level 4, and they lose because I keep Prestige units in the SC. When attacking, this base is matched only with full Dev BASES of different levels (7-8-9-10) or mini Dev Bases with 2 turrets like mine, but always with vaults/depots at max capacity, and great amount of CB.

That's why I said in the post about PLV that the game tries to prevent players with mini bases of finding low real bases adjusted to their base score. On Tatooine it works, but once you move to another planet, you start to find every kind of base: full/mini Dev Bases, Live mini bases and real full bases at HQ 5 and above.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Return to “General Discussions”