Does Upgrading Cookable Units Make Spawned Units of Same Type Stronger?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthLazer
Captain

Does Upgrading Cookable Units Make Spawned Units of Same Type Stronger?

Post#1 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:41 am

Upgrade question

Does upgrading darks, make the darks in transports stronger, or upgrading bombers make the rodian bomb strikes stronger? My guess would be no, each troop is serrate and the code would be too tricky to pull that off?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title To Better Reflect Topic - Added Original Title to Main Topic Post
Partner of Dark_DyNasty squad and Windows survivor.
Medal count is up there
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Force_Awareness

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Re: Upgrade question

Post#2 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:54 am

The strength of any summoned troops changes with the level of the armory buff or the level of the summoning unit.

For example: Level 1 wagon summons level 5 darks. Level 10 wagon summons level 10 darks.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Therealharbinger
Captain

Post#3 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:27 pm

And a level 1 rodian is a lvl 1 bomber through 10 for 10.

DarthLazer
Captain

Post#4 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:58 pm

Shelendil wrote:The strength of any summoned troops changes with the level of the armory buff or the level of the summoning unit.

For example: Level 1 wagon summons level 5 darks. Level 10 wagon summons level 10 darks.

So the darks coming out of transports are impacted by the strength or level of your regular dark troop? So a prestige level dark is coming out of transports, or a prestige bomber is coming out of a prestige rodian? Of so upgrading my darks and bombers would help my rodian and transport attacks. Maybe that made it clearer.
Medal count is up there

Therealharbinger
Captain

Post#5 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:04 pm

No upgrading your bombers and darks does not buff your ITTs or Rodians. Only upgrading the Rodian Skin and ITT increases the buff of the bomber and darks respectively.

Much like the ACT skin only deploys lvl5 storms however upgrading the Forest trooper skin increases thier health and damage.

DarthLazer
Captain

Post#6 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:35 pm

Therealharbinger wrote:No upgrading your bombers and darks does not buff your ITTs or Rodians. Only upgrading the Rodian Skin and ITT increases the buff of the bomber and darks respectively.

Much like the ACT skin only deploys lvl5 storms however upgrading the Forest trooper skin increases thier health and damage.

Thanks, thats what I thought but was hearing different stories.
Medal count is up there

TKTB51
Commodore

Post#7 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:39 pm

You have it now ... the level of the skin that's applied in the armory determines the number/frequency/level of the units that are generated, it doesn't matter what level you have researched, nor does it matter what level your barracks/factory/starship command/cantina might be.

which means that the only way to make the Rodian skins with the sniper barracks GR upgrade better is (a) upgrade the sniper barracks to higher level or (b) upgrade the Rodian skin to a higher level.

There are no shortcuts, sadly.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:49 am

When I said the level of the unit, I meant the level of the transports (called them wagons.) Transports means the building to me...
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

toname
Commodore

Post#9 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:39 am

You can refer to the wiki to answer these questions as well.

http://www.swcommander.info/wiki/index.php/Empire
http://www.swcommander.info/wiki/index. ... _Transport
http://www.swcommander.info/wiki/index. ... con_Sniper

EDIT:

Shelendil wrote:For example: Level 1 wagon summons level 5 darks. Level 10 wagon summons level 10 darks.

Level 10 ITT only summons level 9 darks.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"

Return to “General Discussions”