Unable to Play on WiFi with new router

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
dvrdwn73
Storm Trooper

Unable to Play on WiFi with new router

Post#1 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:47 pm

So...I bought a new router and now I can not play SWC through my WiFi router. I am able to play through Cellular data or WiFi at another location. I contacted Arris for Router support and they helped change numerous settings on the WiFi router with no success. Any suggestions? They mentioned possibly needing ports opened?

DeathStriker

Re: Unable to Play on WiFi with new router

Post#2 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:53 pm

dvrdwn73 wrote:So...I bought a new router and now I can not play SWC through my WiFi router. I am able to play through Cellular data or WiFi at another location. I contact Arris and they helped change numerous settings on the WiFi router with no success. Any suggestions? They mentioned possibly needing ports opened?

dvrdwn73 - Setting up a Router is a complex process... and I would not want you to reveal any "personal information".

:?: What Game Device are you using? Mobile or PC? If Mobile, iOS or Android?

1. I would check first to see if you can reach the Internet via your WiFI on another Device to see if your Router is working properly.
  2. If Step #1 is OK then try turning off WiFi on your Game Device and then back on, and try again.
  3. If still no luck, try force closing SWC App and turn off / turn on Game Device, and then try again.
  4. If still no luck, look at the Official Help found here
:arrow: There is a Technical Help Group on LINE. If you use LINE perhaps someone can get you there where you might find the help you need.

Sorry I can't be more help than that...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

dvrdwn73
Storm Trooper

Post#3 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:21 pm

I am using IOS and android. SWC will not work on either on my home WiFi. I tried all your suggestions and still nothing.

TKTB51
Commodore

Post#4 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:32 pm

the game might use some ports which are not open on your router - but I have no idea which one(s) they might be.

that's what I would suspect. I assume you're on this website through that router on a computer/phone without any problems, so obviously the http protocol port (usually 80 or 8080) is open.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:24 pm

As this is a new router, just return it and buy a new one.
Since you said customer support already helped you, chance is that you’ve already tried different things and that didn’t help so I won’t give any further technical advice.
(For what it’s worth, I have been using a Netgear Nighthawk router for a few years now, and it’s been great for me.)

Therealharbinger
Captain

Post#6 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:42 am

Just google open ports on a router. Thousands of people have had to do this to be able to play Xbox and PS games online for years now. You can also place your phones connection in the DMZ which is in most cases fully ported.

Ues people will tell you your phone could be hacked but in reality is someone sitting nearby hacking your wifi and then your phone? In reality they need to be within 100ft and be pretty damn skilled.

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#7 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:39 am

Did you disconnect the old WiFi network and rejoin from your devices? If you reused the name of your old modem’s network for the new modem, it may look like the WiFi is there, but block you from joining.

Forgetting the old network on your device and rejoining should authenticate you on the new modem.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~56k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

dvrdwn73
Storm Trooper

Post#8 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:47 am

Thanks for all the replies! SWC is the only thing that is not working on my devices connected to the WiFi. I am on the new wifi and not the old network. I have an email into Zynga Support. Hopefully they will be able to shed some light on my issues. The new Arris router is our gateway device so returning it is not as easy as one would think. If Zynga support can not help, I will go through the hassle of returning the Arris wifi Router.

dvrdwn73
Storm Trooper

Post#9 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:00 am

So here is the reply from Zynga... No help. Looks like I'll have to get a new Router. UGH!

Thanks for reporting your concern regarding unable to connect to the game when using your new router. As per checking with the team, there is no specific port needed to play the game, it seems that the one who have problem is the new router you bought. For that we recommend to use the same settings on the other wifi you connected as you mentioned earlier.

Regards,
Philip
Zynga Player Support
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Quote for Clarity

dvrdwn73
Storm Trooper

Post#10 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:18 pm

Brand New Motorola Cable Modem and game works. Finally. Arris modems stink.

Return to “General Discussions”