Useless Units either side conversation.

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
strawman3125
Admiral

Re: Useless Units either side conversation.

Post#21 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:17 am

DeathStriker wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:I actually like the LAAT, for wars, especially with Tako. They are also nice for tripping SCs deep within walled bases.

strawman3125 - You are right.. the LAAT Starship Strike is "useful" but when you look at all the available Starship Strikes the LAAT Starship Strike is the "least useful" IMHO...

I would rate the YWing an Z95s lower than the LAATs, I NEVER use them where I occasionally use the LAATs. What do you use the YWing an Z95s for?

EDIT:

Therealharbinger wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:
TKTB51 wrote:I nominate the Spider "hero" piece of shite.

Sorry, the Spider is very good in HD when facing mech units. At higher levels it is a one hit kill.

Exactly, at prestige it instagibbs anything. Turrets go in one hit and on HDs it one shots everything.

Here is a vote.. at high levels... the Deka oppressor. It oppresses me it's so damn bad. Always stops on a trap at the end of a game and dies. "Levels anything without the protection of a shield.." REALLY! STORMS destroy things quicker than this. At level 30 anyway

Love both dekkas and the only use that I have for them is picking up that last building in the corner, and that it worth so may gears/EP!!!
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"

DeathStriker

Post#22 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:15 am

strawman3125 wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:I actually like the LAAT, for wars, especially with Tako. They are also nice for tripping SCs deep within walled bases.

strawman3125 - You are right.. the LAAT Starship Strike is "useful" but when you look at all the available Starship Strikes the LAAT Starship Strike is the "least useful" IMHO...

I would rate the YWing an Z95s lower than the LAATs, I NEVER use them where I occasionally use the LAATs. What do you use the YWing an Z95s for?

strawman3125 - Yes the Rebel Y-Wing Starship Strikes are not very useful, but are "more useful" IMHO then Rebel LAAT Starship Strikes, no right or wrong, just a difference of opinion..

NOW... Rebel Z-95 Headhunters are one of those units not use much in PvP above HQ 6, but in War with Yavin 4 OP in Play they are awesome in taking out Enemy SC's buried under multiple shields. Also their primary function of taking down Walls is often more "valuable" then using a Starship Strike which deploys Units.

ADDITIONAL SIDE to this Topic:

• Use of some "Unbuffed" Units in No-OP Wars are better then using these same "Unbuffed" Units in PvP above HQ 5.
Adding to this Topic...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#23 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:29 am

As a (probably controversial) input, I offer Han Solo (with his trap complex) as an entirely worthless hero at L10/Prestige). I actually like a Prestige R2 with a high level skin more than Han in PvP. I once again beseech the devs to remove the trap complex!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#24 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:41 am

Dolphin75 wrote:As a (probably controversial) input, I offer Han Solo (with his trap complex) as an entirely worthless hero at L10/Prestige). I actually like a Prestige R2 with a high level skin more than Han in PvP. I once again beseech the devs to remove the trap complex!

Well remembered, I call that Vanguard Syndrome, and one of the reasons I didn't unlock Hoth for my Rebel HQ 6, but two greens instead, where I can use the skins for Falcon and Senator Leia, which are much more effective.

That's ruined Han for good. :twisted:
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#25 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:01 am

Dolphin75 wrote:As a (probably controversial) input, I offer Han Solo (with his trap complex) as an entirely worthless hero at L10/Prestige). I actually like a Prestige R2 with a high level skin more than Han in PvP. I once again beseech the devs to remove the trap complex!

Han Solo is the single most over-powered unit in the game up until HQ8!!! He is the only non-frag based unit that can clear traps, which are devastating pre-jet/jump. Many players never get to unlocking shocks and vanguards so Han is the only trap clearer that many players will ever have access to.

After HQ8, on Hoth with skin, Han is the most powerful hero in the game, usually doing more damage per battle than the EATAT on green worlds!
Last edited by strawman3125 on Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#26 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:03 am

DeathStriker wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:strawman3125 - You are right.. the LAAT Starship Strike is "useful" but when you look at all the available Starship Strikes the LAAT Starship Strike is the "least useful" IMHO...

strawman3125 - Yes the Rebel Y-Wing Starship Strikes are not very useful, but are "more useful" IMHO then Rebel LAAT Starship Strikes, no right or wrong, just a difference of opinion..

NOW... Rebel Z-95 Headhunters are one of those units not use much in PvP above HQ 6, but in War with Yavin 4 OP in Play they are awesome in taking out Enemy SC's buried under multiple shields. Also their primary function of taking down Walls is often more "valuable" then using a Starship Strike which deploys Units.

ADDITIONAL SIDE to this Topic:

• Use of some "Unbuffed" Units in No-OP Wars are better then using these same "Unbuffed" Units in PvP above HQ 5.
Adding to this Topic...

AWESOME!!!

I never even thought about targeting the SC with Z95s! I just took a quick look at the math and it looks like it would take about 12 Prestige Z95 strikes to take out a Prestige SC, is that right?

DeathStriker

Post#27 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:14 am

strawman3125 wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:NOW... Rebel Z-95 Headhunters are one of those units not use much in PvP above HQ 6, but in War with Yavin 4 OP in Play they are awesome in taking out Enemy SC's buried under multiple shields.

AWESOME!!!

I never even thought about targeting the SC with Z95s! I just took a quick look at the math and it looks like it would take about 12 Prestige Z95 strikes to take out a Prestige SC, is that right?

Yes - Lower Level Z-95s might need up to 14 to do the same thing.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#28 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:22 am

DeathStriker wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:NOW... Rebel Z-95 Headhunters are one of those units not use much in PvP above HQ 6, but in War with Yavin 4 OP in Play they are awesome in taking out Enemy SC's buried under multiple shields.

AWESOME!!!

Thanks for the tip!

I love threads like this where I can find a use for a unit that I previously thought was useless! Not that I am going to spend the next 2+ months researching the Z95s up in level but I have almost 280 samples to play with! :)

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#29 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:44 am

strawman3125 wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:AWESOME!!!

Thanks for the tip!

I love threads like this where I can find a use for a unit that I previously thought was useless! Not that I am going to spend the next 2+ months researching the Z95s up in level but I have almost 280 samples to play with! :)

The killer thing about dropping interceptors on the SC with yavin boost is that they do huge splash damage, and will take out adjacent building. I've knocked out up to three shields, and have gotten turrets as well.

Harshit
Admiral

Post#30 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:45 am

strawman3125 wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:AWESOME!!!

Thanks for the tip!

Yavin OP might make things easier !
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Return to “General Discussions”