Useless Units either side conversation.

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthLazer
Captain

Re: Useless Units either side conversation.

Post#11 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:27 pm

DeathStriker wrote:There are 4 Sides to this Conversation...

1. Some Units are VERY GOOD at Lower Levels (HQ 1 thru HQ 6).
  2. Some Units, while good at Lower Levels, are VERY BAD at Upper Levels (HQ 7 thru Prestige).
  3. Some Units are VERY GOOD doing PvP.
  4. Some Units, while good in PvP, are VERY BAD in War.
AND SO... in choosing the "Most Useless Unit(s)" I would say a Unit that is VERY BAD at all Levels (HQ 1 thru Prestige), whether or not in PvP or War should be considered.

THAT SAID... I nominate:

1. Rebel Hero - R2-D2 (Unbuffed)
  2. Rebel Infantry - Demolition Droid
  3. Rebel Vehicle - AT-AP Walker
  4. Rebel Starship Strike - Low Altitude Assault Transport ** Worst of all Starship Strikes.
  5. Mercenary - A-LT "Turret Slicer"
Some may disagree with me, but those are my choices for "Most Useless Unit(s)".

Adding to this Topic...

I can only attest to L10 and higher as I only have a L10 and Prestige accounts now, been so very long sinceI played at L8 and below, Windows days. I do recall a couple years ago that lower level troops played differently then fully upgraded troops do now. I will add to empire side the probe as being worthy of nothing but vehicle deployment crates. Another to add to the list . Perhaps it is time to build a reb account...
Partner of Dark_DyNasty squad and Windows survivor.
Medal count is up there
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Force_Awareness

Josketer
Major General

Post#12 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:11 pm

I think the jackpot is for the Demolition LIN.
No matter what level the player is, that troop is an absolute crap that is useless at all levels.
Then the ongidae, the fathier rider, the A-LT Slider and the SD -K4.
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#13 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:48 pm

2. Some Units, while good at Lower Levels, are VERY BAD at Upper Levels (HQ 7 thru Prestige).
AND SO... in choosing the "Most Useless Unit(s)" I would say a Unit that is VERY BAD at all Levels (HQ 1 thru Prestige), whether or not in PvP or War should be considered.

THAT SAID... I nominate:

4. Rebel Starship Strike - Low Altitude Assault Transport ** Worst of all Starship Strikes.

Adding to this Topic...

I actually like the LAAT, for wars, especially with Tako. They are also nice for tripping SCs deep within walled bases.

Lord
Commodore

Post#14 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:08 pm

THAT SAID... I nominate:

Adding to this Topic...

However, a thing called ATDP is never ueful in any comditions, for lower level players, they are not able to use it, samples begin to appear at lv 7 and being able to make them at lv 8. This shit has the speed of ATAT and damage/rage of ATST and 16unit in uc. l really cann't believe it useful in any condition.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#15 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:10 pm

From someone who has played as Imperial and Rebel since the beginning on Windows (pre-Armory), and currently on Android as Rebel and Imperial with various bases at different levels of HQ, and as DS remembered, there are units that are good at level 6 and below, and useless at higher levels.

But there are others that are useless at any level. My list of original units that I was never interested in upgrading to some of my bases are:

Rebel: ATTE, ATAP, Pathfinder
Imperial: ATMP, ATDP, ATAT, Probe Droid, Scout Trooper

These are units that I keep at level 1 if I need to do deploy/train objectives in case of no samples. R2, believe it or not, is level 1 for my HQ 9 to date, for a fast deploy/mobilize R2 objectives. And Dowutin Hunter is level 1 in my two Prestige.

Of the recent units, the list is huge: Death Trooper, SD-K4, Turret Slicer, Demolition Droid, Fathier, Ongidae, Bufopel, ATDT. The only reason they exist is to extend the number of rewards in the Crates so you have to spend more time playing to max out any of them, or buy more Crates if you are a wallet warrior.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

DeathStriker

Post#16 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:36 pm

strawman3125 wrote:I actually like the LAAT, for wars, especially with Tako. They are also nice for tripping SCs deep within walled bases.

strawman3125 - You are right.. the LAAT Starship Strike is "useful" but when you look at all the available Starship Strikes the LAAT Starship Strike is the "least useful" IMHO...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Badas
Officer

Post#17 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:08 pm

Surprised nobody said skiff the most worthless unit. It was good a long time ago, but now a days it's pretty worthless.
Skiff just suck. Guard reserves they suck, offense they suck.

Stuller
Lieutenant

Post#18 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:37 pm

I found Bufopel very useful in my baby HQ6 without armory. I found them more effective than my skinless heavies when compared to his older brother, my armored HQ6. I will test the ithorians and hawks lvl 1 at war soon. I really liked the Speeder Ski too, since only the lvl 7 bike will get fast. This event still gives other bonuses.

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#19 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:23 am

TKTB51 wrote:I nominate the Spider "hero" piece of shite.

Sorry, the Spider is very good in HD when facing mech units. At higher levels it is a one hit kill.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Therealharbinger
Captain

Post#20 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:43 am

CoolGuy wrote:
TKTB51 wrote:I nominate the Spider "hero" piece of shite.

Sorry, the Spider is very good in HD when facing mech units. At higher levels it is a one hit kill.

Exactly, at prestige it instagibbs anything. Turrets go in one hit and on HDs it one shots everything.

Here is a vote.. at high levels... the Deka oppressor. It oppresses me it's so damn bad. Always stops on a trap at the end of a game and dies. "Levels anything without the protection of a shield.." REALLY! STORMS destroy things quicker than this. At level 30 anyway

Return to “General Discussions”