Any appreciable reason to upgrade piggies?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
BiggusSithus
Lieutenant

Any appreciable reason to upgrade piggies?

Post#1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:21 pm

From 1 to 10, two months of research time and half a mil CB gets you +500 dmg and +10k health. In your opinion, worth it or na?

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: Any appreciable reason to upgrade piggies?

Post#2 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:55 pm

As you said +damage + health, but really? No.

Use your Lab only to upgrade units that are really effective considering their effectiveness/training time. Use samples if you have a level 10 Cantina. I have hundreds of gamo samples, rarely I use them.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#3 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:04 pm

There are so many things that give more benefit for the research time required. I have not upgraded them for any of my accounts.

XitLiteNtrNite
Major General

Post#4 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:16 pm

I upgrade to maximize my HQ inventory units. If I have 200+ in my HQ, the units are less important to upgrade. For me, I had a lot of mercs in my HQ so they weren't a priority. Now that I've upgraded the traditional units and air that I use regularly, I'm shifting back to mercs.
In game name: Paper Tiger
Officer in: ThatsNoMoon
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: Paper Tiger#6882

Beththeboss
Captain

Post#5 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:36 am

Depends how you play the game. There’s no real reason to upgrade them for PvP but L10’s are very useful to have in restricted no ops wars (their death axe throw gets stronger as you level up too).
Empire Lvl 11 100k+ medals (Leader Circleof.Masters)
Empire Lvl 10 20k+ medals (Officer Circleof.Sabers)

Return to “General Discussions”