ls lt Worthy To Upgrade Kubaz/lthorin?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Lord
Commodore

Re: ls lt Worthy To Upgrade Kubaz/lthorin?

Post#11 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:34 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:
Lord wrote:For lv 1 Kubaz, it rush and destory one shield and die; for lv 10 Kubaz, it rush and destory one shield and die. The only difference is the lv 10's cooking time drives you crazy. Why upgrade it and abuse yourself?

Great point! The key to this game is to leave every unit at level 1 to minimize cook times, and ignore health and damage increases! I feel my sanity returning already! Nice! :? :roll:

Even lv 10's health can't stop them die just after their shield down, so what's the point of increading the health and damage, only thing they can do is shoot to one building and die.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#12 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:48 pm

Lord wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:
Lord wrote:For lv 1 Kubaz, it rush and destory one shield and die; for lv 10 Kubaz, it rush and destory one shield and die. The only difference is the lv 10's cooking time drives you crazy. Why upgrade it and abuse yourself?

Great point! The key to this game is to leave every unit at level 1 to minimize cook times, and ignore health and damage increases! I feel my sanity returning already! Nice! :? :roll:

Even lv 10's health can't stop them die just after their shield down, so what's the point of increading the health and damage, only thing they can do is shoot to one building and die.

A level 10 can reach shield generators that a level 1 cannot. It will withstand more turret, gr, and sc troop shots, which allows it to do more. It can also help blast through walls, where a level 1 could not. They also turn into resource scavengers, once all shields are done and do quite a bit of damage at higher levels. They also make good sonic bait, and the stronger/higher health they are, the better.

There's clearly a difference, but each player needs to decide whether it's worth the extra cook time. For me, it is. I have absolutely no regrets upgrading them to level 10 and are one of my favorite units because of their versatility. From level 10 to Prestige, is where I am currently drawing the line.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#13 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:02 pm

I'd rather cook two level X kubaz than four level 1's. It's a pretty easy choice, really.

DeathStriker

Post#14 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:03 pm

MY THOUGHTS...

1. Collect all the Kubaz / Ithorian Infiltrator Frags you can whether or not you intend to Upgrade it, thus removing 1 Unit from your Frag Pool.
  2. I agree with Upgrading to a Level desired by the individual Commander so as to make them more useful at higher levels.
  3. Higher Level Kubaz or Ithorians can often reach and destroy a "second" Shield Generator where a Lower Level Kubaz or Ithorian can not.
  4. Kubaz and Ithorians are better at destroy Shields than using TIE Advance / A-Wing since they have a lower cook time / UC. The only offset is that using Kubaz / Ithorians to take down Shields often will "trip" SC and/or Droidekas while using Starship Strikes will not.
Adding to this Topic...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Badas
Officer

Post#15 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:26 pm

When I had a level 1 it didn't reach far enough.
At lvl4 it's getting better.
The health doesn't matter much. It's that personal shield that makes them last longer for that far run.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#16 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:35 pm

Badas wrote:When I had a level 1 it didn't reach far enough.
At lvl4 it's getting better.
The health doesn't matter much. It's that personal shield that makes them last longer for that far run.

I believe the health rating includes the personal shield, which is why the shield lasts longer at higher levels. Also as DS mentioned, a high level infiltrator/kubaz can take out two shields if they are staged close to each other.
lukeskywalker
Leader

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#17 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:55 pm

To me, it’s totally worth it.
About training time, it’s true that the 5 min sucks, but you don’t need it for dev bases, and for war or going against a tough base in PVP, the extra health/dps is worth it, IMHO.

Lord
Commodore

Post#18 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:36 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:
Lord wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:Great point! The key to this game is to leave every unit at level 1 to minimize cook times, and ignore health and damage increases! I feel my sanity returning already! Nice! :? :roll:

A level 10 can reach shield generators that a level 1 cannot. It will withstand more turret, gr, and sc troop shots, which allows it to do more. It can also help blast through walls, where a level 1 could not. They also turn into resource scavengers, once all shields are done and do quite a bit of damage at higher levels. They also make good sonic bait, and the stronger/higher health they are, the better.

There's clearly a difference, but each player needs to decide whether it's worth the extra cook time. For me, it is. I have absolutely no regrets upgrading them to level 10 and are one of my favorite units because of their versatility. From level 10 to Prestige, is where I am currently drawing the line.

Does it have longer shield time? l thought the data said they all have 5s shield, and when shields are near lv 1 kubaz can also take two.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#19 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:44 pm

Lord wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:
Lord wrote:Even lv 10's health can't stop them die just after their shield down, so what's the point of increading the health and damage, only thing they can do is shoot to one building and die.

Does it have longer shield time? l thought the data said they all have 5s shield, and when shields are near lv 1 kubaz can also take two.

Not a longer shield time, but it's pretty clear that a level 10 infiltrator can take more shots and survive longer. Honestly, you don't need to believe any of this. Bottom line, I would not go back to level 1 if I had a choice. Level 10 is superior and gives me more attack options. You need to choose what works for you.
lukeskywalker
Leader

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#20 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:02 am

There are some distinct advantages to higher level ithorians. I stopped upgrades at L7 - I use my one L10 barracks to train two ithorians while the rest of the attack force builds in the Prestige structures. Any higher, and the ithorians would slow the attack. Depends on your load out, of course. Find the right balance.

Chaotic, it sounds like you should do what I did a couple years ago. I walked away from two maxed out Empire bases and started again as a Rebel. Brought back all of the original fun (but with a lot more skill to bring to bear). I never regretted it.

Return to “General Discussions”