BIG Conflict Secret

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthStrutter
Officer

BIG Conflict Secret

Post#1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:07 am

Does anyone know why Zynga is keeping upcoming conflicts a big secret? It's not like we can manipulate anything and gain an advantage. Actually helps the planning stages for those who need frags for the unit in the conflict. I didn't need Sniper GR frags so it was a nice quiet 2 weeks but I'm ready for some action now. Hopefully something good the next 2 weeks

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Re: BIG Conflict Secret

Post#2 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:10 am

huh ? It's not like Disney/Zynga has been announcing conflicts/events in advance in the past.
It's more the data miner had a way to poke into their internal data to get the information out to the public.
For important features though, like planets, squad wars, armory, Prestige level, they did give some advance notices (e.g. such as mentioned them in developer's blogs). But not the conflicts/events.

DarthStrutter
Officer

Post#3 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:48 am

DarkRebel wrote:huh ? It's not like Disney/Zynga has been announcing conflicts/events in advance in the past.
It's more the data miner had a way to poke into their internal data to get the information out to the public.

I know but now the data miners aren't able to pull the information like it's some big secret, lol.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:34 am

DarthStrutter wrote:Does anyone know why Zynga is keeping upcoming conflicts a big secret? It's not like we can manipulate anything and gain an advantage. Actually helps the planning stages for those who need frags for the unit in the conflict. I didn't need Sniper GR frags so it was a nice quiet 2 weeks but I'm ready for some action now. Hopefully something good the next 2 weeks

I agree that there should be an in-game channel to warn of future conflicts/events, as there is one thing Devs ignores called REAL LIFE, and people often make plans in advance. I miss the old days when the data miners could tell us what was to come with a week or more in advance.

When you play with multiple bases, a little anticipation of what's to come helps you choose which bases to play, which bases need to dump medals, which bases will be inactive for major upgrades, and what league you need to be to receive the required amount of frags...

I'm right now to finish upgrading my baby rebel base to HQ 7, because I am expecting a conflict for MTT, and have time to build the Cantina.

And now my watch begins for what is to come, keeping one eye in the forum, one eye in the game developer note... :lol:
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#5 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:27 pm

It's just the time zone difference. Zynga is 8 hours later than Disney was, so they can patch day of the event instead of the previous evening.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#6 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:24 pm

The original poster has a point - why not announce upcoming conflicts/events at least one week in advance? Surely they have an advance program of events, why not keep the customer informed? The last conflict finished about 8 hours ago and we still have no idea what is happening next - it's just poor customer service.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:44 pm

This wait is killing me... I want to know if I can finally watch Stranger Things Season 3 or maybe do a Marvel Marathon with the previous movies to finally watch Endgame this weekend...

Hmm... "Poor customer service"? Where have I heard about this before? It looks like something starting with D...
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:05 pm

Shelendil wrote:It's just the time zone difference. Zynga is 8 hours later than Disney was, so they can patch day of the event instead of the previous evening.

Good theory.

DarthStrutter
Officer

Post#9 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:55 pm

CoolGuy wrote:The original poster has a point - why not announce upcoming conflicts/events at least one week in advance? Surely they have an advance program of events, why not keep the customer informed? The last conflict finished about 8 hours ago and we still have no idea what is happening next - it's just poor customer service.

Totally agree

DarthStrutter
Officer

Post#10 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:57 pm

mkenobi wrote:
DarthStrutter wrote:Does anyone know why Zynga is keeping upcoming conflicts a big secret? It's not like we can manipulate anything and gain an advantage. Actually helps the planning stages for those who need frags for the unit in the conflict. I didn't need Sniper GR frags so it was a nice quiet 2 weeks but I'm ready for some action now. Hopefully something good the next 2 weeks

I agree that there should be an in-game channel to warn of future conflicts/events, as there is one thing Devs ignores called REAL LIFE, and people often make plans in advance. I miss the old days when the data miners could tell us what was to come with a week or more in advance.

When you play with multiple bases, a little anticipation of what's to come helps you choose which bases to play, which bases need to dump medals, which bases will be inactive for major upgrades, and what league you need to be to receive the required amount of frags...

I'm right now to finish upgrading my baby rebel base to HQ 7, because I am expecting a conflict for MTT, and have time to build the Cantina.

And now my watch begins for what is to come, keeping one eye in the forum, one eye in the game developer note... :lol:

Dump medals? I have never done that. The time spent dumping medals you could use to do more attacks and get UC anyway. Seems like a total waste of time

Return to “General Discussions”