How do I transfer my swc account between different facebooks/devices?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Scaper
Storm Trooper

How do I transfer my swc account between different facebooks/devices?

Post#1 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:44 am

Hey guys, today I've been trying to transfer my account to a different facebook for a good two hours and failed. Even when I go to settings on swc on my phone and remove my facebook and then login with a new facebook account, the game still refuses to load on the new facebook. It won't unsync from my original facebook account. I can't unlink it for some reason.

I keep getting the message: Account sync error: The facebook account you are signed into is different than the facebook account that has been linked with your game. Please sign into that facebook account to get sync functionality.

Any idea how I can solve this? Or are there other easier ways to transfer accounts between different devices or platforms?

Scaper
Storm Trooper

Re: How do I transfer my swc account between different facebooks/devices?

Post#2 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:56 am

Managed to finally unlink my account from the original fb. Now I get 701 status error each time I try to open up swc on the secondary account. This is definitely harder than I expected.

DeathStriker

Post#3 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:56 am

Scaper wrote:...are there other easier ways to transfer accounts between different devices or platforms?

Scaper - See this Official Help found here and view Topics:

• iOS, Android, and Facebook Gameroom – Play your game across different platforms
  • Why am I unable to sync my STAR WARS™: Commander account with Facebook?
Hope this helps...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Scaper
Storm Trooper

Post#4 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:51 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Scaper wrote:...are there other easier ways to transfer accounts between different devices or platforms?

Scaper - See this Official Help found here and view Topics:

• iOS, Android, and Facebook Gameroom – Play your game across different platforms
  • Why am I unable to sync my STAR WARS™: Commander account with Facebook?
Hope this helps...

Thanks bro, I'll check it out.

PaulMSmith1975

Post#5 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:36 pm

I reset my FB password - now getting 701 errors pls help

Schruaf
Major General

Post#6 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:41 pm

Even when you unsync your game from facebook in the game, it seems it is still synced with it in the background.
Depending on the device you use, deactivate facebook app on phone or deinstall it, clear the fb account from your phone. Restart your device, start swc and sync it with your new fb account.

And best before you do all this secure your game with an second option like googleplay or the apple equivalent.

Return to “General Discussions”