Is Star Wars Commander New Content REALLY "New Content"?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
toname
Commodore

Re: NOTICE: New Star Wars Commander Content Soon!

Post#21 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:47 am

Dolphin75 wrote:
toname wrote:
Dolphin75 wrote:While we’re making suggestions, it just isn’t right that I get angry every time I get a Han Solo skin (the most worthless “upgrade” in the game). Zynga, please make Han Solo the hero in the game that he is in the concurrent Star Wars universe!

I don't know how you're using Han, but he's my go-to on Hoth. Pair him with 3-4 med droids and he'll clear out most bases at HQ8.

Okay, I know I kinda took the thread off topic, but I have to follow up. When I’ve tried to use the Captain Han Solo skin on Hoth, Han died trying to destroy traps and did not noticeably contribute to the attack. Hence my comment, the skin can only be used on Hoth, and it detracts from the Hero’s base-line performance, it is thus (in my mind) the most useless elite skin in the game. Did the devs change the skin performance and I missed it? BTW, I play at high level Prestige. I acknowledge that the basic Han (without skin) can be useful at lower levels.

Both Han and the skin have the same target preferences. "Target preferences: Trap (80), Turret (80), Shield (60), Shield generator (60), Droideka (50),..." Playing at HQ8, I've won battles against decent bases with Han, 3 med droids and 3 skinned jets before. He'll really only go out of his way to get traps when there aren't any turrets left.

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#22 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:03 pm

toname wrote:
Both Han and the skin have the same target preferences. "Target preferences: Trap (80), Turret (80), Shield (60), Shield generator (60), Droideka (50),..." Playing at HQ8, I've won battles against decent bases with Han, 3 med droids and 3 skinned jets before. He'll really only go out of his way to get traps when there aren't any turrets left.

Thanks - playing five years this month, I guess I only deployed Han before the trap preference was added. I thought it was tied to the skin (I should have checked swcpy). With equal preferences, I suspect Han goes for the closer of either traps or turrets. If one guesses wrong about trap location, he is wasted (but a good choice for defenders who put traps behind turrets). I will still never use him, even on Hoth, but I see that he could have value in some situations.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#23 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:37 pm

Dolphin75 wrote:
toname wrote:

Thanks - playing five years this month, I guess I only deployed Han before the trap preference was added. I thought it was tied to the skin (I should have checked swcpy). With equal preferences, I suspect Han goes for the closer of either traps or turrets. If one guesses wrong about trap location, he is wasted (but a good choice for defenders who put traps behind turrets). I will still never use him, even on Hoth, but I see that he could have value in some situations.

I don't use Han anymore neither for my HQ 6, only train him if is for deploy/mobilize objectives. As Captain Solo he was the best hero skin in the game, better than the equivalent Imperial skin for ATMP Mark 3 -- the Vanguard Syndrome ruined him.

The way how he just ignore the last building to go after a trap in an opposite side, and when he starts to shot walls to hit the trap behind is annoying.

One of the best "New Contents" Zynga could give would be to fix the vanguard syndrome, and bring old Captain Solo back as a simply turret killer.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#24 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:16 pm

mkenobi wrote:
Dolphin75 wrote:
toname wrote:

I don't use Han anymore neither for my HQ 6, only train him if is for deploy/mobilize objectives. As Captain Solo he was the best hero skin in the game, better than the equivalent Imperial skin for ATMP Mark 3 -- the Vanguard Syndrome ruined him.

The way how he just ignore the last building to go after a trap in an opposite side, and when he starts to shot walls to hit the trap behind is annoying.

One of the best "New Contents" Zynga could give would be to fix the vanguard syndrome, and bring old Captain Solo back as a simply turret killer.

Han was best as he was originally, a shield buster, then they ruined him.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Re: Is Star Wars Commander New Content REALLY "New Content"?

Post#25 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:16 am

Speaking of 'new' things... First war in ages (accidental war as someone drunkenly dropped us in one haha) and Tako is in opperation...

Woke up to 45-0... I had 3 attacks hunover as f**k with just with Tako ... no air or flag: 9 stars...

Is the Tako outpost the most OP item in gaming history? ???? hahahha
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 163,750 medals

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#26 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:27 am

Richaldo wrote:Speaking of 'new' things... First war in ages (accidental war as someone drunkenly dropped us in one haha) and Tako is in opperation...

Woke up to 45-0... I had 3 attacks hunover as f**k with just with Tako ... no air or flag: 9 stars...

Tatooine is the same, especially with wookie wagons and ITTs. Pretty much just load up 8 along with a few vans or shocks and drop them anywhere, no tactics required. But that tactic requires players to grind to unlock those units, which a surprising number of player do not have unlocked!

SpaceDandy
Commodore

Post#27 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:26 pm

Richaldo wrote:Speaking of 'new' things... First war in ages (accidental war as someone drunkenly dropped us in one haha) and Tako is in opperation...

Tako is indeed one heck of an overpowered game mechanic. And my compliments on your 9-star run with Tako last night - it was I who had to stay up and keep taking it back. Alas, your mates too often went without it. Enjoyed the war! Also fun going against a long-time and respected forum member! :)

Cheers,

Dandy of Roughteam
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#28 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:45 pm

strawman3125 wrote:

Tatooine is the same, especially with wookie wagons and ITTs. Pretty much just load up 8 along with a few vans or shocks and drop them anywhere, no tactics required. But that tactic requires players to grind to unlock those units, which a surprising number of player do not have unlocked!

As you are talking about OPs and boosts, a good "new content" could be nerf the OPs, especially Tako and Tatooine, or even Yavin:

WAR OUTPOST BUFFS:

Takodana non-hero infantry buffs + 500%
Tatooine buffs non-hero vehicles + 400%
Yavin buffs starships + 150%
ErKit increases walls / HQ health +100%
Hoth regenerates shields / deka shields + 18% / 1.5 sec

This is all too old, we have new units so strong that they work alone as an OP buff. A new rearrangement for Squad Wars could be a good start to the announced "new releases" they said.

And for Zynga, fix the damn errors! I had 4 Status 1215 while attacking in the conflict this weekend for no reason - I didn't drop the flag, I didn't remove units while training, I didn't pick units from HQ - just deployed the unit and got a crash when it was going to 100% and finished with 0% and loss of gears.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#29 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:25 pm

mkenobi wrote:And for Zynga, fix the damn errors! I had 4 Status 1215 while attacking in the conflict this weekend for no reason - I didn't drop the flag, I didn't remove units while training, I didn't pick units from HQ - just deployed the unit and got a crash when it was going to 100% and finished with 0% and loss of gears.

Error 1215 is deploying units too fast, it's an anti-cheat mechanism. Even if you're not physically doing it too quickly, a laggy internet connection can make it look to the servers as if the commands are coming too close together.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Ghostie
Major General

Post#30 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:49 pm

Shelendil wrote:
mkenobi wrote:And for Zynga, fix the damn errors! I had 4 Status 1215 while attacking in the conflict this weekend for no reason - I didn't drop the flag, I didn't remove units while training, I didn't pick units from HQ - just deployed the unit and got a crash when it was going to 100% and finished with 0% and loss of gears.

Error 1215 is deploying units too fast, it's an anti-cheat mechanism. Even if you're not physically doing it too quickly, a laggy internet connection can make it look to the servers as if the commands are coming too close together.

I was wondering why the hell I was getting those errors on the weekends and not during the weekdays. It makes perfect sense now. I usually go to the cabin on the weekends which is in the mountains/boonies and my internet speeds and ping there is horrible. Good info buddy, thank you.
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Return to “General Discussions”