Is Star Wars Commander New Content REALLY "New Content"?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Ghostie
Major General

Re: NOTICE: New Star Wars Commander Content Soon!

Post#11 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:22 pm

Richaldo wrote:
AlaricSkywalker wrote:I see that some people are complaining about some of these reoccurring events, but you gotta remember, Zynga's still working on figuring all that Disney laid out. Once they have it handled, we'll probably soon see more "new" content. Besides, as some pointed out, the anniversary is coming us and they probably have something special planned for that moment, be it a new event, or maybe update the default event grind crate pool to include more standard rewards (e.g., prestige players being able to get rancor frags from grind crates regardless of the event; adding Iakura frags to the lineup of vanguards, togs, ithorians, etc.).

I've played this game since day one with multiple bases... and these guys are dramatically better than their predecessors. . .

However, they've had this for a while now, 7+ months? That's a long time in gaming terms. As I wrote above, I'm very happy with their work on the 'technical' side - the game runs better than it's run EVER... but in terms of development its stagnated. As strawman said - 4th time we've had this particular conflict in a year... not to mention the format of matchmaking, conflicts and events is the same as ever...

We aren't asking for revoluton... but a little bit of evolution would be greatly appreciated. Shake it up a bit, go nuts... it may work... it may not... but it just feels a little stale for some of us vets now... and i'd love nothing more for them to succeed and keep this going as long as possible :)

Peace.

Excellent post agree 100%
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:00 am

As someone mentioned, the tendency seems to be to launch new units that can dump more and more troops to compensate for the fact that most defenders (especially those with GR at level 9 and 10) have more units to defend than the attacker has to attack...

We are seeing heroes birthing troops like the eATAT, Leia, Vader, Spider, or multiplying themselfes like the Death Troopers, ships dumping vehicles (remember Hauler?), Trucks pouring wookies or Troopers, and now a Tank/Train/Bus/Whatever pouring Dowutins...

My bet the next SWC New Content will be another cargo vehicle deploying troops or mini vehicles or a vehicle skin to deploy more units.

My suggestions to Zynga can be a skin for jugs/atte (atat/atdp) to become a Sandcrawler and roll over any building while deploying Jawas. :D

I did a research, and as Jawas are active participating in the Tatooine storyline, why they aren't in PvP??? They can bring that ion blaster to paralyze enemy troops for about 15 sec, and be great against GR and SC units!

And lastly, something that always bothered me for 2 years, please, Zynga, give Leia that camouflage uniform she wore on Endor... Who the hell goes to the jungle dressed like a bride?
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#13 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:07 pm

While we’re making suggestions, it just isn’t right that I get angry every time I get a Han Solo skin (the most worthless “upgrade” in the game). Zynga, please make Han Solo the hero in the game that he is in the concurrent Star Wars universe!

toname
Commodore

Post#14 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:00 pm

Dolphin75 wrote:While we’re making suggestions, it just isn’t right that I get angry every time I get a Han Solo skin (the most worthless “upgrade” in the game). Zynga, please make Han Solo the hero in the game that he is in the concurrent Star Wars universe!

I don't know how you're using Han, but he's my go-to on Hoth. Pair him with 3-4 med droids and he'll clear out most bases at HQ8.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#15 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:00 pm

Dolphin75 wrote:While we’re making suggestions, it just isn’t right that I get angry every time I get a Han Solo skin (the most worthless “upgrade” in the game). Zynga, please make Han Solo the hero in the game that he is in the concurrent Star Wars universe!

With the kin that you mention, Han is amazing! He usually ends up taking out 6-10 turrets all by his lonesome!

Harshit
Admiral

Post#16 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:07 pm

strawman3125 wrote:

With the kin that you mention, Han is amazing! He usually ends up taking out 6-10 turrets all by his lonesome!

Yes. He is quite fast and has a much greater firing rate, so he can take out shields in nontime at all. It may be annoying only when you need han to destroy a last corner building due to his speed but only goes to hunt the traps and lands you to 2star win.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

GlockShanty
Squadron Leader

Re: Is Star Wars Commander New Content REALLY "New Content"?

Post#17 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:35 am

Zynga are keeping the SWC community ticking over as a potential player base for when their new Star Wars game is eventually ready for release. In the meantime we're a source of revenue and so they keep us around. The opportunity to exploit us and also gain some temporary new payers...ahem, erm, I mean players...with Episode 9 for some short term financial gain is also there.

I'll be surprised if the game is still here this time next year. So don't expect anything really new or any massive changes. This game is now about maximum revenue farming for minimum effort.
Imperial
Officer in givethemnothing squad
Playing since August 2014

Harshit
Admiral

Post#18 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:30 am

I would like to ask that how many of the players will play the new SW game when zynga develops after closing SWC down ? Would you ask for some compensation depending on your HQ lvl ?
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Oz657
Officer

Post#19 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:57 am

With the Mandalorian coming to Disney+ in November I would like to think Mandalorian units are on the way....some kind of merc....Disney always likes to cash in on their releases, if Natural Motion doesn't capitalize on the opportunity they are missing out. Throwing a Boba hero in for imps and Sabine for rebels would be a cherry on top, but that's probably a stretch.

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#20 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:36 am

toname wrote:

I don't know how you're using Han, but he's my go-to on Hoth. Pair him with 3-4 med droids and he'll clear out most bases at HQ8.

Okay, I know I kinda took the thread off topic, but I have to follow up. When I’ve tried to use the Captain Han Solo skin on Hoth, Han died trying to destroy traps and did not noticeably contribute to the attack. Hence my comment, the skin can only be used on Hoth, and it detracts from the Hero’s base-line performance, it is thus (in my mind) the most useless elite skin in the game. Did the devs change the skin performance and I missed it? BTW, I play at high level Prestige. I acknowledge that the basic Han (without skin) can be useful at lower levels.

Return to “General Discussions”