New Squad Members - Do You Require They Have a Minimum Number of Medals?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Calboy
Captain

Re: New Squad Members - Do You Require They Have a Minimum Number of Medals?

Post#31 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:39 pm

They should have added something in chapters to ensure that certain defensive assets had to be of a higher level to prevent this underhand ‘tactic’.
Jade’s_Fire Squad

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#32 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:29 pm

TKTB51 wrote:Makes me think they don't defend well in wars, given the lack of turrets in particular.

Yes, they can be defensive liabilities in wars, but I think that's offset by the matchmaking advantage if the base score is low. We have a few in our squad, and I don't think it matters much. Especially if it's a Tako or Tat war. Then it's usually either a 45-45 tie or a drubbing if one team has a lot of no shows. Wars need to be fixed, but it's not high on the devs priority list.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#33 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:31 am

Sandbagging bases may not defend well against opponent of same or slightly lower HQ level, but they can be difficult to be dealt with if matched against much lower level opponents.

Giving the sandbagging nature, they are more likely to be matched against much lower HQ attacker, and the Prestige level togs or snipers in SC can take out the entire L5-6 load, if the attacker is not used to handle SC troops.

Toydarian
Commodore

Re: attracting new squad members - do you require medals?

Post#34 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:39 pm

DarkRebel wrote:Don’t jump on conclusion that everyone drops medals to be able to advance.
No one in both my rebel and IMP squads drop medals. We are playing to win, every single battle.
I don’t comment on how others play, but I hope people don’t make the conclusion that the only way to play this game is to drop medals. It is certainly harder to play at higher medal count, but not impossible. Just harder.

+100. That is where me and my bunch are at exactly. Each to their own. No medals needed to join. Those in for the long haul, stay with us, get coaching, get better. Nobody drops medals from what I have seen in my crew. We get pretty crap war matches, but they sort the wheat from the chaff. The chaff finds new homes. When I see level 7s and lvl 8s taking on, and beating, P bases, in wars, it can be quite inspirational. And so worth investing in their continued engagement. But never will I suggest medal dropping. End of.
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Return to “General Discussions”