New Squad Members - Do You Require They Have a Minimum Number of Medals?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
TKTB51
Commander

Re: New Squad Members - Do You Require They Have a Minimum Number of Medals?

Post#21 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:04 pm

yep, I'm at 45k medals, mostly built out Prestige base (just started 10th of the 22 turrets to Prestige, most everything else already there) - 50/50 droideka.

I'm still winning about 70% of my defenses, I usually planet hop to Tako and attack what I call RoboBases, you guys call them dev bases, same result. When you see 304,xxx contra, the SC is empty and it's a dev/robo base, just blast away for an almost guaranteed 3 stars (only 2 if my SC is empty or I screw it up).

At level 8, I camped on Hoth, but now I camp on Tat.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#22 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:09 pm

mkenobi wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:[cut]
TKTB51 - Your Matchmaking is based on your Adjusted Base Score (ABS) and a game Internal Matchmaking Formula (IMF). Your ABS is calculated as follows:

Adjusted Base Score (ABS) = Base Score * (0.00004 * Medals + 0.99)
Since the IMF picks Opponents within a "range" based upon your ABS then anything you can do to change / lower your ABS will result in seeing more Same Level or Lower Level Opponents then Upper Level Opponents.

While I agree in the concept of an adjusted base score, the adjustment seems too steep for medal count. If I'm understanding the formula properly, here's a comparison:

Prestige base with base score of 3,200 and 10,000 medals
Adjusted base score = 4,448 = 3,200*(0.0004*10,000+0.99)

Level 9 base with base score of 2,000 and 30,000 medals
Adjusted base score = 4,380 = 2,000*(0.0004*30,000+0.99)

That would explain why PvP matchmaking is so messed up for level 9's. Most level 9 bases would have base scores north of 2,000 and would then be matched up with Prestige bases with low medal counts. Medal gate and medal dumping have probably both had an impact in this regard. Big picture, medal count becomes half of your adjusted base score at around 25K medals and grows to over 85% of your adjusted base score at 160K medals.

Sorry, but don't talk about numbers and formulas, I have a problem with both, but what the hell, my Rebel HQ 9 was a sandbagging with 6 turrets level 1, but with 35k medals, this base only finds full Prestiges bases now.

I'm not talking about sandbaggings Prestiges, but Prestiges with lots of Prestige buffed turrets. If I want to find something I can attack, I need to skip dozens of bases. I Checked Gsow: BS = 1545, and current on 30813 medals.

I could simply delete this account, but I'm dropping medals (it will take time), and building and upgrading my turrets, it won't be sandbagging anymore, but a medal dump base. I believe Matchmaking works better if you have a full base with strong defenses but keep your number of medals too low.

I also think +30k medals is where the matchmaking goes to a way that leads only for monster bases, not matter if you are sandbagging or full base.

LOL, yeah, not everyone wants to see numbers. Bottom line, I think we said the same thing. Once you get to 25K medals, the medal count starts to matter more than your base score. And you are correct that 30K is where you really start to feel it. My brother has a level 10 base, that started to get all Prestige bases at level 9 when he hit the 30K medal mark and now he's at 40K. It's probably because the pool of players starts to thin out at that level as well as the formula used. Bottom line, once you get to 50K, 100K, 160K medal counts, the medal counts have a far greater impact on matchups than base score, if that formula is correct. I'm assuming that formula was pulled from the underlying codes.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Sloppydonkey
Commander

Post#23 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:51 pm

looking for a few new members to join our Squad,(FlyngBanthaSquad) and be part of our Team. We War every weekend either on Saturday or Sunday depending on the match up process and how long it takes. What we need our Lvl6, Lvl7, Lvl8 or possibly higher to help round our Squad. But all are welcome and we can help get your base leveled up . Squad rules: no medal min.

1) Donate right/correct troops that are being requested
2) Communicate through Squad Chat in game
3) English doesn't need to be your 1st language, but you need to be able to communicate
4) Participate in Squad War's if your chosen or request to be part of it

FlyngBanthaSquad
FlyngBanthaSquad
FlyngBanthaSquad

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#24 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:20 pm

Sloppydonkey wrote:looking for a few new members to join our Squad,(FlyngBanthaSquad) and be part of our Team. We War every weekend either on Saturday or Sunday depending on the match up process and how long it takes. What we need our Lvl6, Lvl7, Lvl8 or possibly higher to help round our Squad. But all are welcome and we can help get your base leveled up . Squad rules: no medal min.

1) Donate right/correct troops that are being requested
2) Communicate through Squad Chat in game
3) English doesn't need to be your 1st language, but you need to be able to communicate
4) Participate in Squad War's if your chosen or request to be part of it

FlyngBanthaSquad
FlyngBanthaSquad
FlyngBanthaSquad

Sloppydonkey,

It might just be me, but I don't think highjacking a thread sends a good message about your squad. I could be in the minority in that regard, but I thought I should speak up.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

TKTB51
Commander

Post#25 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:30 pm

LOL - he doesn't even say whether they're Imps or Rebs.

Pathetic.

TKTB51
Commander

Post#26 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:31 pm

at least two typos in his posting, perhaps the Englitch isn't his furst langage?

:)

Calboy
Captain

Post#27 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:57 am

Sounds like a dying squad

EDIT:

Sorry , what is a sandbagger ?

I keep with the challenge of the endeavour for medals as it shows a measure of respect imo.

My only base is rebel hq8 which is maxed out and rarely do I get a like for like enemy base.

Hq10 / P is the norm and 2 star mostly so it’s always a challenging grind but rewarding when I do get a bronzium crate (s)
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"
Jade’s_Fire Squad

DeathStriker

Post#28 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:16 am

Calboy wrote:Sorry , what is a sandbagger ?

Calboy - A Sandbagger is a Player whom designs their Base to appear weaker than it is. Often this is achieved by keeping "defenses" low but loading up SC with High-Level Units, along with "other tactics".

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

TKTB51
Commander

Post#29 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:17 am

on GSOW, you can see they've categorized some squads as sandbaggers.

You can see them there, and then you can look at them in the game.

Can you imagine a prestige level HQ, SC, Unit Transports, Research, Barracks, Factory, Hero Cmd and Starship

and only 20 level 1 walls, only two level 1 turrets - they never added nor upgraded those.

Base scores of less than 900, when mine is something like 3260.

TKTB51
Commander

Post#30 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:17 am

Makes me think they don't defend well in wars, given the lack of turrets in particular.

Return to “General Discussions”