New Squad Members - Do You Require They Have a Minimum Number of Medals?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
TKTB51
Commander

New Squad Members - Do You Require They Have a Minimum Number of Medals?

Post#1 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:20 am

attracting new squad members - do you require medals?

subject line says it all - do you require a certain number of medals for a new member to join your squad?

why or why not?

related question - do you or your squad mates "medal dump" by 'failing attacks' to get lower medal counts? Does it help you? Can you document that it does help you? I've seen statements that it does, but don't see evidence.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title To Better Reflect Topic - Added Original Title to Main Topic Post
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Lord
Commodore

Re: attracting new squad members - do you require medals?

Post#2 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:34 am

No, medals only cause pain and disturbant, for us, jumping medal is a wise strategy. ln fact, we don't need to drop medals on purpose, just lose every battle looting resources can make the medals proper amount. We don't encourage conflict outside tatooine, it's unwise, by HD and SW you can get much more frags. Squard is for sw, sc and 0-star, why do we need medals?

TKTB51
Commander

Post#3 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:38 am

my problem - I have a large number of defensive wins - which drives my medal count up.

I can't attack and dump fast enough. Approx 45,000 at current time. Would love to be under 10k, but that would take a LOT of attacks/losses.

toname
Commodore

Post#4 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:25 am

TKTB51 wrote:my problem - I have a large number of defensive wins - which drives my medal count up.

I can't attack and dump fast enough. Approx 45,000 at current time. Would love to be under 10k, but that would take a LOT of attacks/losses.

It takes maintenance periodically. I was up to 18k a few months ago, but now whenever I get to 7-10k I start to notice matchmaking getting harder and detrimental to grinding and I drop a few thousand medals.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:32 am

TKTB51 wrote:my problem - I have a large number of defensive wins - which drives my medal count up.

Some top squads require a high number of medals to join. about 20k, 30k or more. And individually speaking, medals are terrible for any player who wants to play in conflict and ends up being matched with rivals far above his level. Medals are only good for squads to raise them in the rankings.

Requiring members to have 30k medals like I saw in a squad on Featured Lists is absurd, at a time when most are dumping medals to survive in matchmaking. But there are always players who accept this challenge and are medal capped no matter how difficult matchmaking becomes.

Yes of course, dump medals saved my HQ 8. I was almost 1 year without playing with it because maxed out and with 10k medals the rivals were all 10 and Prestige. I stopped being lazy and dumped medals to 1k and now I am happy getting UCs in conflicts and fighting rivals that I can beat most of the time.

I am trying to save my HQ 9 with 35k medals and fighting only maxed out Prestiges now. It will take time, but it's the only way.

For Prestige players, medal dumping does not help too much, because you still have to deal with strong bases with full and high level Armory equipments.

Don't worry, look for squads where most of top players are low medals and join. Medals don't impact matchmaking in squad wars only for PvP, and are only about the squad ranking.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

TKTB51
Commander

Post#6 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:56 am

thinking about, after the current conflict (I want more of those barracks frags) of running with my armory turned off to get more defensive losses/ lost medals.

would (obviously) need to log in and attack (fail!) to reset my protection, and might also move my HQ to be completely open and available, just to give up that loss as quickly as possible to the opponent.

because, yes, with a Prestige base, mostly built out, I seldom need resources, I don't need the defensive wins (except in a conflict that I care about), so ... why not just push out the HQ and give the rebs a freebie?

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#7 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:52 pm

TKTB51 wrote:subject line says it all - do you require a certain number of medals for a new member to join your squad?

why or why not?

related question - do you or your squad mates "medal dump" by 'failing attacks' to get lower medal counts? Does it help you? Can you document that it does help you? I've seen statements that it does, but don't see evidence.

No medal requirement in our squad. Just a matter of preference. I enjoy helping new players, and I don't mind being the David in the David & Goliath type wars. Medal dumping helps with easier matchups, but you potentially lose gears on attacks due to that lower level opponent. It also takes additional work. If you do choose to medal dump, I would suggest doing it as part of an ongoing daily maintenance plan vs. trying to spend weeks trying to just medal dump.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

toname
Commodore

Post#8 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:01 pm

TKTB51 wrote:thinking about, after the current conflict (I want more of those barracks frags) of running with my armory turned off to get more defensive losses/ lost medals.

would (obviously) need to log in and attack (fail!) to reset my protection, and might also move my HQ to be completely open and available, just to give up that loss as quickly as possible to the opponent.

because, yes, with a Prestige base, mostly built out, I seldom need resources, I don't need the defensive wins (except in a conflict that I care about), so ... why not just push out the HQ and give the rebs a freebie?

Logging in to remove protection is an inefficient way to drop medals. Better to make a ton of soldiers/scouts and drop 1 and end the fight. Rinse and repeat. If the game is running fast I can drop 100 medals a minute that way.

TKTB51
Commander

Post#9 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:20 pm

So ... the big question - we play to lose so we can play to win?

The game's fundamental structure is effed up. No, I wasn't playing at the beginning, never on Windows, but have been playing for 2+ years. And have spent more money than I care to know on it (none recently).

Prestige players really only get benefits from wars - from the 10 fragments you can get in a crate for winning the war. Otherwise, building out my base only gets me more defensive wins, which ups my medal count, etc.

I guess, as noted here and in other threads, it really comes down to your relationship with your squad mates, helping noobs learn to play (the base game and the war game, which are quite different games), etc. Which ... I have, there's far more traffic in our FB messenger app than there ever was in the game chat app. Including stuff that couldn't get past Disney's child-friendly filters.

/end rant, sorry

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:02 pm

Don’t jump on conclusion that everyone drops medals to be able to advance.
No one in both my rebel and IMP squads drop medals. We are playing to win, every single battle.
I don’t comment on how others play, but I hope people don’t make the conclusion that the only way to play this game is to drop medals. It is certainly harder to play at higher medal count, but not impossible. Just harder.

Return to “General Discussions”