Zynga be proud of nothing!!!!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Re: Zynga be proud of nothing!!!!

Post#11 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:18 am

mkenobi wrote:Good to know, luckily I was never interested in installing Clash because many said it was similar to SWC but much more abusive in the matter of "pay to play". I tested GoT Winter is coming, Forge of Empires, Lineage Revolution and others just to uninstall a few weeks later.

But I'm beginning to think that SWC is just a slot machine for Zynga to subsidize some future new Star Wars-based game.

They don't even bother changing to a new loading screen... 2 years looking at that rebel screaming and pointing at the atat is already making me sick...

And after almost 5 years, how many mobile games last so long, I no longer worry about new content, only in getting the units I don't have for one base or another, or upgrade the ones I have that are still useful at their current HQ levels.

And trying to enjoy the game, because is Star Wars, and I can't find a better game. When they shut down SWC probably I will return to my classics Counter Strike and Battle for Wesnoth, or play Sega Genesis on my PC emulator. :D

I started on Clash.......... pretty much stopped when I discovered this game. Some awesome bits - like war replays etc, but generally the game play was very 'spammy'... a bit like the game is now with jumps lol :)
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 163,750 medals

LosVega
Admiral

Post#12 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:16 pm

DarthLazer wrote:They have done nothing for game, still 1215 crashes during war strikes, still chat lag, still unable to see requests, all the same garbage the game has always had unresolved. Natural slow motion perhaps. All the troops get nerfed down because they can do that in an app game, and never tell us. Been playing this game for several years and I hate seeing it not improve. I use to get a ton of defense wins all gone because nobody has a reason to go after real bases anymore... Sorry I'm venting, but I use to really enjoy the game, and was hoping they would fix this nonsense...

Starting from the top, war crashes - reboot before you attack and/or don't mix same troop/different level/HQ samples in SC. It's a known issue but can be worked around. Chat lag has been here from day one, I imagine they'll fix it one day but I consider it a minor nuisance except during war. Troops got nerfed? Which ones? Last significant "nerf" I'm aware of is imp GR snipers losing the med bot (deservedly so I might add) and whatever other adjustment made to them but that's still a sore subject to some. If you truly have been playing for several years then you know the current game is nowhere near what it was at the beginning. Several levels added, new features, new units, planets, EP events, etc..... Sounds like definitive progress but one player's improvement is another player's stagnation.

Last but not least, defense wins? Really? It's so many rookies attacking out there during conflicts not knowing what they about to get handed to them that it's not even funny. There's even those players that want to drop medals intentionally just to get better pvp matchmaking and you haven't benefited from that? Depending on your base score, Tat and Erkit are vacation planets now even during conflicts. You could leave your armory defenses off without worry of attack. Get on a green planet if you want to be attacked. Hoth in my opinion is balanced unless you have a really good defense layout. Keep in mind for all planets that the new flavor of the month is the multi-troop transport. Nothing really stops them if they are used in quantities greater than 4.

I'm not bashing your post, I just think you're focused on the wrong issues. I'll agree that war crashes are wholly unacceptable and should get priority for a resolution. I've also been playing since the game came out. I have armory level 5 jumps and can still find a way to pave over just about any base. I missed out unlocking rebel snipers GR but can still win defenses. It's not the game, it's how you play it.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#13 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:06 am

LosVega wrote:
DarthLazer wrote:They have done nothing for game, still 1215 crashes during war strikes, still chat lag, still unable to see requests, all the same garbage the game has always had unresolved. Natural slow motion perhaps. All the troops get nerfed down because they can do that in an app game, and never tell us. Been playing this game for several years and I hate seeing it not improve. I use to get a ton of defense wins all gone because nobody has a reason to go after real bases anymore... Sorry I'm venting, but I use to really enjoy the game, and was hoping they would fix this nonsense...

Starting from the top, war crashes - reboot before you attack and/or don't mix same troop/different level/HQ samples in SC. It's a known issue but can be worked around. Chat lag has been here from day one, I imagine they'll fix it one day but I consider it a minor nuisance except during war. Troops got nerfed? Which ones? Last significant "nerf" I'm aware of is imp GR snipers losing the med bot (deservedly so I might add) and whatever other adjustment made to them but that's still a sore subject to some. If you truly have been playing for several years then you know the current game is nowhere near what it was at the beginning. Several levels added, new features, new units, planets, EP events, etc..... Sounds like definitive progress but one player's improvement is another player's stagnation.

Last but not least, defense wins? Really? It's so many rookies attacking out there during conflicts not knowing what they about to get handed to them that it's not even funny. There's even those players that want to drop medals intentionally just to get better pvp matchmaking and you haven't benefited from that? Depending on your base score, Tat and Erkit are vacation planets now even during conflicts. You could leave your armory defenses off without worry of attack. Get on a green planet if you want to be attacked. Hoth in my opinion is balanced unless you have a really good defense layout. Keep in mind for all planets that the new flavor of the month is the multi-troop transport. Nothing really stops them if they are used in quantities greater than 4.

I'm not bashing your post, I just think you're focused on the wrong issues. I'll agree that war crashes are wholly unacceptable and should get priority for a resolution. I've also been playing since the game came out. I have armory level 5 jumps and can still find a way to pave over just about any base. I missed out unlocking rebel snipers GR but can still win defenses. It's not the game, it's how you play it.

+1
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#14 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:34 am

LosVega wrote:

Agree.

Someone in the other thread told me that Status 1215 are caused by deployment troops too fast due to game lag or slow connection, and I think it makes sense, but the hell, that leads to loss of gears and medals and 0% defeats, while the old status 905 they changed to a way we didn't lose the attack. They need to do something about it, I had 5 Status 1215 while attacking these days in the Sharps conflicts, really annoying.

Chat is broken since I started on Windows almost 5 years ago, and since I started on iOS/Android 3 years ago, it keeps lagging, I can't see requests, I can't see the messages in real time, always need to reload to update chat, and I don't believe they will fix that someday. Use Line or Discord if you want a better communication with your squad, there's no other way.

I don't think any unit or equipament was nerfed since Imperial Snipers GR and Imperial Rapid Fire turrets, what is hapenning is defense is so overpowered now that the units you used to use to win attacks aren't enough and you need extra force from the new vehicles that spawn units -- if you can grind for them in conflicts or buy crates in the shop, of course.

I win lots of defenses every day, but because people are dumping medals more than really attacking my bases.

There are worse gameplay issues involving PvP, such as using medals and base score to define matchmaking. We also need devs to improve the attack, and somehow increase the player base so that we are not forced to attack the same 20-30 players all the time during conflicts, either ending with CNFOs or just hitting dev bases.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Harshit
Admiral

Post#15 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:55 am

mkenobi wrote:
LosVega wrote:

Agree.

Someone in the other thread told me that Status 1215 are caused by deployment troops too fast due to game lag or slow connection, and I think it makes sense, but the hell, that leads to loss of gears and medals and 0% defeats, while the old status 905 they changed to a way we didn't lose the attack. They need to do something about it, I had 5 Status 1215 while attacking these days in the Sharps conflicts, really annoying.

Chat is broken since I started on Windows almost 5 years ago, and since I started on iOS/Android 3 years ago, it keeps lagging, I can't see requests, I can't see the messages in real time, always need to reload to update chat, and I don't believe they will fix that someday. Use Line or Discord if you want a better communication with your squad, there's no other way.

I don't think any unit or equipament was nerfed since Imperial Snipers GR and Imperial Rapid Fire turrets, what is hapenning is defense is so overpowered now that the units you used to use to win attacks aren't enough and you need extra force from the new vehicles that spawn units -- if you can grind for them in conflicts or buy crates in the shop, of course.

I win lots of defenses every day, but because people are dumping medals more than really attacking my bases.

There are worse gameplay issues involving PvP, such as using medals and base score to define matchmaking. We also need devs to improve the attack, and somehow increase the player base so that we are not forced to attack the same 20-30 players all the time during conflicts, either ending with CNFOs or just hitting dev bases.

+1
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

DarthLazer
Commander

Post#16 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:42 pm

Los Vega the defense game is gone due to the loot on dev bases. Flat out... why go after real bases if you can make a fortune hitting easy dev bases. I have been playing since start and use to play Windows until they shut it down. Talk of new troops. How many of those are useless. The SDK, Turd slicer, Roomba vacuum. Good to know I must deploy slowly, I figured that was the issue, but we don't always remember to do that now. I'm wondering how long they can make this game function before they take it behind the barn and shoot it. I don't do as many offense games, so the defense game being gone is big enough, trust me. I won conflict after conflict with the defense game before the inception of mega loot. We all know why that is in place, too many cry babies. Anyways I love star wars and I love the game, but it isn't going forward. The rodians use to lay out far more air strikes then they do now, tweak are needed, I just think they should ALL be reported in dev notes.

DarthLazer
Commander

Post#17 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Oh and yes the defense wins are really only on Tat and Erkit from medal dumping which I have never done and don't buy into. I would not speak up if I had not been playing this game for years, it's probably time for me to hang it up I guess, seems only a few feel the same.

Lord
Commodore

Post#18 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:11 am

Zynga doesn't even know what proud is, its stuff are pigs only care about money.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#19 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:18 pm

Take it easy, buddy, games should exist for fun when there's nothing better for you to do, if a game becomes a must as a job or stupid bureaucracy - as SWC has become for many players - it's better to stop and look for other games.

This is a game that needs to make money, and Zynga must pay any royalty to Disney for running it, so if Zynga has no profit to pay the costs and pay the royalties, they will pull the plug...

Prestige was the biggest scam to sell crystals in the history of mobile games. 1 year later, most Prestige players have started new bases because game is near unplayable at Prestige. SWC is more pay to play in the Zynga era than it was with Disney. Deal with it.

I keep expecting news and improvements, but if it doesn't, the game is still fun with my HQ 6 and HQ 8, so screw my two Prestige bases. Who needs a Prestige base that only serves to attack Dev bases and donate Prestige troops, and no one attacks anymore?

My HQ 6 is UC on Tako and Tatooine right now, and wiping out bases 1 or 2 levels above just for fun. :D
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#20 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:45 pm

mkenobi wrote:Take it easy, buddy, games should exist for fun when there's nothing better for you to do, if a game becomes a must as a job or stupid bureaucracy - as SWC has become for many players - it's better to stop and look for other games.

This is a game that needs to make money, and Zynga must pay any royalty to Disney for running it, so if Zynga has no profit to pay the costs and pay the royalties, they will pull the plug...

Prestige was the biggest scam to sell crystals in the history of mobile games. 1 year later, most Prestige players have started new bases because game is near unplayable at Prestige. SWC is more pay to play in the Zynga era than it was with Disney. Deal with it.

I keep expecting news and improvements, but if it doesn't, the game is still fun with my HQ 6 and HQ 8, so screw my two Prestige bases. Who needs a Prestige base that only serves to attack Dev bases and donate Prestige troops, and no one attacks anymore?

My HQ 6 is UC on Tako and Tatooine right now, and wiping out bases 1 or 2 levels above just for fun. :D

+1
I'm having more fun with my sandbagged level 7 base than I've had in years. I smash 99% of bases I attack and get lots of defensive wins. And I'm UC on Dando, Tako and Tatt without too much grinding.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Return to “General Discussions”