Zynga be proud of nothing!!!!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthLazer
Commodore

Zynga be proud of nothing!!!!

Post#1 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:38 pm

They have done nothing for game, still 1215 crashes during war strikes, still chat lag, still unable to see requests, all the same garbage the game has always had unresolved. Natural slow motion perhaps. All the troops get nerfed down because they can do that in an app game, and never tell us. Been playing this game for several years and I hate seeing it not improve. I use to get a ton of defense wins all gone because nobody has a reason to go after real bases anymore... Sorry I'm venting, but I use to really enjoy the game, and was hoping they would fix this nonsense...
Partner of Dark_DyNasty squad and Windows survivor.
Sister Squads, Dark_DyNasty 2 and DDII

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Force_Awareness

sgu97cab
Major General

Re: Zynga be proud of nothing!!!!

Post#2 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:44 pm

I'm pretty sure they are just keeping SWC ticking over to try and keep the players on board while they develop a replacement, then hope we all jump over to a future new game.
At least on the plus side we've seen:
-a couple of conflicts with more frags than before (e.g. the Rancor event which gave both Rancor and Krayt frags, and the recent Heros event which gave 24 instead of the usual 16 frags for Obsidian).
-equipment crates in the shop with guaranteed frags instead of it being a lottery of frags
-feedback surveys (so I assume they are taking some things on board albeit very slowly)
Main account:BaconSecond account:nEggs
Squads:CircleOf.Masters,NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

***If any players want to get involved in no outpost wars please PM me on this forum or on LINE app***

DarthLazer
Commodore

Post#3 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:04 pm

Plus side is game as usual really.
Partner of Dark_DyNasty squad and Windows survivor.
Sister Squads, Dark_DyNasty 2 and DDII

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Force_Awareness

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#4 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:30 pm

Any major improvements will take time, and thus patience from us.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

Calboy
Captain

Post#5 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:39 pm

Go to see zynga careers on their website and see a whole host of IT jobs for a new Star Wars game to be/being developed
Jade’s_Fire Squad

Ghostie
Major General

Post#6 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:02 pm

sgu97cab wrote:I'm pretty sure they are just keeping SWC ticking over to try and keep the players on board while they develop a replacement, then hope we all jump over to a future new game.

I hope your right.

I also hope if Zynga does shut this game down they compensate players similar to what Windows did. It would be a nice thank you and an excellent method of retaining it's SWC customer base toward their new Star Wars themed game. I am ready for some greener pastures and I am one of the biggest sunshine pumpers this game has.

Of course my thoughts might be a bit emotional right now due to the fact that I am a bit burnt out on the game, and I view the game through Prestige tinted glasses... but this whole summer feels like the movie Groundhog Day (6:00 A.M. I got you babe) ...same old ....same old stuff...over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyBSrBqogPY
Some men aren't looking for any logical solution. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#7 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:40 pm

Since we seem to be taking Zynga to task. I would be interested in someone's take on the comparison between Clash of Clans and SWC. In broad terms, it's the same game. I actually found CoC a little boring, so I rarely play it, but conceptually it seems like the same game to me. Could not develop a connection to the game. It sounds like CoC just introduced their Season of Challenges that generated $27m in revenue in one week, back in April. On first glance this looks like daily objectives and weekly conflicts/events? I guess I need to dust off the game to see what it's about. They also added a Gold Pass $4.99 membership fee that gives those players greater rewards, and exclusive skins. I can see this happening down the road in swc. I can see some swc players cringing at that thought, but these games do steal ideas and repackage them.

The irony is that CoC is a billion dollar game, with similar concepts to swc. The same concepts that many swc players are grumbling about. They deal with mini base issues, war mismatches, etc. I would be interested to hear from those that play heavily in both, and get their take on any real or perceived differences. SWC had a built in customer base and CoC took a concept from scratch. SWC has by estimates generated $80m to date, which I'm assuming is since the inception of the game. Solid numbers, but it seems like CoC has done better, yet I don't see any major differences in creativity on both sides.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:06 pm

Clash is boring as hell if you ask me. I mean, if your favorite thing about SWC is upgrading walls, then Clash is the game for you. But the cook times are insane, most attacks are spam attacks of one variety or another, and everyone has or can have the exact same layout. The matchmaking sucks worse than here, so you can watch your defenses to see how you were plowed, but you were attacked by someone multiple levels above you with unstoppable troops you don't have access to you.

Long story short, it sucks ass.

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:36 am

FinrodFelagund wrote:Any major improvements will take time, and thus patience from us.

Meh....... they've had the game for over half a year with absolutely minimal changes or upgrades..... compared to ANY other mobile game this is appalling. In fact i'd say it's the slowest moving game of this format with regard to changes / updates / new challenges on the market.
Richaldo. Level 27 Prestige 166,300 medals.
Leader of SITh, Level 50 - Killing rebels since 2014!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:20 am

Good to know, luckily I was never interested in installing Clash because many said it was similar to SWC but much more abusive in the matter of "pay to play". I tested GoT Winter is coming, Forge of Empires, Lineage Revolution and others just to uninstall a few weeks later.

But I'm beginning to think that SWC is just a slot machine for Zynga to subsidize some future new Star Wars-based game.

They don't even bother changing to a new loading screen... 2 years looking at that rebel screaming and pointing at the atat is already making me sick...

And after almost 5 years, how many mobile games last so long, I no longer worry about new content, only in getting the units I don't have for one base or another, or upgrade the ones I have that are still useful at their current HQ levels.

And trying to enjoy the game, because is Star Wars, and I can't find a better game. When they shut down SWC probably I will return to my classics Counter Strike and Battle for Wesnoth, or play Sega Genesis on my PC emulator. :D
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Return to “General Discussions”